Ye meri team hei...: Hardik Pandya slams critics of Umran Malik, Sanju Samson non-selection vs New Zealand

Stuge

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

He does not understand the fine line between confidence and arrogance.

Aur yeh Tera team nahi hai ... Indian team hai jiska tum Captain ho for this series. 

Do you know why I believe you?

Ever since that "scandal" in India, when he was bragging about having sex with multiple women in a room, when he was with KL in an interview, IIRC.  Confident males dont do this, arrogant ones do.

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

From 2:30 onwards , 

Is he dumbest captain or what ? What mauka is he taking about ? Bhuvi kumar is past mauka. Is he saying bhuvi will play 2024 WC ? Why is he even playing ?  Play Sanju Samson as well biggest mistake was not selecting him consistently before as well. 

Edited by gattaca
21 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pandya as a captain played safe,

But he did exactly what has been a norm for Indian cricket from Kohli days

ie play safe,choose safer options(although Boobie and Harshal are dangerous optios for their own side)

Still,very very fresh as a leader,lets see how he goes far in this 3 match odi series

ODI se break le raha hain, Dhawan is the kaptaan! Lekin baatein to badiya karta hain. For a guy who an year ago was dropped after SA series in SA, “my door is always open”, “anybody can come and talk to me”! champi pelle establish to ho! TM in overseas includes VC, that is Pant! Meri team hain! Nahin hain soor-maar! 

Edited by coffee_rules

He didn't said anything wrong. His point is that everyone will get chance... there is a lot of time..

Samay ki bariki ko samjhe aur kripya shor na machaye.. he is right..he is the best white ball player in Indian team after Rohit, Kohli and Bumrah. He is ahead of Pant, KL, Boobi, Chahal and other mediocrities. Surya is ahead of him in T20s but in ODIs, he is behind Iyer also.

37 minutes ago, raki05 said:

This guy is motor mouth. He speaks more than he deserves, if he will put in extreme pressure situation like wt20 sf loss post media presentation he might stoop down to Gali-Galouj.

Regarding DLS par score, he said he has been playing for a “long” time, to know what a par score is. Takes comments personally and responds childishly. He said he was looking at par score and scoreboard and was matching after 63 runs. Abbey , DLS par score se ek run upar match kar lete to jeet jaate, buddhimaan! They were matching DLS par score and the match tied in the end :giggle:

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Lekin baatein to badiya karta hain. For a guy who an year ago was dropped after SA series in SA, “my door is always open”, “anybody can come and talk to me”! champi pelle establish to ho! TM in overseas includes VC, that is Pant! Meri team hain! Nahin hain soor-maar! 

He said right thing there. Media was continously asking about Sanju for no reason and asking how would he feel. So, he said that he understands that as he can go into his shoes and think of that. Also, if any player is feeling that it is unfair of what is happening, his door is always open and people can talk if him.

Sahi to bola usne..ab aur kya chahiye! 

5 minutes ago, Majestic said:

He said right thing there. Media was continously asking about Sanju for no reason and asking how would he feel. So, he said that he understands that as he can go into his shoes and think of that. Also, if any player is feeling that it is unfair of what is happening, his door is always open and people can talk if him.

It was a 11 min PC and Samson came up twice! It was not like badgering. He answered the long term captaincy prospects well. Naya khiladi hain, dheere dheere seekh jayega, but like the KJo interview, he gets carried away, easily. 

9 hours ago, zen said:

“There is ample of time. Everyone will get their chances and when they do, it will be a long run. This was a small series, if we had more matches then we could have tried out more players.”

Would have liked to see Umran play but once he gets his chances, he will get a decent run! 

There may be lot of time, but what is there to learn about bhuvi or arshdeep? Bhuvi is a seasoned campaigner who is probably at the end of his career, even if you have plans for him in 2024 there isn't much to learn about him.

7 hours ago, zen said:

Sir Don casually spoke the truth - it is captain & coach's responsibility to pick the 11s. They cannot be made to do why not this or that after every game in every series esp. in a short one (Understandable if questioned for a big event like a World Cup). 

I like to see Umran play but at Napier, I was hoping that he does as on a small ground even top edges could go for a 6 (so even if he beats the batsman, he may not have much to show for that). I do not want a youngster to be put under pressure when he is trying to create a place in the side and could be nervous in the first game ... Good to see Bhuvi get smashed. I think the captain & coach probably gave him enough rope to hang himself. With the new selection committee scheduled to pick future squads, Bhuvi is unlikely to feature in T20s anymore (unless filling in for injuries and tired players). This is probably more like a farewell series for him. 

he will be there in 2023, 2024, and 2026 WCs

31 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

There may be lot of time, but what is there to learn about bhuvi or arshdeep? Bhuvi is a seasoned campaigner who is probably at the end of his career, even if you have plans for him in 2024 there isn't much to learn about him.

They know about players. Chances are more to develop and provide experience to new players.

The selections were probably done looking at the conditions (rain and stuff) and the match readiness.

I have already talked about Umran on this thread (and my preference). 

Umran will get his chances. ODIs are coming up and Laxman is the coach for it too. 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

What about justifying Bhuvi and Harshal selection over Umran. He said seniority matters what bs he is smoking trundleshwar koomar has been proven failure in Asia Cup and wt20 still he choose him and purple Patel over Umran or others. I am ok with Samson waiting but how come you or him justify bhu-chal and purple selection of TTF.

Indian captain before t20 world cup:

Reporter: why xyz not playing while a certain senior keeps on?

Captain: There is little time. So not many will get a chance.

Indian captain after t20 world cup:

Reporter: why xyz not playing while a certain senior keeps on?

Captain: There is so much time and I don't believe in making too many changes.

This is what happens when you make an illiterate rogue like him the captain of Indian team. Team India need a cool-headed classy captain like MSD right now. Someone like Samson will be an ideal candidate to lead this LOI team by example. He is tactically astute and doesn't talk rubbish like the kiddos Rohit and Panddayya.