Tracking the progress of the Young Indian Special batsmen ( Gill, Pant, Jaiswal, Shaw .... names will be added )

Wasn't in favor of him in T20s but wasn't vehemently against it too. 

He is making quick progress in this format it was his 6th intl t20 game.

Special players do find ways to adapt in all formats e.g. KP, Kohli etc. He looks to be a special player at the moment.

Gill came out of the shadow with flyaing colours. I dont know if pant will be same pant before car accident. 

ishan has a long way to go.

Shaw : no chances given

Sarfarz : no chances given but he has fitness issue.

11 minutes ago, Number said:

Wasn't in favor of him in T20s but wasn't vehemently against it too. 

He is making quick progress in this format it was his 6th intl t20 game.

Special players do find ways to adapt in all formats e.g. KP, Kohli etc. He looks to be a special player at the moment.

he is very good against pace on flat tracks.very good ability in judging lengths,if he doesnt have to worry about movement off the pitch or in the air then his lack of footwork wont matter at all.

I am watching Cricbuzz live right now. Kartik and harsha had a good discussion about Rahul Tripathi. Harsha told that He is not afraid of anything. He could have just play little slow and made his half century. But he kept going. He mentioned how in 90 and even 00 dedades the new comers keep playing selfish inns because " moka mila hai pakak ke rakh."

Good to see these oldies are recognizing intent of Rahul.

I think it is time for Rohit & Virat to leave white ball format permanently after 2023 WC. We need to get these young players in the team. Sarfaraz needs to get in the Test team and batters than Jaiswal (Also left handed) will be a great addition. India need to start building for the future. The longer Virat and Rohit stick on we will be losing the best years of these players. Jaiswal is still young but Sarfaraz and Shaw need to get a look in. Tripathi has not nothing wrong in the chances he has got, so he needs to be in the mix for T20. Sundar needs to play in all three formats, not sure how he fell out of favour from the Test team. He showed in 2021/22 that he was one of our best Test batters especially against spin. Played the Aussie pace with ease at the Gabba. Time for India not not waste these talents. I feel time has come for us to look past KL Rahul in Tests as well. He has played for 8 years in Tests now and has an average of 34. There is a time you give up on some players.

Edited by StraightDrive26
1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

KL used to be so good. Dhoni school of batting left him nowhere.

He was treated badly due to presence of Dhawan, he used to be a selfless batter during 2014-2018.
Post that he changed his approach, became selfish, started piling runs in IPL and now is in a completely confused zone where he is neither here nor there.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:13 PM, Chakdephatte said:

Gill and Pant are in different league. Not talking about performance, just look at them batting, others are tier below them. 

Sarfraz Khan is even more special  in the way he handled pressure . If opportunity given to him ,  He will be wall of Michael Bevan of India  . But unfortunately  he is not being picked because of nepotism in Indian cricket . 

On 1/18/2023 at 10:38 PM, express bowling said:

Today we saw the coming of age of Shubman Gill.  208 off just 149 balls with 9 sixes. SR of 140 against NZ.

Things that I liked .....

.. Improved defence in the last few months 

.. Improved front foot game in the last few months. Solid back foot game was always there.

.. Power game and hitting really powerful.strokes has improved. Timing was always there.

.. Much improved 6 hitting and big hitting ability

.. Can hit both 145 k+ pace and spin

.. Mindset to play big innings has been developed in the last few months.

Realy enjoying his batting.

Gill is averaging 69 in ODIs now at an SR of 109.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I always liked Gill, but felt TM and Kohli held back Gill and his progress. They did the same with Pant too.

Once security of his place was a given he seemed to blossom more.

I also believed in Gill as a T20 player as well, many on here had doubts, but I felt he had the game in him to play T20 at elite level.

He should be groomed for Captaincy, by making him VC. Just so that he can learn more and more. Him being Captain is going to happen.

41 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Correct me if I am wrong here, but I always liked Gill, but felt TM and Kohli held back Gill and his progress. They did the same with Pant too.

Once security of his place was a given he seemed to blossom more.

I also believed in Gill as a T20 player as well, many on here had doubts, but I felt he had the game in him to play T20 at elite level.

He should be groomed for Captaincy, by making him VC. Just so that he can learn more and more. Him being Captain is going to happen.

It was very obvious. Remember Pant was being thrown under bus every time; Poor guy looked depressed at times. If it was not Kohli leaving for his child birth, he wouldn't have gotten that freedom and we would have lost the series.

Gill too wasn’t given chances when it was so obvious he was way better than Dhawan at age 21.

They held back Iyer for WC19 slot where they didn’t give him much chances even when he showed promise in few innings in 2017.

Edited by wanted_desi
46 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

It was very obvious. Remember Pant was being thrown under bus every time; Poor guy looked depressed at times. If it was not Kohli leaving for his child birth, he wouldn't have gotten that freedom and we would have lost the series.

Gill too wasn’t given chances when it was so obvious he was way better than Dhawan at age 21.

They held back Iyer for WC19 slot where they didn’t give him much chances even when he showed promise in few innings in 2017.

Kohli's child being born was the reason India won the series in Australia. :hysterical:

I do clearly remember Ashwin commenting on Australian broadcast network how the change room had a a better atmosphere with Rahane in charge.

Lets all not forget if Dhawan didnt have so many multiple failures in a row that Gill would still be out of the team.