Why Asian teams struggle to beat 2 SENA teams in back to back KOs in WCs?

zen

14 minutes ago, zen said:

But the discussion is on back to back KO games in WCs. SL beat Ind in SF. 

What’s with beating only SENA teams in KOs? There are other stronger teams as well. Anyway, I don’t see the value of this stat. I see how Aus beat Pak, India and SL in 3 consecutive ODI WCs from 1999-2007 finals as a mark of dominance 

Edited by coffee_rules
Just now, coffee_rules said:

What’s with beating only SENA teams in KOs? There are other stronger teams as well. Anyway, I don’t see the value of this stat. I see how Aus , beat Pak, India and SL in 3 consecutive ODI WCs from 1999-2007 finals as a mark of dominance 

If you don’t understand what the thread is about, what the point in providing irrelevant opinion. 

You provide zero value with your opinions. 

22 minutes ago, zen said:

If you don’t understand what the thread is about, what the point in providing irrelevant opinion. 

You provide zero value with your opinions. 

Ok boss. Will stay away. Just asking questions. Eng is the ultimate super team to defeat India and Pakistan in KOs after winning two tosses. Aus defeating Pak and NZ in 2021 after winning two tosses is no BFD.

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Ok boss. Will stay away. Just asking questions. Eng is the ultimate super team to defeat India and Pakistan in KOs after winning two tosses. Aus defeating Pak and NZ in 2021 after winning two tosses is no BFD.

People have the choice to understand the topic and post accordingly.

My topics are not an avenue for sore losers to try to comfort themselves by making it India v whatever. They are mainly for those who want to discuss "cricket". If Eng is doing something good for e.g., then it should be praised (not looked at with jealousy because it is not India). If India and some of its players are doing poorly, that should be addressed too without fanboyism and fake cheerleading. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

What’s with beating only SENA teams in KOs? There are other stronger teams as well. Anyway, I don’t see the value of this stat. I see how Aus beat Pak, India and SL in 3 consecutive ODI WCs from 1999-2007 finals as a mark of dominance 

Excellent post as always coffee may be its because you are always very fully alert because of the coffee and the cricketing acumen. Top post ok bye.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

This Eng is just a better team for the conditions. Its simple hitting game t20. Too many wickets for too few overs.

Just now, Vilander said:

You mad uncle ? The dil dil lad and I had very very friendly discussions in our personal messages I am sure all is sorted. But why are you chickening from a discussion ? 

No one wastes time on cheap trolls like you who have to resort to trolling to get attention ... Do you even have brains for a discussion? 

52 minutes ago, zen said:

People have the choice to understand the topic and post accordingly.

My topics are not an avenue for sore losers to try to comfort themselves by making it India v whatever. They are mainly for those who want to discuss "cricket". If Eng is doing something good for e.g., then it should be praised (not looked at with jealousy because it is not India). If India and some of its players are doing poorly, that should be addressed too without fanboyism and fake cheerleading. 

Erm. Just being pedantic.. This site is IndianCricketFans.com. Of course all topics will be India centric and will be compared to Indian performance. Sorry, not to know how to respond to topics 

Edited by coffee_rules
33 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Erm. Just being pedantic.. This site is IndianCricketFans.com. Of course all topics will be India centric and will be compared to Indian performance. Sorry, not to know how to respond to topics 

Alternatively "cricket fans" from India. This is not an India centric topic. It is a cricket centric topic of which India is a part of like all the other teams. I have no partiality to any team on such topics ... I like to discuss a variety of topics with folks who have interest on those topics. 

Leave the  cheerleading to appropriate threads! ... Also Indians cheerleading among Indians can be a pointless exercise. It is like a Pakistani telling to other Pakistanis that Pakistan is a great atomic and military power and it can conquer any country (a discussion that serves no purpose). 

Even when talking to cricketers, I do not engage in cheerleading. Below is my note to Indian cricketers where I gave them my honest take that India is not going to win the world cup:

"Second, not too happy with how Team India is shaping up for the upcoming 2022 WC as:

a) Aus just showed how explosive it could be in the first 10 overs. Notched up 100+ runs without breaking a sweat. 
b) Bowling lacks speed. India should have used the opportunity post IPL to groom both Umran & Moshin. Moshin brings in the left arm angle, can create awkward bounce, vary pace (effort balls can touch 150+), & be accurate. Appears as if India picked seamers based on their ability to be accurate and performances on tired pitches due to matches being played at a handful of venues in IPL.

8 minutes ago, zen said:

Alternatively "cricket fans" from India. This is not an India centric topic. It is a cricket centric topic of which India is a part of like all the other teams. I have no partiality to any team on such topics ... I like to discuss a variety of topics with folks who have interest on those topics. 

