Projects lost to Gujarat

gattaca

23 minutes ago, Pollack said:

2) It is inter-state migration index not intra-state. IMPEX measure how well migrants are integrated based on policies framed for residents and migrants.

3)Bullshit with due respect. I like how forcefully you dragged caste into this when it makes no sense and concluded so its no brainer . In arnab's voice Kuch bhi!. 

4), 5) and 6) You are again selling generalizations and your opinions as facts. I was not arguing that rich people don't add anything but your argument was like only rich gujaratis are capable of business. You are just infatuated by "Gujaratis". Nothing wrong in it but it's clouding your logical sense. Agreed business is in blood of people from Gujarat. But there are various factors which are critical to successful investment. Investors have to determine whether the place where they are investing is suitable for their field, location factor, connectivity, logistics, political stability etc and much to your disappointment ethnicity is never a factor. 

Bhai, Look at it again. It talks about scores based on "how good" the state policy is, what is "domicile requirement" blah blah blah but then it says Kerala is number 1 followed by Goa Rajasthan AP MP Sikkiim and so on

So I googled a bit to find what would be like looking at real data. Have a look urself

https://prsindia.org/theprsblog/migration-in-india-and-the-impact-of-the-lockdown-on-migrants

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

That's the power of the internet, a loser from some far off land can present a picture that has nothing to do with reality. 

Dunderhead, the power of internet is when cowards like you imagine themselves to be not from a far off land and whose “reality” is … … … :winky:

Edited by zen

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

Bhai, Look at it again. It talks about scores based on "how good" the state policy is, what is "domicile requirement" blah blah blah but then it says Kerala is number 1 followed by Goa Rajasthan AP MP Sikkiim and so on

So I googled a bit to find what would be like looking at real data. Have a look urself

https://prsindia.org/theprsblog/migration-in-india-and-the-impact-of-the-lockdown-on-migrants

I have edited the post which you quoted. Hope it clears the confusion.

22 minutes ago, zen said:

I want Gujarat (or any state) to have that option as well. 

When a motion came to UN, a Indian Gujju advised India Govmnt to raise a exception on this particular Clause of UN Human Charter so that impacts of whatever you are smoking doesnt gets felt by rest of Indians.

37 minutes ago, mishra said:

When a motion came to UN, a Indian Gujju advised India Govmnt to raise a exception on this particular Clause of UN Human Charter so that impacts of whatever you are smoking doesnt gets felt by rest of Indians.

The world is moving to a different space, therefore, any state should have that option. Whether it wants to exercise it is a different matter. 

In the recent past, new states have sprung up in India for a variety of reasons, therefore, many states eventually moving to other stages is not unfeasible. 

As there is a saying - “Nothing is permanent”!

PS 

Btw, this thread itself is an example of some folks preferring their region as a project in Gujarat is a project in India but here they have issues because it is in Gujarat :winky:

I would not rate India as a highly patriotic nation in general. People can be bought off here to work against it. Folks writing for patriotism could change their tune at the slight movement of a bag full of coins!

Edited by zen

18 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I have edited the post which you quoted. Hope it clears the confusion.

On kerala immigration, you have the actual data on that  page. So why argue on it.

Trust me, I am very clear on point 3. Caste and Religion are two Faultlines which has been exploited left right and Centre by Indian Politicians. Next is Region language and Culture. Capital/Comminism has been also used for exploitation purpose. And why shouldn't it be?  Politicians are in business to rule. In Case of Gujrat , Politicians have failed to exploit, the faulline based on Caste, Region,Language and Culture. It was tried, Keshubhai Patel, Shankar Singh Vaghela and so on, they did try.

And hence you see only rule of National parties and not a Patel or Desai ruling in Gujrat (First  Congress and then BJP). Same cant be said about ANY other state. Absolutely NONE other state. Hence I say, Gujrat is most politically stable state and best placed for FDIs

Edited by mishra

16 minutes ago, zen said:

The world is moving to a different space, therefore, any state should have that option. Whether it wants to exercise it is a different matter. 

In the recent past, new states have sprung up in India for a variety of reasons, therefore, many states eventually moving to other stages is not unfeasible. 

As there is a saying - “Nothing is permanent”!

Contracts dont end. Long back it was signed:yess:

Funnily Pakistani didnt read the document and signed it which means  they are happy for plebiscite of Baloshs and Pushto. Now you realise why Pakistani Generals do regular genocide to avoid plebiscite. And a plebiscite promise may lead to Genocide :bow:

Edited by mishra

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

Contracts dont end. Long back it was signed:yess:

Funnily Pakistani didnt read the document and signed it which means  they are happy for plebiscite of Baloshs and Pushto. Now you realise why Pakistani Generals do regular genocide to avoid plebiscite. And a plebiscite promise may lead to Genocide :bow:

$$$ and self interest can change anything … As I added to my last post: 

Btw, this thread itself is an example of some folks preferring their region as a project in Gujarat is a project in India but here they have issues because it is in Gujarat :winky:

I would not rate India as a highly patriotic nation in general. People can be bought off here to work against it. Folks writing for patriotism could change their tune at the slight movement of a bag full of coins!

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

That's the power of the internet, a loser from some far off land can present a picture that has nothing to do with reality. 

If it is a Gujju he is a loser, but if a misguided Sikh happens to say that then the world is coming to an end. 

Can we call that hypocrisy?

1 minute ago, Khota said:

If it is a Gujju he is a loser, but if a misguided Sikh happens to say that then the world is coming to an end. 

Can we call that hypocrisy?

Why would one even term a Sikh as misguided? All states, which constitute of people with their own culture and interest, should have the right to explore opportunities that help them the most. 

We cannot remain slaves to old ideas. 

I am with Sikhs here whether they want to be a part of India or have their own country. 

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

The difference between them and you is they considered themselves Indians first. You consider them Guijjus.

Indian, which is more like an umbrella, first concepts are propagated so that people do not think about their own regions or even religions.  In a way like USSR using "comrade" where even individuals were seen as owned by the state.  It was for the masses. Today, it is a different story. 

People will even identify with their religion (Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, etc,) first!

Edited by zen

10 minutes ago, zen said:

Why would one even term a Sikh as misguided? All states, which constitute of people with their own culture and interest, should have the right to explore opportunities that help them the most. 

We cannot remain slaves to old ideas. 

I am with Sikhs here whether they want to be a part of India or have their own country. 

That is your idea and I disagree.

When it comes to movies, I respect you though.

4 minutes ago, zen said:

There is no Asian or Indian or Gujju first ... Indian first concepts are propagated so that people do not think about their own regions. In a way like USSR using "comrade" where even individuals were seen as owned by the state.  It was for the masses. Today, it is a different story. 

I don't think Gandhi or Patel were fighting for Gujjus only.

Just now, Khota said:

That is your idea and I disagree.

When it comes to movies, I respect you though.

To get an agreement, and fool our own selves and others, one has to write such things: 

India is a superpower 

India's military can smash China 

All Indians are equal (when you have people being hurt with Gujarat getting projects) 

Sachin is the greatest 

United we stand, divided we fall

and so on