1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

Why are our fans Lel scared of overseas pacers rofl. This is Asia. India. Indian pacers are much better. Even in bouncy conditions of Oz India did better than Oz bowlers. Even in englund. 

It's only nz we played poorly but that's due to batting. 

Yea sure shami and umesh are past their best now but they are still way better than hazletrundler starc and the new pace fodder. Prime shami shits on Cummins in Asia. But now yea sure he is past his peak. 

Edited by speedracer
9 hours ago, Nikola said:

Don't remember anyone other than o'keefe and he was decent bowler and we gave him rank turner so obviously he would look great.

You need to look back at remember the history of Australian bowlers in India.

Even batsman Clarke destroyed India with the ball.

2 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

did  a team get bowled out for 50 in this ground in the ranjis? hope we dont get a rank turner.

Absolutely I would love a rank turner, it really plays into our hands of winning the Test and also setting up a series win.

Aussies love to cry and complain about how ineffective their pace bowlers are in India.

Ash, Jaddu and Axar/Kuldeep will be unplayable. I only wish all 4 would play together.

Imagine Jaddu and Axar bowling in pairs.

24 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Absolutely I would love a rank turner, it really plays into our hands of winning the Test and also setting up a series win.

Aussies love to cry and complain about how ineffective their pace bowlers are in India.

Ash, Jaddu and Axar/Kuldeep will be unplayable. I only wish all 4 would play together.

Imagine Jaddu and Axar bowling in pairs.

Correction their pace bowlers are ineffective everywhere in Asia except Shitland aka Pakistan. 

Ex wpt for maybe cummo who may do ok because he is playing vs poor batsmen.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Another factor will be Rohit's captaincy. We have to wait and see whether he has that killer instinct.

One of the reasons why India defeated Australia in that infamous 2001 series, was because of Ganguly's captaincy, even though he didnt score many runs, he really pushed Australia with his tactics, intimidation and lack of respect for them.

IIRC didnt he take two wickets in the opening over of a test match vs Australia in that series?

Australia of 2000-2006 are so overrated. 

Mark Taylor's Aussies are way better. Punter's team played against piss poor bowling attacks and were made to look better than they are. 

I would even go as far as saying current Oz team from 15-23 is their 2nd best Oz team of all time after mark Taylor's great test side. 

Cummins

Hazletrundler

Starcy

Lyon

Green

That is as good as it gets in terms of bowling attacks. 

Edited by speedracer
39 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

One of the reasons why India defeated Australia in that infamous 2001 series, was because of Ganguly's captaincy, even though he didnt score many runs, he really pushed Australia with his tactics, intimidation and lack of respect for them.

IIRC didnt he take two wickets in the opening over of a test match vs Australia in that series?

Yes. To beat a side like Australia you need to be on your toes as a captain all the time. You cannot let the match drift. They will make you pay big.  Having right fielder at right position. Rotating the bowlers , using the bowlers at the right end, setting an example as a fielder.  Even LOI he proved his limitations in these areas. 

Think this will be the breakout series for Gill, Siraj and Kuldeep. These 3 will be our MVPs. If 3 of our guys peak we should win irrespective of the level of our opponents, our base level is just too good in these conditions. If more people join the party, this series will be a massacre. 

2013: Vijay, Pujara, Ashwin

2017: KLR, Jaddu, Umesh

But knowing Dravid-Rohit combo, SKY may start ahead of Gill, Unadkat ahead of Siraj and Kuldeep may not get a game till the test in Dharamsala. 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Clearly you have never been to either city in your life in feb. Delhi in mid feb rarely has fog, it's bright and sunny and blue skies. Best time to play cricket.

And himalayan towns do not have fogs like the plains. LOL

Delhi i have been and i am talking about fading lights. Dharmsala i havent.