Loving Hardik Pandya's captaincy!

zen

Pandya has a good utility being pace bowling AR but I dont like him playing accumulator role..He is not such a class player batting tech wise…more often he wont be able to finish matches in that role..

.He is at best when he is smacking the bowlers and will be more useful in that role..else we are losing a good hitter in lower order..

5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

On the bowling friendly which is assisting spin more, Chahal has bowled 2 overs for 4 runs and 1 wicket while Pandya bowled full quota of overs for 25 runs.

Captain ensuring his economy rate is improved.

He wanted to challenge the team to bat in difficult conditions. :--D

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

As long as you don't expect him to be a tactical genius,  you're good. They should just let him be his own man. 

One doesn't need to a tactical genius to understand that an economical spinner needs to complete quota on tuner.

It seemed purely selfish that he completed his quota.

Hiding in difficult conditions will not considered as tactical failure in long run.

* Backed youngsters including Gill - check 

* Brought in unconventional batsmen like Tripathi - check 

* Supported fast bowlers - check 

* Gave honest opinions (even when he was not the captain he is said to have raised the issue of Ind batting slowly in PP in team meetings) - check 

* Non formulaic captaincy (that confuses opponents) - check 

* Bindas cricket - check 

* motivator and big picture thinker - check 

Ind’s best captain since Dhoni :hatsoff: 

MoS against NZ for runs, wkts, & CAPTAINCY!! 

Hardik Pandya is the Player of the Series: To be honest, my Man of the Series goes to the whole support staff. I have always played the game like this, tried to read the situation and what's required at that moment, and not have pre-conceived ideas. A lot of time I back my guts. I have got a very simple rule about my life and captaincy: if I go down, I go down on my decisions. When I played the IPL final, I felt the second innings was more spicier. We want to normalise these pressure games, and hopefully we can do better at bigger stages.

* Backed youngsters including Gill - check 

* Brought in unconventional batsmen like Tripathi - check 

* Supported fast bowlers - He didnt try Umran enough. Umran should bowl in PP.

* Gave honest opinions (even when he was not the captain he is said to have raised the issue of Ind batting slowly in PP in team meetings) - check 

* Non formulaic captaincy (that confuses opponents) - He has his own formula. He bowls in PP. Once others know, they will plan accordingly. 

* Bindas cricket - Last T20 was not bindas. he was stressed.

* motivator and big picture thinker - check 

10 minutes ago, Nash said:

* Supported fast bowlers - He didnt try Umran enough. Umran should bowl in PP.

Note that Umran is usually not bowled in PP where swing bowlers are mainly preferred esp. for the first 3-4 overs. In a couple of games, the pitches were also spin focused. 

Umran (much like a Lockie) is used more in the middle phase. 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Note that Umran is usually not bowled in PP where swing bowlers are mainly preferred esp. for the first 3-4 overs. In a couple of games, the pitches were also spin focused. 

Umran (much like a Lockie) is used more in the middle phase. 

I am fine with the approach to play him in middle orders. But when the score is high, atleast he could have use him for 3 over to see if he has any swing or something. 

Just now, Nash said:

I am fine with the approach to play him in middle orders. But when the score is high, atleast he could have use him for 3 over to see if he has any swing or something. 

Umran is not a swing bowler like Sir Don and Arshdeep. On occasions, he has also found it difficult to control new ball. Even in IPL, he rarely opened the bowling. 

On 1/5/2023 at 11:18 PM, zen said:

Whether the team played in Ireland or NZ away, or now SL in India, we can feel a positive energy and enthusiasm, along with fearlessness. 

After a long time, India has a street smart captain, who does not go by formulas but plays the situation at hand, backs the players, and s not afraid to lose! 

Refreshing, revolutionary, & rewarding captaincy!  :hatsoff:

And with time, Sir Don is expected to get even better as a captain :woot:

Thank you Sir Don for bringing Excitement, Energy, & Enjoyment back to Indian cricket :cheers:

Thank you