Suhaan

Ranji Trophy 22/23

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Feel like slapping the **** out of these commentators. He must have been a trundler himself in his playing days so these kind of gems keep coming out of their mouths.

Need to hire videshi Commentators to hype pace,can be done

Or there must be some agency who churn out good commentators who can build the hype and excitement around pace and high SR of batsmen and pacers

Some private agency outsourcing high quality cricket commentators

These dehati ex cricketers are just inept and out of touch

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Rinku Singh and Akashdeep are having good battle....Akashdeep is bowling quick (late 130's).

One is Akshdeep; other is Akashdeep.  Total confusion :-)

Good to see Rinku Singh (at #5) get off to a good start in this Ranji.  From the scorecard, it seems like batting is tough.  So making an 80 at decent clip to rescue UP is a great effort.  Enough to get attention of selectors?  Probably not.  He needs some big ones. 

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Prabhsimran first double century of the season 202 (278)

Abhishek Sharma also gets a century.

Recall Taruwar Kohli playing from Punjab ,  moved to smaller team in Mizoram a few years back with the introduction of the new teams.  Should've tried getting into Chandigarh.

No Gurnoor in the playing xi.  They keep playing Baltej (medium pacer who had decent season, 32 years), Kaul will likely be in the team.  Some of the other pacers didn't get a look in.  Need to infuse new blood in pace bowling.  Sandeep Sharma has moved to Chandigarh so should open up a slot.

8 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

I watched a few early overs of akashdeep ,his pace looked down to me,which overs did you watch?

I saw the over when Rinku was in his 40's...he hit a cover drive for 4 to Akashdeep on his first ball, then Akashdeep switched sides and went over the wicket and bowled few quick deliveries one of which almost took the edge from Rinku. He was getting good bounce and pace in that over.

7 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

What's the word on Mayank Yadav, Delhi's debutant quick? Another trundler?

Didn't knew he's debuting, he is getting good bounce, pace wise tough to say as bowlers who get natural bounce look quick. Maybe as quick as Simarjeet.
Kid looks talented though.

Edited by singhvivek141

One thing I am hopeful is that both Mavi and Nagarkoti have played regularly this year without getting injured.
Their career was impacted by injuries just after the 2018 U-19 WC but good thing is now their body has matured and they're able to sustain the load.

I hope in a year, likes of Kartik Tyagi comeout of this injury scare and become a regular in their sides.

Edited by singhvivek141