India 1st ODI XI vs New Zealand

Majestic

Selection has been poor for this squad. These are NZ conditions and they have picked 5 spin options and 5 pace options. Preferably they should have picked one more pace option on expense of the spin option.

I will play 6 batsman + Thakur + Chahar+ Umran+ Arshdeep+ kuldeep Yadav. No need for off spinners in these conditions.

Gill

Dhawan

Shreyas

Pant

Samson

SKY

Thakur

Chahar

Kuldeep Y

Arshdeep

Umran

Kuldeep Sen will have to wait for some more time. 

20 hours ago, Majestic said:

Here is India's squad for New Zealand:-

India’s ODI Squad: Shikhar Dhawan (C), Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Rishabh Pant, Sanju Samson, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Chahar, Umran Malik, Kuldeep Sen.

Pick your XI from this list. 

Most probable team

Dhawan

Gill

Shreyas

Surya

Hooda

Pant

Sundar

Thakur

Chahar

Chahal

Arshdeep

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Assuming we could get rid of Dhawan, who would you have instead? Same batting order or a rejig?

The squad is so limited that I don't know who can replace him effectively. Pant could be an option but that leaves the lower middle order bereft of quality.

Maybe Samson opening and Shreyas at 3.

This selection of Dhawan has got me thinking. It really is an Indian cultural thing here where you will never see a young kid and by that I mean a kid around 24 or 25 captaining the country and also being charge of men over the age of 30.

Its like they have picked Dhawan simply because he is a father figure.

Captain Kapil won WC 1983 at age 24. 

Captain Dhoni won WC 2007 at age 26. 

Nowadays, it's only about promoting seniors and keeping the IPL stars visible in international cricket, by whatever means.

I hope no poster is stupid, ignorant or foolish enough to believe Dhawan will do anything this WC. Please no one tell me his WC records either. They are irrelevant. Only his current form matters.

Otherwise I will post Tendulkar's WC record and ask the BCCI to include him in the playing XI. :hysterical:

They are not bothered about performances in LOIs.  Focus is on the IPL and Test matches. 

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Captain Kapil won WC 1983 at age 24. 

Captain Dhoni won WC 2007 at age 26. 

Nowadays, it's only about promoting seniors and keeping the IPL stars visible in international cricket, by whatever means.

Thats really damning information. Didnt Kapil also win World Championships in Australia in 85?

You want to know who I think started all of these old players wanting to continue? Tendulkar.

Tendulkar IMO played a few years too many, mind you played winning knocks in the 2011 WC against decent sides.

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/ravi-shastri-channel-nine-interview-indian-players-sitting-on-the-car-driving-around/2016-01-20

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Selection has been poor for this squad. These are NZ conditions and they have picked 5 spin options and 5 pace options. Preferably they should have picked one more pace option on expense of the spin option.

I will play 6 batsman + Thakur + Chahar+ Umran+ Arshdeep+ kuldeep Yadav. No need for off spinners in these conditions.

Gill

Dhawan

Shreyas

Pant

Samson

SKY

Thakur

Chahar

Kuldeep Y

Arshdeep

Umran

Kuldeep Sen will have to wait for some more time. 

Now it's very clear he has to wait, he's still in India when the ODI's start in 2 days.
Not sure which moron is taking care of travel and accomodations from BCCI. Fastest flight also takes 17 hours between + throw in additional checkin hours, he might not be in NZ even when the first ODI is being played.

Edited by singhvivek141

There could be one potential debut of Umran....  Due to Auckland which is extremely smal ground for a spinner to play. 

Otherwise VVS and Dhawan won't have played Umran in all 3 games. 

Kuldeep Sen probably already knows it &,  is playing VHT. 

I am sure after the hue &,  cry over Samson & Umran even in PC, both will get their chance in Auckland 

Although VVS the visionary can't be trusted. 

33 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

There could be one potential debut of Umran....  Due to Auckland which is extremely smal ground for a spinner to play. 

I am sure after the hue &,  cry over Samson & Umran even in PC, both will get their chance in Auckland 

They will.not play them to prove their point" Ye meri team hai"

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I thought he was in the squad. BCCI ways!

I am smelling something. Had he travelled to NZ , he would have played in the eleven. Now by including him BD series , is really stands a chance to make it to X1 

with Shami, Siraj around ? I do not think so . Will only be in bench.

Remember, when Shaw & Surya were playing in SL series , they were asked to join India team in UK even before end of SL series . What was it meant to be ?  Strange are the ways in Indian cricket !

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

How do you see Samson getting a chance? The only way is if India plays 5 bowlers only and keep Iyer as backup option in case of any injury during the game.

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

I am smelling something. Had he travelled to NZ , he would have played in the eleven. Now by including him BD series , is really stands a chance to make it to X1 

with Shami, Siraj around ? I do not think so . Will only be in bench.

So we all feel that a lot of effort is being put in to keep Sen and Umran away.ftom.Team India.

Question is .... why  ?