Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

7 hours ago, Stuge said:

As per TOI - Pant's ACL ( anterior  Cruciate Ligament) and MCL ( medial collateral  ligament ) i.e two tears are being operated.

It will take 3-4 months for ligaments to heal plus more time for being match fit .

so about 6-7 months total maybe.

I saw sports tak show with some Dr Saif..he mentioned that Pant already had some issue with right knee and hence TN sent him to NCA for some conditioning..

before that the accident happen..and as that knee was already weak..it got little more injured..

he also said since Pant’s brain/spine is used to somersault..so his brain and spine were able to handle the car turning over..and didnt face concussions..

5 hours ago, Autonomous said:

These injuries can have long-term impact. 

For example, Haris Sohail who just came back in team has had knee issues on multiple times.

MCL, ACL are common now. The surgery process has improved a lot. Again depends on where he gets it. American football and baseball has lot of these injuries and players play after 6-8 months and perform better.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:59 AM, Stuge said:

As per TOI - Pant's ACL ( anterior  Cruciate Ligament) and MCL ( medial collateral  ligament ) i.e two tears are being operated.

It will take 3-4 months for ligaments to heal plus more time for being match fit .

Yep, and that is the best case.  I just hope they don't rush him back; it could be the worst thing.  If done correctly, he could come back stronger, and also come out with a better grasp of fitness concepts.  

14 hours ago, Autonomous said:

These injuries can have long-term impact. 

For example, Haris Sohail who just came back in team has had knee issues on multiple times.

Dont worry, In case of pant its a very minor injury he is expected to make a full recovery , infact its a blessing in disguise he will play with more intent when he gets back, having seen such a life and death event, he wont be pressured by smaller events for example an Ind pak match which will enable him to give his absolute best. 

Edited by Vilander
13 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Yep, and that is the best case.  I just hope they don't rush him back; it could be the worst thing.  If done correctly, he could come back stronger, and also come out with a better grasp of fitness concepts.  

Should be 6-8 months 3-4 is early