Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

11 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If Gill and Jaiswal don't open for India in T20 cricket ASAP and in 50 overs after the World Cup, the Indian team should be boycotted by all and sundry. 

Currently,  these 2 are miles ahead of the rest and no excuse is good enough not to give them 20 matches on the trot. 

lol gill has been opening in 50 overs. Jaiswal might have to wait Rohit sharma.

33 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

India has enough talent in the pipeline. Just that selectors are no good.

Slight correction, selectors are very good, at picking duds for ICC multi side tourneys. Tuktuk batters and PhukPhuk bowlers.

I am particularly amazed by how they prefer experience over a player's current form. No wonder we haven't won any big ICC trophies in a long time now. 

Chuckte Raho

TC

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pipeline has become clogged due amount of talent, but selectors being selectors aren't doing anything to clear the pipeline...and all selecting the same old trio who has created the jam at first place.

I guess Kohli, Rohit they all debuted in 19-20 years of age and it took them 3-5 years to find their groove (Rohit and his maggi joke till 2012)...while batters now are so much scrutinized that they have to perform from first series itself, and even then there is no certainty because an experienced batter can replace them anytime.

Edited by singhvivek141
On 5/30/2023 at 7:58 PM, singhvivek141 said:

Pipeline has become clogged due amount of talent, but selectors being selectors aren't doing anything to clear the pipeline...and all selecting the same old trio who has created the jam at first place.

I guess Kohli, Rohit they all debuted in 19-20 years of age and it took them 3-5 years to find their groove (Rohit and his maggi joke till 2012)...while batters now are so much scrutinized that they have to perform from first series itself, and even then there is no certainty because an experienced batter can replace them anytime.

Rahane's selection in the WTC, is all the proof you need that no kid will get an opportunity to thrive in the Indian Cricket side.

Its the most backward step Indian Cricket has made and there has been many too

8 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Rahane's selection in the WTC, is all the proof you need that no kid will get an opportunity to thrive in the Indian Cricket side.

Its the most backward step Indian Cricket has made and there has been many too

Rahane was picked after just 2 IPL knocks. He sure turned it around in IPl after 15 years of cricket !! But that should have been viewed just like how we viewed Mohit sharma's turnaround, Piyush chawla's turnaround. Good they  are doing well. But they shouldn't even come into picture for selection.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:00 AM, vvvslaxman said:

India's batting pipeline looks great. Bowling reserves look weak, particularly pacers. Not one pacer made a mark in this year's IPL. To some extent, Madhwal, but that's about it

1 minute ago, bowl_out said:

India's batting pipeline looks great. Bowling reserves look weak, particularly pacers. Not one pacer made a mark in this year's IPL. To some extent, Madhwal, but that's about it

Trundler friendly pitches and franchises themselves who didn't have confidence.  Even foreign pacers were sidelined. Ferguson, Alzaari Joseph.  Tyagi got one chance. Umran a couple. If we strictly talk about genuinely quick, among the noobs Pathirana was the one who survived.  

I don’t want to judge a player on hearsay. So I will skip the rumors about partying etc .There was So much talk about how Rohit was too casual and didn’t care or Kohli had attitude problems but didn’t matter in the end.

however you look at Shaw, here is a guy from a powerhouse cricket region: Mumbai. that helps him to stay in the limelight more than say players from smaller regions. That’s again not his fault. It is what it is.

Despite that backing, he has failed to maintain fitness. How do I know that? Well not just the way he looks but you can see the way he runs between the wickets or in the outfield. Am I the only one who noticed it?  It’s not like he is in late 20’s or 30’s. He is in the prime age for an athlete.

on top of that he has technical issues which haven’t shown any improvement over the years and last but not the least failed to make an impact or grab chances whenever he got the opportunity. Gill, Iyer etc have hardly put a foot wrong since their debuts and they even then they are still trying to find a place at X1. Gill has now officially cemented his slot though. 

Trust me I am a huge fan of Shaw’s strokeplay but that doesn’t mean we have to overlook the obvious issues and make BCCI, Jay Shah, captain, coach, selectors and everyone and their mother the culprit for Shaw’s failures.

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Harshit Rana was quite impressive. Has the qualities to be an all condition and all format pacer.  

Madhwal is just T20 material and already 29. 

Jaiswal was good in this IPL, showed mental toughness. And was able to score at a better SR than and Intnl player-Butler.

This is a big thing for a Domestic batter to outperform intnl player in terms of SR. Paddikal had a break-out season as well but his role as for most Ind domestic batter is to pass on the strike to foreign intnl player and hopefully in the process get some 30-40 rums at 130 SR. 

If Jaiswal can add modern T20 shots like ramp, reverse etc he will be great addition to the Ind team, also he is lefthander at the top plus he bowls some leg-spin

On 6/2/2023 at 12:09 PM, express bowling said:

Harshit Rana was quite impressive. Has the qualities to be an all condition and all format pacer.  

Madhwal is just T20 material and already 29. 

Best that Madhwal can hope for is to be a Mohit Sharma and have a  good IPL career. And that's great.  India needs better bowlers than him.

3 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Jaiswal was good in this IPL, showed mental toughness. And was able to score at a better SR than and Intnl player-Butler.

This is a big thing for a Domestic batter to outperform intnl player in terms of SR. Paddikal had a break-out season as well but his role as for most Ind domestic batter is to pass on the strike to foreign intnl player and hopefully in the process get some 30-40 rums at 130 SR. 

If Jaiswal can add modern T20 shots like ramp, reverse etc he will be great addition to the Ind team, also he is lefthander at the top plus he bowls some leg-spin

We just look at IPL. His first-class temperament is cut above his competition.  They should give him a run regardless of whether he immediately clicks or not.  

I back Sarfraz. But if he is serious about national selection he bloody has to sweat his ass off and lose a lot of weight. I am all for his selection right now. But selectors clearly look for fitness. So he should address that. If he doesn't do that that means he is not serious about his international career. Uthappa had a medical condition. He just could not lose weight. But he bloody worked hard. I expect such commitment from these players.  There is a huge incentive playing for India. Why is this guy not realizing it?

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I back Sarfraz. But if he is serious about national selection he bloody has to sweat his ass off and lose a lot of weight. I am all for his selection right now. But selectors clearly look for fitness. So he should address that. If he doesn't do that that means he is not serious about his international career. Uthappa had a medical condition. He just could not lose weight. But he bloody worked hard. I expect such commitment from these players.  There is a huge incentive playing for India. Why is this guy not realizing it?

He ie fit bro sadly doesn't look it due to metabolism issues. He puts on weight easy. 

33 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli has openly told him "his fitness is not letting him get to next level". They do look at it before selecting. He has to find a way.

ah well. not much we can do. it is what it is. he has to work hard now. same with shaw.