Leave the  cheerleading to appropriate threads! ... Also Indians cheerleading among Indians can be a pointless exercise. It is like a Pakistani telling to other Pakistanis that Pakistan is a great atomic and military power and it can conquer any country (a discussion that serves no purpose). 

Even when talking to cricketers, I do not engage in cheerleading. Below is my note to Indian cricketers where I gave them my honest take that India is not going to win the world cup:

"Second, not too happy with how Team India is shaping up for the upcoming 2022 WC as:

a) Aus just showed how explosive it could be in the first 10 overs. Notched up 100+ runs without breaking a sweat. 
b) Bowling lacks speed. India should have used the opportunity post IPL to groom both Umran & Moshin. Moshin brings in the left arm angle, can create awkward bounce, vary pace (effort balls can touch 150+), & be accurate. Appears as if India picked seamers based on their ability to be accurate and performances on tired pitches due to matches being played at a handful of venues in IPL.

I wasn’t even cheerleading. Asked why winning against SENA in KOs is considered special, when we know S is a choker team? Had enough of your virtue signaling! Eng is a better team in the conditions and were also  lucky to win tosses. Don’t ask me to fall head over heals for them. Aus in the years from mid 1990s till around 2010 were world dominating in Cricket in all formats

Edited by coffee_rules
13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I wasn’t even cheerleading. Asked why winning against SENA in KOs is considered special, when we know S is a choker team? Had enough of your virtue signaling! Eng is a better team in the conditions and we lucky to win tosses. Don’t ask me to fall head over heelsfor them. 

That is a type of cheerleading where you made it Ind v Eng, when there was no such issue. Both teams are equal here much like any other team.

Here, we are looking into a situation where over the years (so things like tosses are out of equation and when many times Asian teams got to do what it wanted. For e.g. SL won the toss versus Eng and Ind would have batted first anyways), Asian teams chances decrease when facing two SENA teams in back to back KO games. Therefore, Asian teams are more likely to win a tournament when they play at least one other Asian team (likely to happen more in Asia like conditions). 

Please do not post random stuff. 

Edited by zen
16 minutes ago, zen said:

That is a type of cheerleading where you made it Ind v Eng, when there was no such issue. Both teams are equal here much like any other team.

Here, we are looking into a situation where over the years (so things like tosses are out of equation and when many times Asian teams got to do what it wanted. For e.g. SL won the toss versus Eng and Ind would have batted first anyways), Asian teams chances decrease when facing two SENA teams in back to back KO games. Therefore, Asian teams are more likely to win a tournament when they play at least one other Asian team (likely to happen more in Asia like conditions). 

Please do not post random stuff. 

Just a random stat. You have 6 out of 21 cases you can rule out 70s and as @Nikhil_cric has already mentioned whenever Asian countries have won, some Sena country hasn’t made it to KOs. Nothing like an established pattern. Also pressure in KOs is same be it Sena or fellow Asian. Have to disagree 

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just a random stat. You have 6 out of 21 cases you can rule out 70s and as @Nikhil_cric has already mentioned whenever Asian countries have won, some Sena country hasn’t made it to KOs. Nothing like an established pattern. Also pressure in KOs is same be it Sena or fellow Asian. Have to disagree 

Those things (like SENA teams have not made it when Asian teams have won) are already understood when we look at how Asian teams have won .... The discussion is beyond that esp. since SENA teams are expected to dominate in the near future unless conditions favor Asian teams. Even in UAE we saw 3 SENA teams. In the last T20 WC, an unfancied result prevented SA from making it (would have been the 3rd team). 

Such points that you quoted only show how many folks miss the key points. 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, zen said:

No one wastes time on cheap trolls like you who have to resort to trolling to get attention ... Do you even have brains for a discussion? 

Ok ok don’t increase your bp uncle..I just felt the thread was not in my iq level that’s all, but obviously your have thought hard about it and you have a sensitive and close feeling about the topic. Ok cool 

21 minutes ago, zen said:

Those things (like SENA teams have not made it when Asian teams have won) are already understood when we look at how Asian teams have won .... The discussion is beyond that esp. since SENA teams are expected to dominate in the near future unless conditions favor Asian teams. Even in UAE we saw 3 SENA teams. In the last T20 WC, an unfancied result prevented SA from making it (would have been the 3rd team). 

Such points that you quoted only show how many folks miss the key points. 

You have 6 cases and you ruled two are exceptions (83 and 92) you are making a narrative of remaining 4 cases - 07 (SA), 09 (Eng) , 11 (India) and 14 (BD) . Out of which 07 and 09 were likely to have SENA dominating. I will stop here as it’s getting absurd

14 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Ok ok don’t increase your bp uncle..I just felt the thread was not in my iq level that’s all, but obviously your have thought hard about it and you have a sensitive and close feeling about the topic. Ok cool 

Buddy, you are not even funny :facepalm:

What is that you are trying to achieve?  Why are you wasting my time?