Almost everything is wrong with Indian T20I team

Majestic

8 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

If batsmen play a lot of shots and get out in the process then lower order needs to step up and get 150 ,if top order fires then 200.

What if batsmen tuk tuk and then get out, leaving no time for middle order?

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

What happened? I thought dropping top3 would solve all problems of our T20 team

It's not about dropping them now.  If they had been dropped 1 - 1.5 yrs ago and other guys been given time and opportunity to develop, instead of always being chopped and changed, sitting in the RRK shadow knowing fully well that they were simply there to keep the seats warm for them, perhaps we would have a viable top3. 

Instead, this seems like the way things went:

RRK resting ---  Ishan open. Ishan 4. SKY open. SKY 3, 4, 5. Pant 5. Pant 6. Pant 4. Pant open. Hooda open. Hooda 3. Hooda 5. Hooda 7. Samson 3. Samson 4. Samson finisher .... 

RRK back in team --- Ishan drop, Pant bench, Hooda bench, Samson dropped. 

RRK stink --- No replacements.  Replacements suck.

Wheels on the bus go round and round.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

They were tried whole of 2021-22 when Rohit and Kohli took a break and Kela was injured. 

Seeing a new pair now. They have to backed. No point chopping and changing in name of trying players

The ones you mentioned will be back soon

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kishan should be there just for his body language. He got hit on his arm. Next ball a violent thrash through mid wicket.  If prithvi shaw is available and ready he and Kishan should open. Both ultra positive. We should be ready for 0/2 and give them a run.

All body language bravado should be backed by solid technique. Otherwise they will look Chapri. 

Have you guys ever thought that our batting is not a problem but bowling is.  

let me tell you this.  Our opening struggle because the opposition bowling is very good.  Quality with high speed.  
Opposition opening are smacking out troundlers and giving us false hope of batting friendly pitch. 

just a thought. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

All body language bravado should be backed by solid technique. Otherwise they will look Chapri. 

Actually he made decent connection even the ball he got out to. THis is a bouncy surface where many new zealanders struggled. It is the Pant that needs to be shown the door. Get Shaw in.

1 minute ago, Nash said:

let me tell you this.  Our opening struggle because the opposition bowling is very good.  Quality with high speed.  
Opposition opening are smacking out troundlers and giving us false hope of batting friendly pitch. 

just a thought. 

Almost all openers struggled in helpful conditions in the world T20. Buttler looked clueless  against swing apart from putting away few boundaries. My problem is openers looking like timid cats even on flat pitches. I can excuse players having issues in bowler friendly conditions.

29 minutes ago, Nash said:

just a thought. 

England ki bowling me SF me aisa kya tha jo 15 over me 100 bane they? Australian batsmen in aukaat dikha di.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kishan should be there just for his body language. He got hit on his arm. Next ball a violent thrash through mid wicket.  If prithvi shaw is available and ready he and Kishan should open. Both ultra positive. We should be ready for 0/2 and give them a run.

No risk cricket is their tag line when high risk cricket is the most popular format

And defensive sides have never won WCs,NZ are prime example (look million dollars only in front of us)

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Almost all openers struggled in helpful conditions in the world T20. Buttler looked clueless  against swing apart from putting away few boundaries. My problem is openers looking like timid cats even on flat pitches. I can excuse players having issues in bowler friendly conditions.

They are not sure about their ability at this age or one can say take too much time to acess the pitch and a very bad mindset of openers need to carry on and on if they set in wasting more and more deliveries ,Rohit is the main culprit here which is an age odl Mumbaiya ninja technique

And Kela doesn't belong in the first place

8 hours ago, Lord said:

you want results in 2 games?

Pant and Iyer have been disappointing in past 1 year in T20s. They have consistently flopped and not shown any improvement.

Neither does Deepak Hooda or Ishan Kishan shows enough assurance that they can do well in this format or make a high impact. 

Only Suryakumar Yadav seems to be something really extraordinary and Pandya is having good days going in his peak years.