Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Today we saw the coming of age of Shubman Gill.  208 off just 149 balls with 9 sixes. SR of 140 against NZ.

Things that I liked .....

.. Improved defence in the last few months 

.. Improved front foot game in the last few months. Solid back foot game was always there.

.. Power game and hitting really powerful.strokes has improved. Timing was always there.

.. Much improved 6 hitting and big hitting ability

.. Can hit both 145 k+ pace and spin

.. Mindset to play big innings has been developed in the last few months.

Realy enjoying his batting.

Gill is averaging 69 in ODIs now at an SR of 109.

Kneel down to keeeng,just a match before scored a 100
Thankless lot,this ICF Boobie all phase bowler ,

Yashasvi Jaiswal is another one which I like a lot, kid has an average of 77 in FC and 53 in List A....is a solid left handed opener with good technique and temperament (the way he marshalled his inns in the U-19 Final when wickets where were falling. Looks to me mentally strong like Gambhir with strong on both aggressive and defensive game. Is a good fielder and can bowl part time leg spin (both leg break and googly).

Shaw is anyway the obvious choice for shorter formats, has a zing in his strokeplay. He like Sehwag can just demoralize the opponent bowlers with his strokeplay and fear factor.

Edited by singhvivek141
9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yashasvi Jaiswal is another one which I like a lot, kid has an average of 77 in FC and 53 in List A....is a solid left handed opener with good technique and temperament (the way he marshalled his inns in the U-19 Final when wickets where were falling. Looks to me mentally strong like Gambhir with strong on both aggressive and defensive game. Is a good fielder and can bowl part time leg spin (both leg break and googly).

Jaiswal maybe a solid batsman but not sure if he a special batsman.

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Shaw is anyway the obvious choice for shorter formats, has a zing in his strokeplay. He like Sehwag can just demoralize the opponent bowlers with his strokeplay and fear factor.

True 

2 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Sarfaraz's hundred yesterday was top notch. So much control and let lose when it was time, including that straight six:omg:

Reminds me of another one, couple of seasons back when Mumbai were were reeling against Himachal in an early morning start where he had rescued them.

He is 25 now, he deserves to play international cricket

I was amazed how easily Sarfraz was viciously hitting Harshit Rana for 6s when every other batter was rattled by his pace and bounce later on.  Was hitting swing and spin equally well while controlling the team's innings. Has a dominating style of play. 

He can be the next big Indian batter across formats, provided he gets his chances. 

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

I was amazed how easily Sarfraz was viciously hitting Harshit Rana for 6s when every other batter was rattled by his pace and bounce later on.  Was hitting swing and spin equally well while controlling the team's innings. Has a dominating style of play. 

He can be the next big Indian batter across formats, provided he gets his chances. 

Sarfraz

Gill

Shaw

Add in sundar who himself is a special talent.

Then we get in patidar

Rinku singh

Dhull

Potentially. It's insane.

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Want to see how Jaiswal strikes the ball against genuine pace and genuine spin. 

Some of his inns are on hotstar

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/sports/jaiswal-piles-on-ups-misery-with-181/1260105301 -> His 181 vs UP (it had bowling of Yash Dayal, Ankit Rajpoot, Shivam Mavi, Saurabh Kumar). Here he scored first run after 53 balls.

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/sports/young-jaiswal-makes-a-mark-with-265/1260116225 -> 265 vs South Zone in Duleep Trophy against bowlers like Thampi, Sai Kishore

Edited by singhvivek141