Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

May be he comes out even more stronger out of this..7 years back I had a minor surgery due to which I had to stay in bed for 10 days..

Helped me to slow down and got me a lot of time to reflect on my life..I feel I got some good clarity of thought and maturity after that..

Hope he gets the same which helps him in his professional and personal life..

31 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I suspect that the extent of ligament damage in his knee is going to shape his career.

Yup. Pivoting, turning will all be impacted. If you were a bowler it would be even worse. Still as a batsman with lot of running, diving involved he could feel the impact.  We have to keep our fingers crossed.  Even without accident this is a common injury for sportsmen. Kieron pollard had 2 of them. ACL reconstruction.

https://www.orthonet.pitt.edu/news/cricket-superstar-keiron-pollard-returns-record-breaking-performances-after-acl-surgeries

15 hours ago, neel roy said:

In last two years we have had few things to celebrate. My top 3 would be Series Victory against Aus in Aus. Series Victory against England at home ( In both we came back 0-1 down). And the ODI series win against England in England. The final matches in all three were won by us courtesy Rishabh Pant. 2 centuries and one 80 odd..the only genuine match winner for us..

Yes but we have a new nerves of steel gutsy player in Iyer. I hope he shows up. I rate him highly even with the short ball weakness BUT Aus has a huge advantage now. 

19 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yup. Pivoting, turning will all be impacted. If you were a bowler it would be even worse. Still as a batsman with lot of running, diving involved he could feel the impact.  We have to keep our fingers crossed.  Even without accident this is a common injury for sportsmen. Kieron pollard had 2 of them. ACL reconstruction.

https://www.orthonet.pitt.edu/news/cricket-superstar-keiron-pollard-returns-record-breaking-performances-after-acl-surgeries

Most Australians who follow AFL/Rugby know a lot about ACL injuries (not to mention PCL etc) because it is not only a common injury in these sports which is discussed in great detail but effectively ends the player for the next 12 months.

If Pant has damaged/strain/torn/tear his ACL, he is looking at 12 months out of the game at least. Thats not taking into account that he then needs to play state cricket and find form.

If anything being wicketkeeper amplifies the issues of any damage, as this position involves a lot of 360 degree movement, then you add this in conjunction with batting and running between wickets and I can confidentially tell you the medical advice will be 12 months minimum out of the game.

There is an option if it is an ACL tear that he can get a transplant from a cadaver or an artificial graft. This would lead to return to the playing field within potentially 3-4 months.

13 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Irresponsible behaviour. As much as I like him, he could actually be jailed for this if it happened outside India. I know they will brush this aside as he is a bit of a superstar. 

One would first have to apply the general law of torts here, negligence, intentional torts and strict liability. Even if he was drinking, given a first offense and the myriad of issues at play and most importantly he did not harm anyone else but himself and minimal damage to state property, he would never be incarcerated for this, at least in a Commonwealth Country.

14 hours ago, Sandz said:

Shocking news, looking at the pictures of the car it’s a miracle that he escaped with minor injuries. I hope he makes full recovery and gets back to doing what he is best at, winning matches.

Seriously its like straight out of a Bollywood movie, I wouldnt believe it if I didnt see or read about this.

Interestingly little has been said about the fact that driving a Mercedes is likely what saved his life. If he was driving a "common" car in India, he would be dead.

No doubt about this whatseover.

Those Mercedes has a special reinforced aluminum bumper to absorb a crash like that.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Most Australians who follow AFL/Rugby know a lot about ACL injuries (not to mention PCL etc) because it is not only a common injury in these sports which is discussed in great detail but effectively ends the player for the next 12 months.

If Pant has damaged/strain/torn/tear his ACL, he is looking at 12 months out of the game at least. Thats not taking into account that he then needs to play state cricket and find form.

If anything being wicketkeeper amplifies the issues of any damage, as this position involves a lot of 360 degree movement, then you add this in conjunction with batting and running between wickets and I can confidentially tell you the medical advice will be 12 months minimum out of the game.

There is an option if it is an ACL tear that he can get a transplant from a cadaver or an artificial graft. This would lead to return to the playing field within potentially 3-4 months.

The last part would mean surgery though? Sounds bad for us. We badly need him. I guess next bgt is at the end of the year I believe? 

15 minutes ago, speedracer said:

The last part would mean surgery though? Sounds bad for us. We badly need him. I guess next bgt is at the end of the year I believe? 

I really doubt if he has a tear of ligaments . Car driving injuries are usually crush injuries and bone injuries . For Acl to get injured , his knee has had to have rotated somehow badly . Mercedes is a strong car and my best guess is he has a small contusion of his ligaments . Ct scans are highly inaccurate - mri is needed to look for tears and in all likelihood his injury will be less than what jadeja had - I am more worried about jadeja comeback than pant