How long will the Mumbai lobby keep pushing for Shreyas Iyer?

G_B_

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Yup lets blame the batsman who was trying to put a respectable score. 

What is the use of respectable score? Nz showed that all four matches are high scoring ones and iyer scored at run a ball. If they were tougher conditions he'd just get out. What is the point of such batsman 

19 minutes ago, Serpico said:

What is the use of respectable score? Nz showed that all four matches are high scoring ones and iyer scored at run a ball. If they were tougher conditions he'd just get out. What is the point of such batsman 

two 300 scores and 1 almost 350. Any half decent bowling unit would have won atleast 1 if not 2.  

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

If you are setting a standard of Kohli(2012-18) or Rohit(2014-19) then it is not likely that Iyer would be able to match that. However, if the standard is Dhawan level then he does seems to be on right way although would need to perform in ICC world tournaments too but for that need to play him there first.

21 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I disagree. Shreyas so far has been more consistent in ODIs compared to Raina with bat. Both are comparable as fielders,  also lets me realistic, if Raina was bowling today his economy would be 10+. 

more consistent, yes, but raina had more impact knocks even if they were 30s and 40s - e.g., cameo vs Pak in 2011 WC. peak raina was better than peak Shreyas as fielder. And Raina's bowling may be more expensive nowadays, but that was not my point - I said he was a much better bowler than shreyas. I do not understand how you think this is a false statement