Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Wishing him speedy recovery.    Coming to cricket, Samson fans must be quietly watching all this. And feeling relieved now that their hero will play all the LOIs henceforth, including the WC2023.   Sashi Tharoor will be quiet for sometime.  

Pant will recover in 3 months. It takes 3 months to recover from ACL. As per reports its just a knee ligament tear. Laceration vanishes in 2 weeks. The players have worse injuries playing cricket and so they are mentally strong.. ks bharat will play as a wk. I guess new destinys child kl ( old rahane) will keep his place. Reserve wk will be toss up between ishan k, sanju s and upendra yadav..

Edited by neel roy
2 minutes ago, MechEng said:

This is where US cops are best in the world when it comes to dealing with rash driving. Those guys are absolutely ruthless against any kind of rash driving.

Yup we should've had such laws firmly in place but sadly the cops work under the thumbs of the politicians & so law & order will always be subservient to the vested interests, starting right from the top! I think I mentioned this here as well that - we need more cops & a lot more funding for the police if we are to truly progress further, no top/wealthy nation has laws like the banwana republic of India :om:

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Yup we should've had such laws firmly in place but sadly the cops work under the thumbs of the politicians & so law & order will always be subservient to the vested interests, starting right from the top! I think I mentioned this here as well that - we need more cops & a lot more funding for the police if we are to truly progress further, no top/wealthy nation has laws like the banwana republic of India :om:

My desi classmate got fined savagely for jaywalking during our first few months in the US, that too on a totally empty street with no cars around, just that a police vehicle spotted him from a distance!

BCCI Media Statement – Rishabh Pant

India wicket-keeper Rishabh Pant met with a car accident early on Friday morning near Roorkee, Uttarakhand. He was admitted to Saksham Hospital Multispecialty and Trauma Centre where he was treated for impact injuries.

Rishabh has two cuts on his forehead, a ligament tear in his right knee and has also hurt his right wrist, ankle, toe and has suffered abrasion injuries on his back. Rishabh’s condition remains stable, and he has now been shifted to Max Hospital, Dehradun, where he will undergo MRI scans to ascertain the extent of his injuries and formulate his further course of treatment.

The BCCI is in constant touch with Rishabh’s family while the Medical Team is in close contact with the doctors currently treating Rishabh. The Board will see to it that Rishabh receives the best possible medical care and gets all the support he needs to come out of this traumatic phase.

8 minutes ago, gattaca said:

He dozed off on the wheel irresponsible 

That would come under drowsy or tired driving. However, there are no laws against that if I am not wrong. 

One can be charged for the damage caused due to the consequence of tired driving (as it would be the case even if you are not tired). 

Yes, it is better to be proactive and not drive when tired. Unfortunately, it is far too common. 

1 hour ago, nitinbwj said:

In a comfy luxury car,you don't feel the bumps on road.Also,the roads were relatively empty that early.All that factors plus tiredness,high speed and you have the recipe for disaster. 

Also,vyou don't realise how fast you are driving. 

23 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Had there been a third party injury/death or property damage , he would hv faced legal consequences.   But that's not the case here.   So, he should escape luckily.  

There is property damage for sure. Divider plus may be more