Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

He already had knee issues. For every pound that you are overweight, your knee must absorb an extra 4 pounds of pressure when you walk, run, or climb stairs.  Pant was silently gaining weight during world T20.  A reason why he was sent to NCA ignoring him for SL series.  Once he recovers he should focus on reducing his weight.  He is a keeper. Knee health is very important.

18 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

ACL tears heal very slowly,he will lucky to play this year.

I would be very surprised if he played for India this year.

I would also be very surprised if he isnt struggling when he makes his comeback.

As was mentioned above, one of the key criteria of recovering from a knee injury is being healthy and not overweight.

Pant would have to dedicate his life to cricket to ever return to the cricketer he once was.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:04 PM, vvvslaxman said:

He already had knee issues. For every pound that you are overweight, your knee must absorb an extra 4 pounds of pressure when you walk, run, or climb stairs.  Pant was silently gaining weight during world T20.  A reason why he was sent to NCA ignoring him for SL series.  Once he recovers he should focus on reducing his weight.  He is a keeper. Knee health is very important.

Or you could just do more squats, deadlifts, callisthenics, overhead squat, Olympic snatch etc to make your tendons and muscle stronger so they are able to withstand the weight. 

Really hope pant is fully fit and back for bgt at the end of the year away from home.

We need him badly. But it's ok I guess ishu or bharat will need to step up and I am sure they will. We will get our quicks fit and firing. Want to see bumrah siraj tyagi prasidh sen umran all selected for bgt at the end of the year in aus. 

As for batting jaiswal, Shaw Gill sundar all must be picked and backed. 

On 1/11/2023 at 11:04 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Hopefully, this whole incident turns out to be a blessing-in-disguise -  the long, arduous rehab process could help him become well-versed and in fitness concepts and help him in the long-term. 

The guy is ultra-talented, already a legend IMO. He can develop into the GOAT with a bit of a push - perhaps, this is the push. 

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Or you could just do more squats, deadlifts, callisthenics, overhead squat, Olympic snatch etc to make your tendons and muscle stronger so they are able to withstand the weight. 

Really hope pant is fully fit and back for bgt at the end of the year away from home.

We need him badly. But it's ok I guess ishu or bharat will need to step up and I am sure they will. We will get our quicks fit and firing. Want to see bumrah siraj tyagi prasidh sen umran all selected for bgt at the end of the year in aus. 

As for batting jaiswal, Shaw Gill sundar all must be picked and backed. 

There is no substittue for his mental fortress. Nobody in the vicinity. Probably with same talent you canf ind players. Not with that same attitude.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is no substittue for his mental fortress. Nobody in the vicinity. Probably with same talent you canf ind players. Not with that same attitude.

Sundar can be bro. Sundar jaiswal I trust. Gill too. Has that gene. But yea rishab is just out of this world kind of talent. Special special player. He is going to go down as the greatest ever if he comes back strong from injury.

The BCCI issued three medical bulletins since the accident and the surgery, including one that stated Pant had also injured his right ankle. ESPNcricinfo has learned that all three ligaments in the knee - anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament, which are necessary for movement and stability - have been torn in Pant's case. It is understood that in the surgery conducted recently, both the PCL and MCL were reconstructed. Pant will need to undergo another surgery to reconstruct his ACL, but the doctors will wait for at least six weeks before going ahead with it

Via cricinfo

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/india-keeper-rishabh-pant-expected-to-be-out-of-action-for-most-of-2023-1353807

Edited by Stuge
27 minutes ago, Stuge said:

The BCCI issued three medical bulletins since the accident and the surgery, including one that stated Pant had also injured his right ankle. ESPNcricinfo has learned that all three ligaments in the knee - anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament and medial collateral ligament, which are necessary for movement and stability - have been torn in Pant's case. It is understood that in the surgery conducted recently, both the PCL and MCL were reconstructed. Pant will need to undergo another surgery to reconstruct his ACL, but the doctors will wait for at least six weeks before going ahead with it

Via cricinfo

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/india-keeper-rishabh-pant-expected-to-be-out-of-action-for-most-of-2023-1353807

Very sad news....I am getting a bad feeling whether he will ever be able to play cricket again. Tragedy.

3 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Don't rely on Google.

When I commented this the news said he has ACL. The doctors now say he has torn all 3 ligaments. ACL takes 6 months which i clearly mentioned in my later posts. 4 ligaments will take same time if operated same time. But as per news the acl will be operated after 6 weeks. Overall he ll be running in 7 months. Then comes the stress exercises for build up to match fitness. Simple. 

Even when he was active he was gaining weight rapidly. Now this is going to compound the issue. This is going to be a very long journey.  Wish he had not gaine weight during world T20. It complicated his knee issues which forced bCCI to send him to NCA. Otherwise he would have been with the team i suppose? Having said that this was an accident waiting to happen. Seems like he has issue with speeding.

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

When I commented this the news said he has ACL. The doctors now say he has torn all 3 ligaments. ACL takes 6 months which i clearly mentioned in my later posts. 4 ligaments will take same time if operated same time. But as per news the acl will be operated after 6 weeks. Overall he ll be running in 7 months. Then comes the stress exercises for build up to match fitness. Simple. 

18 months they say for fully recovering.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

18 months they say for fully recovering.

Wow.  That's a lllllllllloonnnnng time.  This team will miss the guy in test matches.  

It is a bit surprising that the rehab time is that long.  Rehab times for torn knee ligaments are becoming shorter all the time ... Guys who play American football and whose knees are under even more duress than a cricketer's knees are known to return to full strength within a year.  Perhaps it is because multiple ligaments are torn for this guy.  Just hope he rehabs like a madman and comes back stronger than ever.  

20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Wow.  That's a lllllllllloonnnnng time.  This team will miss the guy in test matches.  

It is a bit surprising that the rehab time is that long.  Rehab times for torn knee ligaments are becoming shorter all the time ... Guys who play American football and whose knees are under even more duress than a cricketer's knees are known to return to full strength within a year.  Perhaps it is because multiple ligaments are torn for this guy.  Just hope he rehabs like a madman and comes back stronger than ever.  

Owing to severity of the injury. Three tears will require a lot of time to heal. He was already having issues even before the accident. This has made it much worse.