India 1st ODI XI vs New Zealand

Majestic

6 minutes ago, Kohlifan said:

Na na, replace umran with Lord that will be the team. Dhawan won't play Sen or Umran for even one match.

Lord and Deepak are same type of bowler. 

Also Lord batting is of no use at no. 9.Lord can play but in place of Sundar if it's seeming track. 

Hooda and kuldeep yadav can still be 2 spinners that way

Why selectors don't pick Tewatiya? He is the quintessential #7 bat who can bowl. Sundar isn't #7. Tewatiya jaisa alrounder dikhta nahi. Likes of Kuldeep, Chahal has no place in LOIs especially overseas where pacers are going to do bulk of the bowling. Both one dimensional and not great even with their primary skill. With two new balls, spin has already become less effective in ODIs.

Shubman Gill

Sanju Samson

SKY

Pant (c) and (wk)

Deepak Hooda 

Sundar/Thakur

Shahbaz/Thakur

Chahar

Umran

Kuldeep

Kuldeep

This will be my XI...won't consider Dhawan, Pant can do the job...

1. Umran will handle middle and death

2. Kuldeep Sen can handle new ball and death

3. Chahar new ball and middle.

4. Thakur can replace either of Sundar or Shahbaz as needed.

We need stleast 2 pacers who can bash the pitch hard for bounce after the first 4 overs or so.

We saw what Siraj did today or what Hardik did in the WC.

Kuldeep Sen and Umran are the obvious candidates to do this in this team. 

Both should play.

Filling the team with pacers, who are good primarily for the first 4 overs, won't do. 

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Why selectors don't pick Tewatiya? He is the quintessential #7 bat who can bowl. Sundar isn't #7. Tewatiya jaisa alrounder dikhta nahi. Likes of Kuldeep, Chahal has no place in LOIs especially overseas where pacers are going to do bulk of the bowling. Both one dimensional and not great even with their primary skill. With two new balls, spin has already become less effective in ODIs.

Tewatia's bowling is rubbish. If he is picked, it should be as a pure batsman. Might make sense in T20. Not yet sure about ODIs. 

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

But TM matter and we don't.

Anyway

1. Gill

2. Dhawan ( as he is the captain )

3.  Samson

4.  SKY

5. Washington 

6. Pant 

7. Chahar

8. Kuldeep Yadav

9. Umran

10. Arshdeep

11. Kuldeep Sen

Assuming we could get rid of Dhawan, who would you have instead? Same batting order or a rejig?

This selection of Dhawan has got me thinking. It really is an Indian cultural thing here where you will never see a young kid and by that I mean a kid around 24 or 25 captaining the country and also being charge of men over the age of 30.

Its like they have picked Dhawan simply because he is a father figure.

I hope no poster is stupid, ignorant or foolish enough to believe Dhawan will do anything this WC. Please no one tell me his WC records either. They are irrelevant. Only his current form matters.

Otherwise I will post Tendulkar's WC record and ask the BCCI to include him in the playing XI. :hysterical:

Why is everyone picking Thakur over Chahar ? Isn't Chahar more suited for swinging conditions in NZ?

Chahar, Arshdeep and Umran should start. Along with Washi and Kuldeep.

Hooda can be the sixth bowler.

Starting XI:

Dhawan

Gill

SKY

Samson

Pant

Hooda 

Washington

Chahar

Kuldeep

Umran

Arshdeep

But pretty sure Iyer will start. So one of Gill or Samson will sit out

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Assuming we could get rid of Dhawan, who would you have instead? Same batting order or a rejig?

This selection of Dhawan has got me thinking. It really is an Indian cultural thing here where you will never see a young kid and by that I mean a kid around 24 or 25 captaining the country and also being charge of men over the age of 30.

Its like they have picked Dhawan simply because he is a father figure.

I hope no poster is stupid, ignorant or foolish enough to believe Dhawan will do anything this WC. Please no one tell me his WC records either. They are irrelevant. Only his current form matters.

Otherwise I will post Tendulkar's WC record and ask the BCCI to include him in the playing XI. :hysterical:

grandpappy figure. need to get SRT into squad too

22 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Why is everyone picking Thakur over Chahar ? Isn't Chahar more suited for swinging conditions in NZ?

Chahar, Arshdeep and Umran should start. Along with Washi and Kuldeep.

Hooda can be the sixth bowler.

Starting XI:

Dhawan

Gill

SKY

Samson

Pant

Hooda 

Washington

Chahar

Kuldeep

Umran

Arshdeep

But pretty sure Iyer will start. So one of Gill or Samson will sit out

Dhawan is the one who should sit out. He has been playing selfishly oflate trying to cement his spot for 2023 world c up.