Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

3 minutes ago, mani sha said:

I really doubt if he has a tear of ligaments . Car driving injuries are usually crush injuries and bone injuries . For Acl to get injured , his knee has had to have rotated somehow badly . Mercedes is a strong car and my best guess is he has a small contusion of his ligaments . Ct scans are highly inaccurate - mri is needed to look for tears and in all likelihood his injury will be less than what jadeja had - I am more worried about jadeja comeback than pant 

Hopefully. When will jadds be back? 

55 minutes ago, mani sha said:

I really doubt if he has a tear of ligaments . Car driving injuries are usually crush injuries and bone injuries . For Acl to get injured , his knee has had to have rotated somehow badly . Mercedes is a strong car and my best guess is he has a small contusion of his ligaments . Ct scans are highly inaccurate - mri is needed to look for tears and in all likelihood his injury will be less than what jadeja had - I am more worried about jadeja comeback than pant 

Both injuries were avoidable. Jaddu did some half baked underwater training. Pant drove alone in the wee hours with nobody to accompany. 

Then we have Hit man rather  injury-Hit man

Hit man injury list/Rest list

Feb 2020 - Calf injury

OCt 2020 - Hamstring injury

Dec 2021 - Hamstring injury

June 2022 - Rested

July 2022 England match - COVID-19

Jul 2022 WI series - Rested

Dec 2022 - Finger injury

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Both injuries were avoidable. Jaddu did some half baked underwater training. Pant drove alone in the wee hours with nobody to accompany. 

Feb 2020 - Calf injury

June 2022 - Rested

Dec 2022 - Finger injury

jaddu and pant should be a bit more responsible. as for fatman (i.e., hitman), time for him to retire

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

The last part would mean surgery though? Sounds bad for us. We badly need him. I guess next bgt is at the end of the year I believe? 

First best to wait to see what the prognosis is and the extent of the ligament damage, if its strained, tear or torn.

The Indian doctors should be consulting with experts overseas in the field who manage and deal specifically ACL and ligament damage to athletes.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

First best to wait to see what the prognosis is and the extent of the ligament damage, if its strained, tear or torn.

The Indian doctors should be consulting with experts overseas in the field who manage and deal specifically ACL and ligament damage to athletes.

the BCCI doctors will find a way to botch if up. an incompetent board is likely to have incompetent doctors.

16 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Feb 2020 - Calf injury

June 2022 - Rested

Dec 2022 - Finger injury

You want to know something and its something you heard here first on ICF and not anywhere else. Its not been discussed anywhere  else.

Pant's Mercede's almost certainly 100% decelerated before impact. Those Mercedes safety systems activate in like millionths of a second, where they tighten seat belt, adjust headrest,  and slow the car down almost to zero.

He must have been literally flying on that road.

As I said before if he was in your average car, he would be dead. I dont say that lightly or to be dramatic.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

the BCCI doctors will find a way to botch if up. an incompetent board is likely to have incompetent doctors.

It would be arrogant of them to deal with an ACL injury of an athlete without consultation with experts in this field who deal and have dealt with this successfully.

Even in Australia, there is consultation with Euro and US doctors.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

It would be arrogant of them to deal with an ACL injury of an athlete without consultation with experts in this field who deal and have dealt with this successfully.

Even in Australia, there is consultation with Euro and US doctors.

BCCI's middle name is arrogance. another middle name is incompetence. and one more is nepotism, corruption,... you get the gist

8 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

You want to know something and its something you heard here first on ICF and not anywhere else. Its not been discussed anywhere  else.

Pant's Mercede's almost certainly 100% decelerated before impact. Those Mercedes safety systems activate in like millionths of a second, where they tighten seat belt, adjust headrest,  and slow the car down almost to zero.

He must have been literally flying on that road.

As I said before if he was in your average car, he would be dead. I dont say that lightly or to be dramatic.

Yup. Could have been a deadly tragedy.  He was extremely lucky that there were no other vehicles involved in the crash. Hope he takes this up as a lesson.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yup. Could have been a deadly tragedy.  He was extremely lucky that there were no other vehicles involved in the crash. Hope he takes this up as a lesson.

I will give you another exclusive here first on ICF, Pant's Merceds GLE43 will have likely recorded the moment before impact, ie, what speed, whether he was breaking etc etc which is called EDR. Now Im not 100% sure it would have survived the fire bomb that ensued.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

I hope so... he has been rather immature of late. I feel sorry for him though

This is a traumatizing experience.  He is unlikely to take oral advices seriously. Dhawan already offered him. Although Police say he is not "over speeding" video doesn't lie. That speed zone is apparently 50 to 80 km.

25 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This is a traumatizing experience.  He is unlikely to take oral advices seriously. Dhawan already offered him. Although Police say he is not "over speeding" video doesn't lie. That speed zone is apparently 50 to 80 km.

I hope he will at least learn from what happened now

32 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I will give you another exclusive here first on ICF, Pant's Merceds GLE43 will have likely recorded the moment before impact, ie, what speed, whether he was breaking etc etc which is called EDR. Now Im not 100% sure it would have survived the fire bomb that ensued.

My partner has the c200 and it does have some pretty cool advanced gadgets. Built dash cam etc. Automatic safety systems. accident alerts. 

And man those cars are durable as f. Outstanding design and overall safety. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

They ae waiting for clots to heal up than they will.perform MRI .

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Indian doctors overseas or in India, I would highly recommend people to stay away from them when it come sto menta health. I am not too sure about sport injuries but I would still prefer a non Indian based in my family member's personal experience. 

Edited by speedracer