Among Asian teams, does Pak have the best chance of winning the 2023 ODI WC?

zen

32 minutes ago, the don said:

Full strength Australia look good. Even tho they lost to pak but the way they beat India in India and have played since they look really strong.

Srilanka have won 13 ODI’s in a row.

Lol aus sent their d team to your country no body sent their A team to pak even zim. BTW for ever india series they won in India we have compensate it by defeating them in their home turf…. When was the last time pak won even a single match in aus test/odi.

Just now, raki05 said:

Lol aus sent their d team to your country no body sent their A team to pak even zim. BTW for ever india series they won in India we have compensate it by defeating them in their home turf…. When was the last time pak won even a single match in aus test/odi.

The recent india aus series was the one aus won. Thats the team that will play in the worldcup. The one that chased a target in 20 overs.

I think I used to overrate Shadab in the past, based on his T20I exploits. Pakistan's spin department is a big big weakness, tough to win a WC in SC with such dreadful spin bowling, often they may be required to bowl 20-30 overs because of conditions. 

In 2011 they had peak Ajmal/Afridi/Hafeez, hence they looked so formidable. How will they cope this time around in the middle overs? A team like Australia will bombard us with Zampa, Agar and even Maxwell is so handy.

31 minutes ago, the don said:

The recent india aus series was the one aus won. Thats the team that will play in the worldcup. The one that chased a target in 20 overs.

You said "even though they lost to pak" as if Pak beat a full strength Australia. 

Last time you guys won an ODI series against atleast a close to full strength Australia was in 2002.

35 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think I used to overrate Shadab in the past, based on his T20I exploits. Pakistan's spin department is a big big weakness, tough to win a WC in SC with such dreadful spin bowling, often they may be required to bowl 20-30 overs because of conditions. 

In 2011 they had peak Ajmal/Afridi/Hafeez, hence they looked so formidable. How will they cope this time around in the middle overs? A team like Australia will bombard us with Zampa, Agar and even Maxwell is so handy.

Nawaz is good for wickets that offer spin. 

26 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I think I used to overrate Shadab in the past, based on his T20I exploits

This is exactly what I have been going on about for the past one month. It was just hilarious to see posters here overrate this Pak team based on their T20 form and giving OTT statements like "Nobody is stopping them from the World Cup trophy" like lol seriously? 

You look at that team and it looks nowhere close to a potential World champion side. Same thing happened with India in 2019... everyone ignored the middle order issue and went on and on about the top 3 and the bowling attack. 

5 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Fakhar's form is also an issue for us. He is also incosistent, but gets big runs when in touch. Ideally, we need Saim Ayub as opener. 

I don't rate Imam anyways because he is a very slow and soft player.

Saim scored 58 in CPL T20 today with Six Sixes and a Four. 

Very good and dynamic player of spin and pace bowling. 

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

You said "even though they lost to pak" as if Pak beat a full strength Australia. 

Last time you guys won an ODI series against atleast a close to full strength Australia was in 2002.

It was a decent aussie side. You guys were laughing at that bowler Ellis. He came over to india and troubled every batter lol. May i have spelt his name wrong.