Projects lost to Gujarat

gattaca

I don’t know why Guj has to prove anything to anyone … If ppl think it is bad, regionalist, or whatever, it is their perception problem!  … These ppl are regionalists for trying to undermine Guj’s (and even Ind’s) interest for their “regions”. 

I think Guj could have got (and should get) even more “projects” on its merit!

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

so questioning a threat is bad but the threat itself is ok?

The only threat i felt was from you. We can disagree but need to be civil. It goes for all of us including me.

19 minutes ago, Khota said:

The only threat i felt was from you. We can disagree but need to be civil. It goes for all of us including me.

Clearly you are biased against me as i disagree with you politically but as long as I have not been flagged by the mods for abusing and threatening ( which clearly anyone can see I wasnt)- i don't really care two hoots what you think.

21 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Clearly you are biased against me as i disagree with you politically but as long as I have not been flagged by the mods for abusing and threatening ( which clearly anyone can see I wasnt)- i don't really care two hoots what you think.

Why would I be biased against you? Just because I disagree with you. I was a teenager sometime back.

13 hours ago, RedFever said:

We have one gujju on this forum who is single handedly destroying the credibility of the gujrati community, with his regional bias towards only Gujrati players.

I propose a Kambal Kutai/Chaddar Kutai of that Gujju( where friends used to put a bed sheet on a person and then everyone beats that bed sheet covered person) I think thats what must be done to this Gujju by icfers so that ChePu & Pandya is removed out of his system

8 hours ago, Tibarn said:

An actual source regarding PSU funding by states of India:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/finance/5-states-claim-half-of-psus-investment-maharashtra-tops-the-list/articleshow/41930131.cms?from=mdr

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/pm-modi-didnt-create-single-psu-privatised-23-congress-in-rs/articleshow/89321217.cms

image.thumb.png.6fd406c3434743d123f870ac1b1b5222.png

Maybe people should look at the states which actually have massive Central government investments... :woot:

As HDI(:rofl:) has declared that Gujarat is much less developed than J&K, Punjab, TN, and Kerala, the least people from these states which are much more developed could do is spare some of those public sector funds with poor, underdeveloped Gujarat and Hindi-belt states. :sad_smile:

Welcome back

5 hours ago, mishra said:

I propose a Kambal Kutai/Chaddar Kutai of that Gujju( where friends used to put a bed sheet on a person and then everyone beats that bed sheet covered person) I think thats what must be done to this Gujju by icfers so that ChePu & Pandya is removed out of his system

I guess being from Gujarat makes them non-Indian team players according to some, when one happens to the hero of Ind’s test series wins in Aus and other the T20 captain!!

https://thecommunemag.com/dmk-min-dravidian-stockist-journo-peddle-half-truths-about-centres-khelo-india-scheme/

image.png.0999c705006be9f08b10797595113330.png

Also read below in the article where Annamalai is criticizing Stalin King Julian for not asking for funds to renovate sports complexes in TN.  

It should be noted that BJP Tamil Nadu President K. Annamalai has previously criticized the DMK government in August 2022, for failing to use the Khelo India scheme to upgrade sports infrastructure in the state and for failing to secure adequate funding from the central government by not proposing sports-related schemes.

In a press release dated August 9, 2022, the Tamil Nadu BJP President said,”Under the Khelo India scheme, the central government provides funds to the state government based on the projects proposed by the state government. Other states, besides Tamil Nadu, are making good use of this scheme and improving the state’s sports infrastructure with financial assistance from the central government. However, the DMK government led by M.K.Stalin has failed to properly implement this program.”

Maybe look at the state governments for not asking for central funds/proposing projects... sports are a state power in India's constitution after all, IIRC.

For example, Gujarat has increased its sports budget to 560 crore in the current year. https://cmogujarat.gov.in/en/news-clips/the-government-has-released-a-budget-of-rs-560-crore-for-sports-activities-in-the-state/

-------------------------------

https://yas.nic.in/sites/default/files/gazettekheloindia.pdf

image.png.3d9d203750a710e2b1fc5039ee5580bd.png

584 crore of the 608 crore Gujarat applied for was just in 1 project across 3 years, the Naranpura sports complex. The other 24 crores apply to the other 4 projects.  

That's basically 200 crore a year for 3 years. 

The Naranpura sports complex project is part of India's bid to host the 2036: 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/olympic-effect-on-sports-complex/articleshow/83455317.cms

“With Sardar Patel Sports Complex and Naranpura Sports Complex and three more upcoming sports complexes, Ahmedabad has started preparing for the Olympics. I am confident that the next gold medallists of India will train and emerge from here,” said Shah.

If one doesn't like the idea of India hosting the Olympics, I agree, it's a waste of money, but the PM has already decided to bid for it. 

Now let's see some evidence of proposed projects by non-BJP ruled states which the Central government has actually rejected as part of the Khelo India Scheme. I'll wait. :laugh:

Edited by Tibarn

41 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Now let's see some evidence of proposed projects by non-BJP ruled states which the Central government has actually rejected as part of the Khelo India Scheme. I'll wait. :laugh:

Buddy, good to see you devote some time to it but some of these guys are looking for an external factor to blame for their “inadequacies”. 

They specialize in posts such as “Modi this or that” with some irrelevant or not understood information or assumptions (such as every state is doing same type of projects).

They don’t (or pretend to not) understand the facts. The math works like below:

Modi = Gujarati = Gujarati PM

Gujarati posters = Gujarati “Team India” players (when they themselves support Dhawan or Ashwin per their respective region) and as if these are not Indian players

Now if a Gujju likes an actor and if he/she happens to be from Gujarat, it would be “portrayed” as “regionalism” (while they continue to build temples for local actors). 

In short, sophistry! 

Edited by zen

22 minutes ago, zen said:

Buddy, good to see you devote some time to it but some of these guys are looking for an external factor to blame for their “inadequacies”. 

They specialize in posts such as “Modi this or that” with some irrelevant or not understood information or assumptions (such as every state is doing same type of projects).

They don’t (or pretend to not) understand the facts. The math works like below:

Modi = Gujarati = Gujarati PM

Yeah, you're right, I'm wasting my time. I'll stop. 

3 hours ago, zen said:

A better discussion would be what xyz state has to do to get more projects (it depends upon investors too). 

Above video link exactly says what Yogi is doing and how ambitious is his target. Even if he achieves 50% of his target in his second tenure, that would be best performance by a CM 

Edited by mishra

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

Above video of mine exactly says what Yogi is doing and how ambitious is his target. Even if he achieves 50% of his target in his second tenure, that would be best performance by a CM 

All the best to him as states like UP have potential for growth. 

Note that UP has a higher population than Pak. 

Edited by zen

Since 2015, due to the Centre's focus on Ease of Doing Business(EODB) economic reforms, the RBI has been tracking compliance with EODB reforms by the Indian states, publishing a report card of the states.  This compliance with BRAP recommended reforms is a good way to keep track of progress of the various states. 

Here is a link. The lost 1yr+ due to COVID has slowed down tracking/reporting over the previous few years, but it should get up to speed soon. 

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/PublicationsView.aspx?id=20117

image.thumb.png.8d99dcdbf5c1157e98b180c16d6e7be9.png

Who would have thought that voting for free electricity isn't an economic reform. :confused: