1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Think this will be the breakout series for Gill, Siraj and Kuldeep. These 3 will be our MVPs. If 3 of our guys peak we should win irrespective of the level of our opponents, our base level is just too good in these conditions. If more people join the party, this series will be a massacre. 

2013: Vijay, Pujara, Ashwin

2017: KLR, Jaddu, Umesh

But knowing Dravid-Rohit combo, SKY may start ahead of Gill, Unadkat ahead of Siraj and Kuldeep may not get a game till the test in Dharamsala. 

Gill will play in all tests. Kuldeep not sure..Siraj and Shami will play first two tests and will be rotated. If we are 1-0 or 2-0 up after two tests India will play Kuldeep in last two tests with flat wickets:.

10 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Exactly its madness to underestimate Australia's bowlers when we know the history of recent cricket in India.

Many average SENA bowlers have literally destroyed India in the subcontinent.

Panesar

Shaun Udal

Root

Clarke

o keefe

and most recently Aijaz Patel with 10 for

the gamble india take is on balance of probabilities will aussies be continue to be better against Ash Jaddu Axar Kuldeep in spinning tracks compared to Indian batters being worse against lyon and todd murphy..

Edited by neel roy
2 hours ago, Gollum said:

On SC pitches our quicks are way better than the Aussies. Even though some of our main guns are injured I expect our quicks to outbowl theirs once again.

No need of rank turners, just prepare normal Indian tracks. 

Our quicks are better than sena quicks overall everywhere except in swing conditions where nz is slightly better. 

Even in SA our piece of **** batsmen cost us the game. Bowling was good. If only we had one tall bouncy bowler there like prasidh or siraj fully fit we could have still pipped them. Even ishu would be a nightmare to face there. 

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Panesar

Shaun Udal

Root

Clarke

o keefe

and most recently Aijaz Patel with 10 for

the gamble india take is on balance of probabilities will aussies be continue to be better against Ash Jaddu Axar Kuldeep in spinning tracks compared to Indian batters being worse against lyon and todd murphy..

Shaun Udall panesae all feasted on old washed up players of india. 

O keefe had one good game and sucked ass in the rest of the series. 

Ajax Patel lol. Indians literally gave away wickets after the game was over. They thrashed them in the second test.

Also Elgar Got. A few wickets. 

It's the same thing as a spicy track where guys like bhoobi and philtrundler can excel.

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Shaun Udall panesae all feasted on old washed up players of india. 

O keefe had one good game and sucked ass in the rest of the series. 

Ajax Patel lol. Indians literally gave away wickets after the game was over. They thrashed them in the second test.

Also Elgar Got. A few wickets. 

It's the same thing as a spicy track where guys like bhoobi and philtrundler can excel.

exactly.. thats what I am trying to say.. we indians are absolutely mental midgets.. just because bumraj siraj blew away aus in aus does it mean aussies will be scared and prepare dull tracks.. same goes for india.. just because india lost 4 tests at home in last 12 years due to spin we shouldnt hold back from making spinning tracks..

28 minutes ago, neel roy said:

exactly.. thats what I am trying to say.. we indians are absolutely mental midgets.. just because bumraj siraj blew away aus in aus does it mean aussies will be scared and prepare dull tracks.. same goes for india.. just because india lost 4 tests at home in last 12 years due to spin we shouldnt hold back from making spinning tracks..

We should never lose our identity. Remember, unlike other nations india don't play franchise cricket outside India. We don't have exposure to these other conditions hence our struggle in doing well in Ko games of icc tournaments. Bowling well in India means you have to be a really special player to be honest. For a pacer I.e. sure there are exceptions like unadkat etc. Pacers who excel in India will be much tougher and fitter than pacers from other countries due to how difficult the conditions and pitches are for pacers. In a way, I feel this is the right way to develop pacers as they can be deadly on even pattas. 

So considering we don't play franchise cricket outside India yet still continue to dominate in tests in conditions that are familiar to all these franchise players should tell you good this Indian side is in such conditions. It's not easy to be so dominant at home. No other team in history comes close. 

And yes we should prepare spin tracks that aid spin and has bounce and carry as well. That way our deadly pacers and spinners will suffocate this Oz side and choke them to death. 

Still, in saying that, due to so many injuri3s to key players, 4 infact and also nepotism based selections, unfortunately this will be closely contest series. I don't see Aussies winning but I can see india edging it 2-1. I would even take a draw because right now we are missing 4 key players plus we are carrying corpses like coolie ghujara and old fat rohit.

Not sure why autocorrect would change corpses to composes. Smh

Edited by speedracer

Hazelwood & Starc are out.  Boland will play first test.   He is a trundler who won't get much help in India.  They won't risk Lance Morris straightaway...  Might come in Dharamsala. 

Rahul

Rohit

Gujara (sadly) 

Kolli 

SKY/Gill ( 50-50 battle afaik) 

Jaddu

Bharat

Ashwin

Kuldeep/ Axar (Patel in case of a mine field) 

Siraj

Shami

Edited by Lone Wolf
2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hazelwood & Starc are out.  Boland will play first test.   He is a trundler who won't get much help in India.  They won't risk Lance Morris straightaway...  Might come in Dharamsala. 

