Why Asian teams struggle to beat 2 SENA teams in back to back KOs in WCs?

zen

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You have 6 cases and you ruled two are exceptions (83 and 92) you are making a narrative of remaining 4 cases - 07 (SA), 09 (Eng) , 11 (India) and 14 (BD) . Out of which 07 and 09 were likely to have SENA dominating. I will stop here as it’s getting absurd

It’s not … It is just that you are finding different  ways to argue pointlessly hoping something sticks 

Remember, you are usually wrong! 

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

No you are. Top that comeback!

Who stated the Ind-Pak thread thinking it as an easy picking but where Ind lost for the 1st time to Pak in a WC?

Who spammed for the top order? Which failed miserably? 

Who thought Ind is going to win the WC? 

And now who is writing against all those things he previously believed in?

There is a pattern. You will usually take the wrong stand based on what appears “obvious” or “wishful” thinking! :(( (Unfortunately, your thought process will be influenced by like minded wrong folks, creating a vicious cycle)

Because you know that I know that you are usually wrong, you are trying hard to be right (and I am engaging with you to see you can be but you have disappointed me so far. Don’t throw random stuff hoping something sticks :no: )

PS you were also a supporter of Bhuvi & Ashwin IIRC :facepalm:

Edited by zen
46 minutes ago, zen said:

Who stated the Ind-Pak thread thinking it as an easy picking but where Ind lost for the 1st time to Pak in a WC?

Who spammed for the top order? Which failed miserably? 

Who thought Ind is going to win the WC? 

And now who is writing against all those things he previously believed in?

Wishful thinking , cheering is not to be judged objectively. Those are for my own positive thinking to get up and watch the match. I want India to win all matches at least against Pak. Analysis is done post-Mortem and reality sinks in a lot of times. Gloom and doom  will be proven wrong (remember after 36 a.o in Adelaide). So, I will always be positive about India’s chances. For Top3, I was sure about other replacements being worse than these, based on bi-lateral performances in last 1 year. Pant was horrible in temperament. Sky too as an opener. Ishan, Samson failed in the limited chances they got. I have been saying after WC debacle, that RoKoKela is not fit for T20s again. 

Tera accha din chal raha hain, India is losing in last 1.5 years.

So, after 2021 WC , I claimed India will be better after winning Bhai-laterals. Selections of trundlers were always a talking point. After losing Asia cup and India lost the first match horribly against Aus in India bilat , I was distraught and was a wrist-slitters that day. But recovered after we won against Aus and SA. Eng SF loss hurt a lot, esp being wicketless.  But given our form and conditions and selections , it was telling. 

46 minutes ago, zen said:

There is a pattern. You will usually take the wrong stand based on what appears “obvious” or “wishful” thinking! :(( (Unfortunately, your thought process will be influenced by like minded wrong folks, creating a vicious cycle)

Because you know that I know that you are usually wrong, you are trying hard to be right (and I am engaging with you to see you can be but you have disappointed me so far. Don’t throw random stuff hoping something sticks :no: )

PS you were also a supporter of Bhuvi & Ashwin IIRC :facepalm:

It’s just a sport and I don’t mind being wrong, I don’t value my cricketing knowledge superior to others, just want to needle people at times. I was supporting Bhuvi and Ashwin till 2021 and after that somebody (jholadhari expert) convinced me that they will be good in Aus, big boundaries , past stats etc. So wrong in the end. At least for Bhuvi, I feel time and weather didn’t suit his skills (skills, did I say that aloud?) , but Ashwin is done in T20s 

Your hindsight is 20/20. 

Edited by coffee_rules
19 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

For Asian teams beating SENA teams more than once in KO's in the same tournament

SL beat ENG and OZ in 1996

For SENA teams beating Asian teams more than once in KOs in the same tournament,  we have 

Australia in 03

Australia in '15

England in this T20 World Cup

SL beat Eng and NZ in 2011 but lost in the finals. Pakistan in 92 but won

KOs in cricket are usually SFs and Finals and back to back wins is surely about winning the trophy. 

These things maybe cyclical actually. Outside of the GOAT Australian team the 90s-00s would have been pretty even. Only since 2015 have SENA teams gone a step ahead and achieved what the OP is talking about and it's coincided with Asian teams being crap. 

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Why are you dragging me into your discussion for no reason? I don't appreciate it. Fight your own battles.

On topic, your thread does not make sense.

Just kidding ... I have zero interest in fighting battles with fools! I wouldn't waste my time on it. 

On 11/20/2022 at 7:41 AM, Khota said:

This is going to offend everyone, but Europeans are taller, stronger and faster.

Europeans do well in skill based sports that they  invented. Else mostly Africans and Asians usually dominate power and athletic contests from what I have seen.