Loving Hardik Pandya's captaincy!

zen

Whether the team played in Ireland or NZ away, or now SL in India, we can feel a positive energy and enthusiasm, along with fearlessness. 

After a long time, India has a street smart captain, who does not go by formulas but plays the situation at hand, backs the players, and s not afraid to lose! 

Refreshing, revolutionary, & rewarding captaincy!  :hatsoff:

And with time, Sir Don is expected to get even better as a captain :woot:

Thank you Sir Don for bringing Excitement, Energy, & Enjoyment back to Indian cricket :cheers:

22 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Over reaction. Don't make it obvious.

He has not been extremely poor, that's about it. Giving Axar the last over was close to being a blunder . Just as good as an international captain. Revolutionary is a big word.

Let's not miss the forest for trees! 

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Backs the players? Threw Arshdeep under the bus publicly. Very bad so far

He backed him too (and gave him another over as well in the game) but Arshdeep failed to perform, creating a record for bowling no balls in the game. 

One should back the right players. Up to Arshdeep to improve his game. 

34 minutes ago, zen said:

He backed him too (and gave him another over as well in the game) but Arshdeep failed to perform, creating a record for bowling no balls in the game. 

One should back the right players. Up to Arshdeep to improve his game. 

Yeah gave 2 overs :hatsoff:

Arshdeep has already proved himself in WT20.Was rusty after a break.

Hardik himself bowled a no ball in WT20 2016 SF costing the game. I'd rather take a record in useless bilateral

Bashing own players publicly is just not on :no:

28 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hardik himself bowled a no ball in WT20 2016 SF costing the game. I'd rather take a record in useless bilateral

Arshdeep did bowl 5 no balls (not 1-2), so there is no point in sweeping things under the carpet esp. when introspecting and answering questions about what went wrong. 

Sir Don is the captain now and he has to ensure that players at least do the basics right (ok, with getting smashed). It is his job to see everyone is focused. He is responsible for team India. He is not a diplomat or a politician out there to get votes.  

Below Imran in 1992 World Cup: 

Edited by zen
23 minutes ago, Lord said:

Hardik in post match presentation:

I am not blaming Arshdeep but he is the culprit. 

A mature captain would say:

We would look into it and ensure we are disciplined going forward.

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Hardik in post match presentation:

I am not blaming Arshdeep but he is the culprit. 

A mature captain would say:

We would look into it and ensure we are disciplined going forward.

He clearly said i font want to be hard on him but it's crime to bowl no ball. I mean who asked him to give 2nd over when he had already bowled  2-3 no balls in first over. Also the way he blamed Arshdeep explicitly it gave a sense that he is clearly blaming him only for the loss and may drop him in future .

The only captain who has provided Indian fans with joy recently - winning series in NZ and now versus Asian Champs SL. 

On the other hand, Ind had a disappointing Asia Cup, T20 WC, and ODI series losses in NZ and BD :no: 

After winning the SL series: 

Hardik Pandya | India captain: I think he (SKY) has been surprising everyone every innings that he is batting. He is just telling us that batting is so easy. If I were bowling to him, I'd be disheartened on seeing his batting. Special mention to Rahul Tripathi - the ball was doing something but he showed great intent. Then SKY did his thing. You don't need to tell him anything, he knows what to do. If there is any situation where he is unsure, we have our chats but more often than not, he knows what to do. I'm really proud of him (Axar), the way he is batting down the order and hitting. This will give a lot of confidence to him and the team as well. My motto in life as captain has been that I'll back my players. These are the best T20 cricketers in India and that's why they are here. There is no space for doubting in this format and we're backing the players properly. The way we played in the series is pleasing, we didn't even play 50 percent of our game in the second game but we still fought well.

Only jewellers know the value of a diamond like Don :thumb:

The *? Stop dropping your pants so easily to fap on “SDP”.

Another non-performing captain that will unfortunate be in the lineup because he is the captain. Not sure on what basis was he selected to be T20i captain. 

SKY batting the way he does is very mixed fortune for India as it truly hides Indias weakness. And unfortunately it becomes too much for him to show up in big tournaments and India then find themselves out of the tournament.

1 hour ago, ThirtyD. said:

The *? Stop dropping your pants so easily to fap on “SDP”.

Another non-performing captain that will unfortunate be in the lineup because he is the captain. Not sure on what basis was he selected to be T20i captain. 

SKY batting the way he does is very mixed fortune for India as it truly hides Indias weakness. And unfortunately it becomes too much for him to show up in big tournaments and India then find themselves out of the tournament.

yes, he does go missing in Ind-Pak games. one more loss coming up soon

15 hours ago, Lord said:

It’s not crime if he commits it 

Honestly, things will come off when he starts losing. When there is pressure, we will know exactly how he is. I remember in the start GT lost few matches, and the reaction to other player was pathetic. That is not expected from leaders. He threw Arshdeep under the bus other dat, even when he knows he came after long without any practice. This is not how you give confidence. 

57 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

It will be interesting when the senior players come back or if they actually are retired from the format. If they come back, the team will go back to playing conservative cricket during the PP.

"Seniors" are not being considered for T20s. To come back, they would need to have a great IPL in 2024 with Sir Don wanting to use the experience of a Kohli for e.g. in the 2024 T20 WC. 

I won't be surprised if in a few months he becomes the ODI captain too.