Rahul Dravid performance as coach

deepdynamo

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

DeCock has retired, Dussen avgs 32 in tests, Ngidi again is not Mcgrath, Burger has done enough to be a worthy replacement,+. 

Ye, we got pummeled, but against a full strength Sa team. 

India is also missing, Shami and Pant

But we can't keep making excuses. They need to blood in future players. What's the coach doing? 

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Not sure how many hv realised this.    Since 2011, we had NEVER lost a test match in SA by inning defeat.   Under Dravid, our boys did it. That too against a SA B team (No Nigidi, No De Kock, No Van der Dusan).   Another feather in the cap of Mr.Dependable. :two_thumbs_up:

To be fair de cock isn't the good in tests. Ngidi yes over coetze in SA conditions will be tough. Dussen sucks lol. 

On 12/30/2023 at 5:45 AM, Frustrated said:

I think u missed the point I was making.  My point was we lost by inning defeat in SA for the 1st time since 2011.  It really hurts.    Yes, it may not be fair to call this SA team as B or C.  Not debating that part.   

why? this team is utter trash. I have long been criticizing gill (even when he was doing relatively well in LOIs), and now it's time to add that "hack" jaiswal to the list overseas (not in India).

Edited by Vijy
12 hours ago, Vijy said:

why? this team is utter trash. I have long been criticizing gill (even when he was doing relatively well in LOIs), and now it's time to add that hack jaiswal to the list

Agreed. 

Our batting is woeful. Just compare our techniques vs SA batting in these conditions. It's night and day. 

We did get our lengths wrong yes but our batting technique was terrible. We threw several wickets away. Our tail especially number 8 and 9 need to learn how to hold a bat and slog vs short ball.

Can't be that weak. 

That's why arshdeep and avesh would have been good here imo. 

As for batting get some of the A tour players. 2 of them did well. Have good technique vs movement and short ball. 

Can't play iyer - shortball weakness

Gill - flashy like you said and useless vs in swing

Rohit - mentally checked out after WC. He should have taken a break. 

And then aswhin can't bat in these conditions. He is also 37. 

Just wrong selection after wrong selection. 

On 12/30/2023 at 4:15 PM, Frustrated said:

I think u missed the point I was making.  My point was we lost by inning defeat in SA for the 1st time since 2011.  It really hurts.    Yes, it may not be fair to call this SA team as B or C.  Not debating that part.   

We also drew a Test series in SA for the first time since 2011? 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

We also drew a Test series in SA for the first time since 2011? 

I had posted that comment just after we lost the 1st test to SA.   TBH, I had never thought that we were gonna win the 2nd test and level the series.