Rishabh Pant injured after his car collides with divider on Delhi-Dehradun highway

SM2907

On 1/18/2023 at 5:11 AM, putrevus said:

ACL tear for basket ball and football players is 9 months.Maybe Pant's WK keeping days are over, it would be tragedy if this guy does not have long and successful career.

he is going to be ok.modern reconstruction of the ACL will make it better than his old ACL.it all depends on his rehab on how soon he can comeback but i will be shocked if he plays this year/

Let us hope for a miracle. Only reason i hope for it because it is Pant. This guy has insane mental toughness. He has to make some adjustments to his life style once he starts recovering.  Strict dieting. Regular stretching exercise. In order to purely as a batsman fitness requirement is somewhat less than that is for a fast bowler, keeper. But he still has to field. That is where his challenge is.

21 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Let us hope for a miracle. Only reason i hope for it because it is Pant. This guy has insane mental toughness. He has to make some adjustments to his life style once he starts recovering.  Strict dieting. Regular stretching exercise. In order to purely as a batsman fitness requirement is somewhat less than that is for a fast bowler, keeper. But he still has to field. That is where his challenge is.

May be this incident will teach him important lesson. He has world on his knees and now he broke his own knees due to his sheer stupidity. In life you can't take anything for granted, he never paid attention to his weight issue on top of it driving alone post graveyard hours he could easily have rented a driver or ask a friend to company him. Hope these young cricketers have dedication and respect for cricket like Tendulkar , Dravid or Kapil has they were only dedicated to cricket till the time they played . Wish him speedy recovery and hope this guy ll learn from his mistake and be a better person in life if not cricketer.

Edited by raki05
9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

As a huge unashamed Pant fan, I seriously dont believe he will return to cricket as the player he once was.

Serious knee issues for any sportsman's career is a death knell, let alone an ACL reconstruction for a cricketer that is a wicketkeeper.

ACL reconstruction is normal in fast bowlers. it is not something that will prevent him from playing. Shivam Mavi had ACL surgery at the age of 17 and he still bowled 150 KPH.  

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

ACL reconstruction is normal in fast bowlers. it is not something that will prevent him from playing. Shivam Mavi had ACL surgery at the age of 17 and he still bowled 150 KPH.  

The biggest issue you are missing here is that Pant will be 26 while he is doing his rehab and does not have the benefit of being still in a growing phase of his physical development in which the body can adjust.

Fast bowlers run in straight lines and can adjust to an ACL with foot landing at the time of delivery.

Pant is a wicketkeeper and needs to be a 360 degree movement in that alone, without taking into consideration the issues he will face while batting.

I am a huge fan of Pant and it broke my heart seeing him injured. I do not believe he will ever be the player he once was. I would love to be proven wrong.

In so many other sports, players are never the same after an ACL reconstruction.

7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

The biggest issue you are missing here is that Pant will be 26 while he is doing his rehab and does not have the benefit of being still in a growing phase of his physical development in which the body can adjust.

Fast bowlers run in straight lines and can adjust to an ACL with foot landing at the time of delivery.

Pant is a wicketkeeper and needs to be a 360 degree movement in that alone, without taking into consideration the issues he will face while batting.

I am a huge fan of Pant and it broke my heart seeing him injured. I do not believe he will ever be the player he once was. I would love to be proven wrong.

In so many other sports, players are never the same after an ACL reconstruction.

NFL,NBA and NHL have much more strenuous workloads. They jump, run, skate constantly. I have seen athletes in 30s getting ACL, MCL and having good production later. Cricket is the least athletic sport compared to above sports. He will be fine. Hopefully his surgery done by a good doctor. The important part is rehab. He should spend good amount of time strengthening the muscles there. 

Edited by gattaca
52 minutes ago, gattaca said:

NFL,NBA and NHL have much more strenuous workloads. They jump, run, skate constantly. I have seen athletes in 30s getting ACL, MCL and having good production later. Cricket is the least athletic sport compared to above sports. He will be fine. Hopefully his surgery done by a good doctor. The important part is rehab. He should spend good amount of time strengthening the muscles there. 

Of course the good part is rehab.

So the questions begs to be asked, does Pant have the discipline and mental fortitude to undergo an arduous rehab. I wont begin to even get into the issues of problems with having a successful ACL operation.

His history suggests no. I am confident that he wont return to the cricketer he once was.

Dont take this as someone who doesnt like Pant, I very much love him and it broke me down hearing about this.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Re-watched day 5 Gabba highlights.   :hatsoff:  He has already massively contributed in India writing history. Anything he does in the future is a bonus for us.  He deserves a career that is longer than this.

And the funny thing is he had an even better knock in a series deciding match in South africa. If he had gotten a little support we could have won our first series in South Africa. 

10 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He could have avoided all this mess if he had a driver.

Ya but driver can get in to accidents as well especially in India. Terrible ones. I think he was driving too fast too which might be the main cause.

Edited by gattaca
On 2/10/2023 at 9:47 PM, gattaca said:

Ya but driver can get in to accidents as well especially in India. Terrible ones. I think he was driving too fast too which might be the main cause.

It’s not only fast driving.  I’ve  been on that stretch of road dozens of times, at all hours. 

He was driving in winter, in the early morning when the fog can be very dense.  I had to go to Dehradun once in these conditions and after an hour I just pulled to the side of the road and waited, visibility was maybe five feet.  Never did it again. 

I’m not saying that the conditions were exactly the same in this case, but there are very good reasons people are advised not to drive from Delhi to Doon (or vice versa) in the early mornings or late evening in winter.

He was driving fast, in winter, at the wrong time, without a driver, and he was probably tired.  

There’s many many things he did that were totally avoidable.  Not just speed.   

Anyway I hope he recovers soon.  One hell of a talent. 

Edited by NameGoesHere