Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

gill at 3, pant (pure batter) at 4, sarfaraz at 5, sundar at 6 will be an excellent MO in future. here, I am assuming pant's keeping career is finished, but that he can make it back as pure batter.

if not, I would like Iyer at 4 in SC and someone else at 4 overseas.

Edited by Vijy
1 hour ago, Vijy said:

gill at 3, pant (pure batter) at 4, sarfaraz at 5, sundar at 6 will be an excellent MO in future. here, I am assuming pant's keeping career is finished, but that he can make it back as pure batter.

Pant is not known as a good fielder in the outfield. Even when he debuted alongside Dhoni, his fielding efforts were mediocre.
That's one advantage that Ishan Kishan or Sanju Samson carry over him.
Pant is young and is a mentally tough kid, I really hope he bounces back from this setback stronger than ever. 

19 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Pant is not known as a good fielder in the outfield. Even when he debuted alongside Dhoni, his fielding efforts were mediocre.
That's one advantage that Ishan Kishan or Sanju Samson carry over him.
Pant is young and is a mentally tough kid, I really hope he bounces back from this setback stronger than ever. 

being mentally tough is not sufficient to overcome certain physical injuries. many sportspeople, regardless of mental toughness, are never the same post major injury

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I will be very surprised if Pant makes it back at the same level performance wise before the accident.

Very sad.

Simon doull was absolutely right about gill being way superior than Shaw, a slightly higher backlight or longer flow of the bat made people think Shaw was special but he infact at times is a walking wicket, sad because this should have been sorted out by Mumbai coaches during his under age cricket period.

2 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Simon doull was absolutely right about gill being way superior than Shaw, a slightly higher backlight or longer flow of the bat made people think Shaw was special but he infact at times is a walking wicket, sad because this should have been sorted out by Mumbai coaches during his under age cricket period.

Gill started performing after 2 years, Shaw hasn't had that backing.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:32 AM, Mesky99 said:

This was found out even in under-19 days. We could spot the looseness in Shaw's strokeplay even back then. Where as Gill had great sense of length and played accordingly. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

This was found out even in under-19 days. We could spot the looseness in Shaw's strokeplay even back then. Where as Gill had great sense of length and played accordingly. 

What Gill lacked those days was power in his shots...while Shaw was ultra aggressive.

Gill was a calm head whil Shaw was fire vs fire. Naturally people like thrill, plus he was from Mumbai so that helped.

On 5/27/2023 at 3:08 AM, express bowling said:

One of the best T20 innings I have ever seen. That too in a crucial knockout match.

129 off just 60 balls with 10 freaking 6s. 

Gill is special. 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, express bowling said:

Jaiswal has matured and added a lot of power. Hitting big 6s easily now. Hitting high pace too. 

He has the run machine mentality and great hunger for runs.

Needs to play for India ASAP

High time these two open for India in t20's. Enough of Rohit and Kohli. 

On 5/27/2023 at 7:38 AM, express bowling said:

One of the best T20 innings I have ever seen. That too in a crucial knockout match.

129 off just 60 balls with 10 freaking 6s. 

Gill is special. 

His knock vs aus in gabba alone is better than any match winning knock coolie has produced.

1. Gill & Jaiswal  as openers 

2. Tilak at #3

4. Surya at # 4 

5. ???

Looks almost settled for short format in future .

So happy 3 of my punts on batsmen making BIG is coming through. well - Gill, Jaiswal & Tilak.

Need another U21 for MO to come through .Not yet found the right kid to punt on.