RRR Creates History at golden globes

vayuu1

Actually what got the attention was the song's Anti colonialist, anti classist and anti racist themes which aligned with the current political thought in the US. The song being shot in front of Ukrainian Presidential Palace also earned a few extra points. Coming to the song, this is not even Keeravani's best work. The Bahubali series was his best work. I thought it would get the national award for the best music director but it didnt.  But here he got the Oscar for a mid level song. Though the song is mid the dance choreography was pretty good. The best Choreo in the last few years IMO which certainly helped. Jai Ho would'nt even figure in AR Rahman's top 50 songs but he got an award for it. Same is the case here.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They did spend 80 crores in campaigning which got the attention.

They spent the 80 crores as it already got a lot of traction.

The product was liked by a good sample of the market. That gave them the confidence for promotion.

On 3/13/2023 at 4:49 PM, MechEng said:

It really shows how far the standards have dropped in the quality coming out from Hollywood, if chewteeya movies like RRR and Kaantara become popular.

Man..not everyone get's tickets for first day first show. Hate your bad luck, not the movies.

17 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Tune? All songs are made up of 7 raagas. So no song is going to be unique. This is just great singing by her.  Fast beat songs are churned out in 100s by Devi sri prasad lol Probably some of his songs are better than this. Or Anirudh's songs. Sure you can give award for choreography. But song? seriously? Not even the best song within India. Popularity should not be used to judge quality.

You mean 7 notes. With those 7 notes, one can compose in 1000s of Raagas (melody /tunes or composition) . What meant was there was no novelty factor in LG’s song to praise so much. Anyhow, Oscar nomination is not a qualifying factor for likeness anyway. Jai Ho was least worthy song written by Gulzar deserving of any accolades, but was hyped up by Brit production and PR. He’s written innumerable gems for HFM. Same goes for ARR who has had much better composition like the one below (such a rare Ragaa, it was awarded a National award to Unnikrishnan):

But people hype up this Kai Ho crap song because it won an Oscar. 

59 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You mean 7 notes. With those 7 notes, one can compose in 1000s of Raagas (melody /tunes or composition) .

Spot-on.  And even the "7" notes statement is not totally accurate.  Except of Sa and Pa, all the notes or swarams have different sthaanams or positions. So, it is definitely at least 12 notes.  At the very base, there are 72 raagams, and from each one of them, innumerable others originate. 

There - I told you everything I know about Carnatic music.  I grew up steeped in the music, but didn't really bother to learn the theory - until my children started learning here in the US.  Then, suddenly, I'd be like - "Wow ... that is so .. cooool."  

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

Barring Major Gaurav Arya who is a national inspiration and Arnab, anchors are quite pitiable on that channel...

I like their morning roundups. Less annoying than India Today and Times Now. After Palki Sharma left Wion I stopped liking that channel as well. Not sure if it is just my bias, but I feel the quality of newscasting has gone downhill there. 

That said, the quality of Indian news content is not great atm. Too much repetition and shouting on important topics. 

On 3/15/2023 at 7:40 PM, kepler37b said:

Man..not everyone get's tickets for first day first show. Hate your bad luck, not the movies.

RRR and Kantara popularity are digital marketing masterpieces. Watch the movies objectively and its no different from masala South Indian movies let alone garnering high IMDB ratings and winning Academy Awards.

Good job to the marketing team, you'll get superb bonuses.

On 3/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, Tillu said:

Actually what got the attention was the song's Anti colonialist, anti classist and anti racist themes which aligned with the current political thought in the US. The song being shot in front of Ukrainian Presidential Palace also earned a few extra points. Coming to the song, this is not even Keeravani's best work. The Bahubali series was his best work. I thought it would get the national award for the best music director but it didnt.  But here he got the Oscar for a mid level song. Though the song is mid the dance choreography was pretty good. The best Choreo in the last few years IMO which certainly helped. Jai Ho would'nt even figure in AR Rahman's top 50 songs but he got an award for it. Same is the case here.

This is like a reading a Peepee post where bragging goes on how they brought down the Soviet Union.