Jump to content
asterix

BCCI Fires the Selectors… Breaking News!

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Jay Shah as BCCI head is a crime that nobody in India or even this forum dares to speak up against.  Wonder why that is.

Many have, including myself. Maybe you chose not to see them.

 

Same way Rohan Jaitley 'inheriting' the DDCA post just because his dad was in it? Thats a bigger crime. He's one of the most rudest and slimiest prick whos unqualified to handle this top post...

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

what "business". how did he magically end up creating a business so quickly after his father become a major government figure. Stop denying the blatant nepotism. What were his qualifications that led to him being "inheriting" the chief of BCCI kursi? Of course Bjp worshippers are going to find this aspect uncomfortable to discuss...

 

Just one post made you lose your temper. And that when we were almost on same page if you read it properly.

 

I will say it again, Amit Shah is not stupid to think BCCI position can give his son any public support. Maybe his son himself wanted to take this route, which is going to fail sooner or later.

 

 

Link to comment

Good that they all got fired. They were pretty useless. But the problems we have are deeper. Selectors should be made accountable by tying their compensation directly to the team results. Their base pay should be very minimal and bonuses should be awarded for team wins in big tournaments like World Cups / World T20s and away tours in SENA.

 

I sincerely hope whoever they pick as selectors now don't just keep the tradition of picking "safe" teams, but I don't think that will happen. They should be a little more adventurous and try out new players. Otherwise, we will see the same Rahul, Rohit, Kohli playing in top 3 and losing yet another World level tournament.

Link to comment

BCCI posts are just not visible, I don't know how Ganguly was efficient or better than previous presidents. To me, they all wield no power/influence. How do you determin if they are good or bad? How's Sharad Pawar more deserving a BCCI post than a Jaitley? They are just your Rotary Club posts , given to celebrities as a prestige. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Texan said:

Good that they all got fired. They were pretty useless. But the problems we have are deeper. Selectors should be made accountable by tying their compensation directly to the team results.

And how will that work when the real culprits, TM & maybe even the coaches, are hardly accountable? If you want selectors to be able to do their job properly cut the Captain down to size! After our original WC hero was removed at the behest of Srini, MS we've always had this issue ever since :whack2:

 

You can blame those two MFers :hitler:

Link to comment
1 minute ago, R!TTER said:

And how will that work when the real culprits, TM & maybe even the coaches, are hardly accountable? If you want selectors to be able to do their job properly cut the Captain down to size! After our original WC hero was removed at the behest of Srini, MS we've always had this issue ever since :whack2:

 

You can blame those two MFers :hitler:

I do think TM should also get compensated based on results. The team should have a "Team Director" role instead of a "Coach" role. The Team Director is responsible for the results of the entire tour. Their compensation should also be on similar lines: give extraordinary bonuses for results that count (not for useless bilateral ODI/T20 series, but tournaments that really matter). The captain should just be a figurehead who goes out for the toss and advises on field placement and bowler rotation. The strategy (along with Plans B, C, D) should be defined by the Team Director. The captain is only expected to execute on them on the field. And captaincy should not be a permanent job. Captains should be rotated for different tours. Don't make any one personality bigger than the game. We have fallen in this trap too many times where the captain ends up becoming bigger than the game.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Nash said:

The issue with Indian selection committee is more in structural. doesn't matter who is there, they will making same mistakes.

 

For some reason, I like Ramiz Raja's approach. he is sending notices to all formal pakistani cricketers like alpha male. Ramiz raja is teaching a lesson to all " Batamiz Raja" or pakistani cricket. he got some guts to do it.

 

BCCI should get some balls and make some hard decisions like make foreign coaches, kick fat guys out of LOI, put some new blood in team.

https://m.timesofindia.com/england-in-india-2013/top-stories/selectors-wanted-dhoni-sacked-as-odi-captain-too-amarnath/articleshow/17593194.cms

 

Ever since this happened I don't understand why we bother who the selectors are, it's not like they have the kind of power that we think they have any more 

Link to comment
43 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

Just one post made you lose your temper. And that when we were almost on same page if you read it properly.

 

I will say it again, Amit Shah is not stupid to think BCCI position can give his son any public support. Maybe his son himself wanted to take this route, which is going to fail sooner or later.

 

 

"Lose my temper"?  Lmao.  Delusions are not just for greenbros.

Link to comment
47 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Many have, including myself. Maybe you chose not to see them.

 

Same way Rohan Jaitley 'inheriting' the DDCA post just because his dad was in it? Thats a bigger crime. He's one of the most rudest and slimiest prick whos unqualified to handle this top post...

I see that you can't help but bring whataboutist logic into this discussion to somehow portray 2 blatant wrongs making it right....

 

Anything that doesn't line up with "blast the kaangress" narrative is of course going to be prickly to digest....Btw, I despise the fossils and thieves that inhabit the "congress party" just to be clear....

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I see that you can't help but bring whataboutist logic into this discussion to somehow portray 2 blatant wrongs making it right....

 

Anything that doesn't line up with "blast the kaangress" narrative is of course going to be prickly to digest....Btw, I despise the fossils and thieves that inhabit the "congress party" just to be clear....

 

wait what? I didnt realise you had comprehension issues.. where did i want to make two wrongs right?:facepalm: Im highlighting two issues which are both wrong and unwarranted. Hows that whataboutism and anti congress when both peoples dad were BJP MPs..?

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

BCCI posts are just not visible, I don't know how Ganguly was efficient or better than previous presidents. To me, they all wield no power/influence. How do you determin if they are good or bad? How's Sharad Pawar more deserving a BCCI post than a Jaitley? They are just your Rotary Club posts , given to celebrities as a prestige. 

oh yeah? why the EFF is Jay shah making live announcements of the team selection ahead of tournaments then? Or making public statements about whetehr India will play against Pakistan.  

 

Stop justifying corruption simply because its being done by the party or side of the political spectrum that you are sympathetic to.  Come on bhai.  Lets call a spade a farking spade.

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

oh yeah? why the EFF is Jay shah making live announcements of the team selection ahead of tournaments then? Or making public statements about whetehr India will play against Pakistan.  

 

Stop justifying corruption simply because its being done by the party or side of the political spectrum that you are sympathetic to.  Come on bhai.  Lets call a spade a farking spade.

He’s the BCCI secretary, remember Jaywant LeLe during Azhar days. That’s the job of a BCCI secretary. He’s also the President of ACC hence, he has to say if India will travel to Pak for a ACC event (Asia cup) . 
 

I was not even justifying him, I have no idea who deserves to be a BCCI secretary or what his duties are to say that he is corrupt. It seems like he got the job because of Amit Shah’s clout. You can say nepotism, kind of hypocritical of BIP who keep harping on Dynasty rule.  Please school me about his corrupt ways. It seems like your hate is more to do with your views on Shah-Modi. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

This is just some damage control to show fans/public that they care. Ideally, they should reboot the whole team, way of thinking, etc - Fire captains, timid openers and trundlers.

 

You were supporting these guys before the tournament :lol: 

 

Edited by zen
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

ou can say nepotism, kind of hypocritical of BIP who keep harping on Dynasty rule.  Please school me about his corrupt ways.

whats there to 'school'? how and why is he heading BCCI? That by definition is corrupt.

 

Quote

It seems like your hate is more to do with your views on Shah-Modi. 

 

Hate?  Not the right word.  Disgust more like it.  Do you not share my desire to see India iterate and evolve towards a meritocracy? Or is it just dandy to have the laadla betaa lisp his way through an Indian team announcement? 

 

what exactly btw, do you think my views on "Shah-Modi" are?  

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...