Ye meri team hei...: Hardik Pandya slams critics of Umran Malik, Sanju Samson non-selection vs New Zealand

Stuge

39 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Thing is ... it is not about Umran or Samson per se.  It is about being able to use these bilaterals strategically to usher in new players.  Golden opportunities these are.  We know what Bhuvi, Chahal and Iyer can do in T20s. 

Theek hai ... mauka lamba milega ... par kitna lamba?  Bhuvi or Yuzi ko jo mila utna lamba?  Yaa ... Bishnoi ko jo mila, utna? 

Saar, neevu kooda Hindiyalli rubbta idira?

6 minutes ago, ipl is fun said:

Did he say what was the logic behind Harshal for Washy..  Isn't that chop and change to "HIS" team.

If this is what we see from Hardik as captain in the first few games, imagine when he really has a winning record.

Deepak Hooda was Pandya's Gujarat's captain and Pandya played under him.  Now Hooda under him.  He will make sure Hooda is part of every XI. He also sent Hooda to open in Ireland.

27 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It looks like instructions from Drawvid and Rohit still wielding power over this team. Pandya ka veham hain ki woh sochta hain ki uski team hain. 

Bhuvi, Harshal Patel chosen over Umran

Ishan, Iyer over Samson

Chahal over Kuldeep Yadav 

All Rohit's picks.

They are now part of Pandya's team and he vehemently says it is his team and it is his like.

Now, you seem to be defending Pandya saying those are Rohit's picks when Pandya so blatantly says, "Ye meri team hai".

10 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

They are now part of Pandya's team and he vehemently says it is his team and it is his like.

Now, you seem to be defending Pandya saying those are Rohit's picks when Pandya so blatantly says, "Ye meri team hai".

I am not his fan, but if Rohit is called dumb for those picks, what should we call Pandya? Dumber! We know what they did in Aus. Hw can't even use hindsight. Goes to show how much of power has has, as a captain. This is like Ganguly asking Dravid to declare the innings when Sachin was 194*. 

Sir Don casually spoke the truth - it is captain & coach's responsibility to pick the 11s. They cannot be made to do why not this or that after every game in every series esp. in a short one (Understandable if questioned for a big event like a World Cup). 

I like to see Umran play but at Napier, I was hoping that he does as on a small ground even top edges could go for a 6 (so even if he beats the batsman, he may not have much to show for that). I do not want a youngster to be put under pressure when he is trying to create a place in the side and could be nervous in the first game ... Good to see Bhuvi get smashed. I think the captain & coach probably gave him enough rope to hang himself. With the new selection committee scheduled to pick future squads, Bhuvi is unlikely to feature in T20s anymore (unless filling in for injuries and tired players). This is probably more like a farewell series for him. 

36 minutes ago, ipl is fun said:

Did he say what was the logic behind Harshal for Washy..  Isn't that chop and change to "HIS" team.

I think it was more of a conditions dependent call. On a small ground, spinners could go for plenty (esp. with rain where it is difficult to control the ball) so it makes sense to drop a spinner.  Hashal can, on paper, bat too. 

26 minutes ago, zen said:

Sir Don casually spoke the truth - it is captain & coach's responsibility to pick the 11s. They cannot be made to do why not this or that after every game in every series esp. in a short one (Understandable if questioned for a big event like a World Cup). 

I like to see Umran play but at Napier, I was hoping that he does as on a small ground even top edges could go for a 6 (so even if he beats the batsman, he may not have much to show for that). I do not want a youngster to be put under pressure when he is trying to create a place in the side and could be nervous in the first game ... Good to see Bhuvi get smashed. I think the captain & coach probably gave him enough rope to hang himself. With the new selection committee scheduled to pick future squads, Bhuvi is unlikely to feature in T20s anymore (unless filling in for injuries and tired players). This is probably more like a farewell series for him. 

So much sugar coating from a fan, who is preaching others he won’t do hero- worshiping and cheerleading like other mere mortals here. 

Even if he is questioned about his picks, he needn’t take it all personal, just give a random explanation like you just did about justifying not picking umran. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

So much sugar coating from a fan, who is preaching others he won’t do hero- worshiping and cheerleading like other mere mortals here. 

Even if he is questioned about his picks, he needn’t take it all personal, just give a random explanation like you just did about justifying not picking umran. 

I am not a fan of Indian critics/press/toxic fans in general. The masses can usually do more harm to India than any outside enemy … Genuine cricket fans should not make mountains out of molehills (and also try to listen to the PC).

When captains talk about their strategy in public, they also make it easier for the opponents to understand Ind's thinking process and anticipate the team ... Sir Don is someone who likes to surprise (not reveal his cards) so will avoid talking about such things in public where possible.

Edited by zen