Women's IPL already becomes the 2nd most expensive Women's sports league in the World!

AuxiliA

30 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

so why do we select players for T20I based on the performance on IPL? which has also translated into selection in the Test ODI teams ( look at SKY being selected for Tests)

Either BCCI label IPL as an entertainment league and solely select players on the basis of performance in SMA which is the domestic T20 tournament.. or admit we are hoping that player performances in IPL replicate on the international T20 stage too which isnt right now so clearly not fit for purpose. You cant have it both ways..

Yes we do select players based on IPl for T20I but it does not mean they are the best in world and will do well in world cup . IPL teams have been using finishers from other countries because there are no explosive talented back end players in the country.

BCCI is selecting team based on IPL and hoping they do well in world cups .Other than few idiots like  Ganguly everyone knew IPL is not a gurantee for winning world cup. Him putting that pressure on both Shastri and Kohli before 2021 World cup was utterly ridiculous.

Rohit Sharma and now Pandya have already proved IPL success as captains means squat when it comes to international cricket.

There is no sure formula to win these cups. You need  talent and also luck. So don't blindly go by the results.It is not fair for the players.

Edited by putrevus
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes we do select players based on IPl for T20I but it does not mean they are the best in world and will do well in world cup . IPL teams have been using finishers from other countries because there are no explosive talented back end players in the country.

BCCI is selecting team based on IPL and hoping they do well in world cups .Other than few idiots like  Ganguly everyone knew IPL is not a gurantee for winning world cup. Him putting that pressure on both Shastri and Kohli before 2021 World cup was utterly ridiculous.

Rohit Sharma and now Pandya have already proved IPL success as captains means squat when it comes to international cricket.

There is no sure formula to win these cups. You need  talent and also luck. So don't blindly go by the results.It is not fair for the players.

so the best T20 league in the world does not produce the best players.. my point proven.

The reason is the Indian team does not cultivate a nature of explosive hitting rather conservative tuk tuking.. therefore this makes young players try to emulate what the Indian TM is looking for in IPL. Even if there are explosive Indian players dotted around, they never get picked for India or get picked and never actually play a game or get dropped after one low score

25 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

so the best T20 league in the world does not produce the best players.. my point proven.

The reason is the Indian team does not cultivate a nature of explosive hitting rather conservative tuk tuking.. therefore this makes young players try to emulate what the Indian TM is looking for in IPL. Even if there are explosive Indian players dotted around, they never get picked for India or get picked and never actually play a game or get dropped after one low score

Who told you it is best t20 league and leagues don't produce talent.You seem to have a misconception about IPL or any other leagues producing talent.IPL is the most lucrative league and if you have any other expectations from it you are going tobe disappointed.

Another misconception of yours, TM is not stopping these players from playing expolsive cricket in IPL, they just don't have the talent to do it. Prime examples are Dhoni and Pandya who have been  parading as these so called explosive players are anything but explosive.

When you have such a huge selection pool there are bound to have some mistakes but no explosive batsmen has been left out by selectors IMO.

Edited by putrevus
21 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/wpl-auction-signings-set-to-skip-the-hundred-amid-packed-schedule-1358876

LOLWA for ECB... now all the top womens stars will opt for the WPL rather than the Hundred because the pay is much greater.

Hmmmm so three are unavailable in which 2 of them have never played in the hundred and after McGrath's performance last year she won't be missed 

2 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Hmmmm so three are unavailable in which 2 of them have never played in the hundred and after McGrath's performance last year she won't be missed 

going forwards i mean.. Aussie/NZ players will realise WIPL is more lucrative and skip the Hundred. Most prob Indian players will do the same.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

going forwards i mean.. Aussie/NZ players will realise WIPL is more lucrative and skip the Hundred. Most prob Indian players will do the same.

Most Aussies are not receiving big WPL contracts and the hundred is all about bringing English players on by playing 8 players in the team .

Going forward next year in 2024 Australia, South Africa, England and New Zealand have tours during Feb and March so already there is a huge problem for women's international cricket 

On 2/14/2023 at 2:22 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

Most probably it won't stop the Indian player who has played last two years and being the highest paid woman in women's cricket from playing in this year's Hundred .

3 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Perry. Healy , King, Sutherland , Kerr. Dottin, Kapp, Mandhana,, Matthews are all coming back to this year's Hundred with others to be in the auction,  so at least for this year's Hundred your prediction is wrong . 

when did I say this year's Hundred? I said going forward... that could mean in the next 2/3 years..