Suhaan

Ranji Trophy 22/23

Jaded as I am with the seniority culture, I will keep looking for the arrival of new prospects.

Top order:

Would be looking to see Jaiswal, Shaw, Dhull, Gaikwad and perhaps even Rohan Kunnummal to start knocking the door down.  While the Easwarans of the world are excellent players, I would like to see a Sehwag-like dominant force emerge in the top order.  At #3, would love to see Gill dominate.  Seems like he has stagnated a bit - would like to see him wrest a spot with some daddy knocks.

Middle order:

So many names, so hard to keep up.  Will Sarfaraz fade away after being ignored while showing great form recently? Maybe Patidar is it.  Maybe Tilak Verma can be the new M.O star.  But, my two favorites are Washington Sundar (dude is part of some awesome moments in Indian cricketing history) and Rinku Singh.  RS has not been shining very recently, but has an excellent avg and SR in FC.  Yeah, in FC, SR is not very important, but to me, it indicates the ability to annihilate domestic attacks.  Someone with a SR of 50 in Ranji is unlikely to succeed at the international stage as a M.O. batsman.  I just hope he gets to bat higher for UP and make some noise - there's something about him that screams "team man".

Fast bowling:

Will Prasidh, Tyagi, Mohsin re-emerge from injuries?  Can Umran Malik, Kuldeep Sen and Hangargekar take the next step?  Other than that, I am unaware of any new talent.  So, mainly, I wonder how can we keep dibbly-dobblies from getting too many wickets? 

Spin:

Will someone with a bit of wrist talent just stand out and take over?  Rahul Chahar?  Bishnoi? 

IPL:

Dear selectors, please let IPL not dictate test selections.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
On 12/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, Suhaan said:

Bhai mujhe ek. Sirf ek. Achha classical off spinner dila do.. bas. Cant stand Jayant Yadav bowling like poor mans chris harris anymore. Nor K Gaytham..We have all bases in every department  covered other than pure off spinner ( which Sundar unfortunately is not). 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Bhai mujhe ek. Sirf ek. Achha classical off spinner dila do.. bas. Cant stand Jayant Yadav bowling like poor mans chris harris anymore. Nor K Gaytham..We have all bases in every department  covered other than pure off spinner ( which Sundar unfortunately is not). 

Kaushal tambe hopefully he gets game time for Maharastra, was part of the u19 winning team earlier this year, can bat as well, kotian another one from Mumbai.

23 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Another gem from our commentators "medium pacers bring value as they are accurate and build pressure by keeping the RR down".
That Palkar bowler is another medium pacer, and he's leaking runs heavily at a rapid pace.

Feel like slapping the **** out of these commentators. He must have been a trundler himself in his playing days so these kind of gems keep coming out of their mouths.

30 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Hangargekar gets Dhull with a peach. Hit the pitch hard just outside the offstump with a bit of away movement and bounce getting the edge. Feel like this guy can easily get quicker if he works on his runup @express bowling @Suhaan @rkt.india

Yes..his run-up is weird. He barely gathers momentum and then the jump just feels a bit awkward.

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Hangargekar gets Dhull with a peach. Hit the pitch hard just outside the offstump with a bit of away movement and bounce getting the edge. Feel like this guy can easily get quicker if he works on his runup @express bowling @Suhaan @rkt.india

Yes his strides are too short,glaring problem

Surely can hit more if he rectifies it