Rahul

Rohit

Gujara (sadly) 

Kolli 

SKY/Gill ( 50-50 battle afaik) 

Jaddu

Bharat

Ashwin

Kuldeep/ Axar (Patel in case of a mine field) 

Siraj

Shami

As if starc will do **** in India. He averages close to 60 in India. 

And as if hazletrundler is going to do jack **** in India. 

Cummo is the danger man but even he isn't anything special in Asia. He may look good only due to our inept trifecta.

10 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hazelwood & Starc are out.  Boland will play first test.   He is a trundler who won't get much help in India. 

He will get at least some swing in the first session at Nagpur, it's still fairly chilly in most places around the country except South like Chennai. He also has a lot more control than Starc, maybe not as well as Hazlewood but just because he's slow don't take him lightly - when the ball swings we can be caught like deer in the headlights! Remember 36/9 also his lack of speed won't be too much of an issue unless he's spraying it around, Clouderson did well at the first test in Chennai 2021 even if with just the older ball.

indias biggest strength in tests which is not in loi s is its batting depth.. we have axar patel coming at no 9.. and is one of our best batters.. ashwin is in great form in batting and you cant count out Jaddu.. as ball goes old they can negotiate any bowler of aus.. remember even pakistan scored huge runs against aus.. it will be just a matter of how well we bowl to them

A bit off topic but did anyone watch the 2nd season of The Test: A New Era for Australia's Team. I quite enjoyed it. I really wish Amazon does one for the Indian team too. Considering the size of the fanbase, they can generate so much interest. 

Looking forward to this series. I really hope it's not one sided for the sake of cricket. 

4 hours ago, speedracer said:

As if starc will do **** in India. He averages close to 60 in India. 

And as if hazletrundler is going to do jack **** in India. 

Cummo is the danger man but even he isn't anything special in Asia. He may look good only due to our inept trifecta.

On a rank Turner u rely on spinners but pacers provide control.  Starc is a freak who can turn the heat or prime Starc used to take pitch outta equation.  Take a look at his effort in SL in 2016....  That was one of the best a SENA pacer has performed in SC in last decade.   Unfortunately for him he is the one left armer our batters love to face. 

Hazelwood has always been our trouble maker.  I have seen us slipping to Kyle Jamieson in India with new ball or some random Lankan pacers with some iota of swing. 

Overall against our oldie line up I can't rule out anything. 

3 hours ago, neel roy said:

indias biggest strength in tests which is not in loi s is its batting depth.. we have axar patel coming at no 9.. and is one of our best batters.. ashwin is in great form in batting and you cant count out Jaddu.. as ball goes old they can negotiate any bowler of aus.. remember even pakistan scored huge runs against aus.. it will be just a matter of how well we bowl to them

i want Kuldeep to play as the third spinner.it will provide us with thE greatest variety and he is in great form.

14 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

On a rank Turner u rely on spinners but pacers provide control.  Starc is a freak who can turn the heat or prime Starc used to take pitch outta equation.  Take a look at his effort in SL in 2016....  That was one of the best a SENA pacer has performed in SC in last decade.   Unfortunately for him he is the one left armer our batters love to face. 

Hazelwood has always been our trouble maker.  I have seen us slipping to Kyle Jamieson in India with new ball or some random Lankan pacers with some iota of swing. 

Overall against our oldie line up I can't rule out anything. 

That's the part I am referring to. These foreign bowlers are nothing special. 

Our local talent is far superior in pace bowling. It's just nepotism stopping us from picking them. 

Starc lol did well when? When he was chucking? 

Hazletrundler won't do **** 

Only reason these bowlers will look good is due to inept batting. Poor batsmen succumbing to their innocuous bowling. If we play our full strength team I wouldn't be surprised if  we win 3 0. 

But knowing what we will pick due to nepotism etc and favouritism I expect a hard fought series. Either 2 -1 india or draw. 

Here is my team 

Rohit 

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahul (WK)

Jadeja

Ashwin

Axar/Kuldeep

Umesh

Siraj

Shami

Axar and Kuldeep can be rotated as 3rd spinner or even play 4 spinners and sacrifice one of the fast bowler on a dust bowl. Never been more excited for Indian bowling in tests more than batting. 6 genuine match winning bowling options, has that ever happened before?

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, maniac said:

Here is my team 

Rohit 

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahul (WK)

Jadeja

Ashwin

Axar/Kuldeep

Umesh

Siraj

Shami

Axar and Kuldeep can be rotated as 3rd spinner or even play 4 spinners and sacrifice one of the fast bowler on a dust bowl. Never been more excited for Indian bowling in tests more than batting. 6 genuine match winning bowling options, has that ever happened before?

We don't need 3 pacers.

Rahul won't keep so will need Bharat/Kishan in.

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Here is my team 

Rohit 

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Rahul (WK)

Jadeja

Ashwin

Axar/Kuldeep

Umesh

Siraj

Shami

Are bhai more or less 7-8 years our test bowling has been more exciting than batting. Moreover many of of our bowlers have made handy/clutch contributions with the bat especially at home, while our batsmen don't bowl, are inconsistent with the bat and drop multiple catches every single test. 

The reason why we have enjoyed such a good phase in test cricket is our bottom 5, in all conditions. Pair the present bunch of pacers, spinners and keeper with fab 4 team and we'll more or less get our Indian ATG XI, at least 80-90% of maximum strength.