Projects lost to Gujarat

gattaca

The row in Maharashtra over spiriting away employment-generating projects to Gujarat and elsewhere is getting louder by the day. One can’t help feeling the BJP high command has scored a self-goal. There will be short-term benefits vis-à-vis the coming Gujarat elections, but Maratha ‘national’ pride seems to quite bruised over the brouhaha. It might prove costly in the long run for the BJP. 

https://www.newindianexpress.com/opinions/2022/nov/06/maharashtraloses-projects-and-its-pride-to-gujarat-2515411.html

Prime minister of Gujrat in action...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvRl_TT7BTbOpBs6uo9g5

-- The mining giant Vedanta and Taiwan’s world No.1 chip manufacturing company, Foxconn sealed an agreement mid-September to set up a semi-conductor plant  in Gujarat.  The earlier coalition Shiv Sena government had been pursuing talks with the alliance to set up base in Maharashtra’s Talegaon area, close to Pune, but a last-minute nudge from the Centre, pushed the Rs 1.54 lakh project out of Maharashtra. 

-- Weeks later, on  October 30, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the Rs 22,000 crore Tata Airbus C-295 aircraft manufacturing facility in Vadodara, Gujarat. This was after the Tata Airbus team had almost finalised a deal with the previous Maharashtra government for the project to come up in an industrial belt, near Nagpur. 

On 12/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, gattaca said:

sports budget by state: 

look who tops the list. 

b9hhmciyeu5a1.jpg

states that won Olympic medals Haryana, WB, manipur, Rajasthan, mp, Maharashtra, AP, Telangana, Uttrakhand. Gujarat has zero Olympic medals but got most budget. I ask the question again does bjp represent india or just gujarat ? Gujarat got more than twice the amount southern states got.

So we can expect most of the medals in the next few Olympics from gujratis then :laugh:.. they have more funding than all south states and Har, Maha combined..

https://thefederal.com/news/non-bjp-ruled-states-get-meagre-share-in-khelo-india-tn-on-the-backfoot/

It should be noted that Haryana is the state which sent the highest number of contestants to CWG 2022, with 39 athletes, followed by Punjab with 26, Tamil Nadu 17, Delhi and Maharashtra with 14 athletes each.

However, the states with high allocations sent very few athletes to Birmingham. Gujarat sent a contingent of just five athletes, Uttar Pradesh, 12, Karnataka, 11, and Arunachal Pradesh sent none. Population-wise and resource-wise, smaller states like Assam and Manipur have sent a contingent of seven athletes each.

Edited by Vilander

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

Lol this gave me quite a chuckle. IMO Gujratis in general even in this thread seem to be the most regional minded people. 

Not only that some of them look down upon other desis.

Once again, some gujjus here are not the general representation of Gujjus. All my life I have dealt with Gujratis and never had any negative experience. Just simple and great people to work with, Some Gujjus on ICF are a different story.

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

That's just the quality of the forum these days. A rat that belongs to the sewer gets to define the narrative of my state. Find me one such comment from a Gujarati leader of importance like the one your Raja put out earlier this year or the Pani Puri jibes that are trendy these days or even the other Thackeray type ideology. I'm not even going to the tens of thousands, maybe lakhs of Kashmiris or Punjabis or Northeasterners that either supported militant secessionist movements or sympathized with them. 

But if some stupid punjabi does something stupid you have the right to define the whole community.

Pot meet Kettle.

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

That's just the quality of the forum these days. A rat that belongs to the sewer gets to define the narrative of my state. Find me one such comment from a Gujarati leader of importance like the one your Raja put out earlier this year or the Pani Puri jibes that are trendy these days or even the other Thackeray type ideology. I'm not even going to the tens of thousands, maybe lakhs of Kashmiris or Punjabis or Northeasterners that either supported militant secessionist movements or sympathized with them. 

Learn how to have a civil conversation first. I have posted facts counter with facts. You calling someone sewer rat does no harm to that individual. 

BTW I would be the last that defends marathi manoos those types are disgusting.

Edited by Vilander

13 hours ago, Vilander said:

Learn how to have a civil conversation first. I have posted facts counter with facts. You calling someone sewer rat does no harm to that individual. 

BTW I would be the last that defends marathi manoos those types are disgusting.

Civil my arse. U don't have a counter here for all the bigotry and seditious talk i listed including the ones emanating from ur state at the highest levels. Ur state compatriots on this forum have ranted naarthie this & that multiple times, but the only problem in ur mind is the gujju who isn't even Indian to justify your biases. 

One has to wonder off late how "Indian" is this forum called Indian cricket fans. There has been very active members who are khalistan movement deniers, the khalistan movement is something the Indian govt & intelligence apparatus takes very seriously. If that wasn't bad enough, sedition talk is seemingly accepted. Although this is mostly by members who are foreigners, it creates an absurd impression for netizens. 

@Gambit @Malcolm Merlyn @Trichromatic I assume you live in India & as administrators should be aware and cautious of our cyber crime & sedition laws. People spend months in jail for much less than what has been mentioned in this thread. I wouldn't want ICF to be associated with any 'tukde tukde gang'. 

Goodbye!

10 hours ago, Clarke said:

Civil my arse. U don't have a counter here for all the bigotry and seditious talk i listed including the ones emanating from ur state at the highest levels. Ur state compatriots on this forum have ranted naarthie this & that multiple times, but the only problem in ur mind is the gujju who isn't even Indian to justify your biases. 

I incidentaly don't have any indian state identity, that can't be said of narendra modi that is the problem. There is clear bias in fund allocation with unfair allocation to gujrats benefit that won't go un noticed and unpunished by rest of the country for long. Again learn how to be civil as otherwise there is no discussion. 

11 hours ago, Clarke said:

One has to wonder off late how "Indian" is this forum called Indian cricket fans. There has been very active members who are khalistan movement deniers, the khalistan movement is something the Indian govt & intelligence apparatus takes very seriously. If that wasn't bad enough, sedition talk is seemingly accepted. Although this is mostly by members who are foreigners, it creates an absurd impression for netizens. 

Goodbye!

Now dragging in Khalistan :hysterical: 

It is a discussion for the people of Punjab! 

Some leaders in TN have said this - https://www.deccanherald.com/amp/national/south/don-t-push-us-to-revive-separate-country-demand-dmk-s-raja-to-centre-1123819.html

Don’t push us to revive 'separate country' demand: DMK’s Raja to Centre.

That is a discussion for the people of TN. 

These can be discussions b/w centre and the respective states. 

Most states in India are like countries with their unique culture, which has existed even before India was “India”. Self respecting cultures are not going to marginalize themselves with a mass paint brush of a “Soviet” or a “British” India. 

Countries are for people not the other way around. The British rule brought these people together in the 20th century. 21st or 22nd century would have different priorities.

Do not judge the world with your limited knowledge. A person can be a Sikh/Hindu/etc, a Punjabi/Tamil/etc and Indian/etc at the same time and also assign different weights.

Edited by zen

The biggest problem is with social media and internet folks take a harsh stance. Everything is binary, right or wrong, but real life is shades of grey.

I think every member on this forum is a real nice person, one can converse with. But on internet for some reason the worst comes out.

Peace.