1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

1 hour ago, Number said:

Sports tak/today is reporting that India is using extreme level of home advantage.

Australia has 6 left handers. 

India has no left handers in top 6.

So the area outside left hander's off stump is left dry and is not being rolled either. :hatsoff::hysterical:

....III....

.......x.

...x.......

.....III..

Area X is left dry and no roller on this area.:hysterical:

Watch how Ash and Jaddu will deliberately scuff up the off stump area for the lefties when they bat, lol. :hysterical:

4 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

They did well last tour sa, they kept India in the game thou our batting was border line minnow level, SA chased down at the end but Ashwin was rubbish in both tests, we needed a bit more height but the seamers did well, India seamers were terrific in eng 2021, their numbers stack up great overall.

Even picking ishu would have done the job in SA. Just needed some height.

But it was batting that let us down. Ishu or prasidh.

20 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Even picking ishu would have done the job in SA. Just needed some height.

But it was batting that let us down. Ishu or prasidh.

We lost test 2 and 3 by 7 wickets each - yes batsmen could have put up a higher total for I4 but the ease with which SA in T2 and T3 chased down the 200+ score does mean that the bowlers were ineffective in I4.

Scores chased down in I4 were 243/3 and 212/3.  Three wickets claimed for 200+ runs is weak in I4.

None of the innings in T2 and T3 had a total more than 300. So low scoring matches. Indian bowlers/seamers just were not good in I4.

Speaking of England 21/22 reason I said they were patchy is they were good in tests we won and the drawn match but including WTC not so good in 3 tests.

WTC final I4 we could only do 140/2 with NZ batting. Those 2 wickets were to Ashwin so the seamers laid an egg.

Then of course the Root/Bairstow partnership in I4 of T5 and 378/3.

18 minutes ago, AKane said:

We lost test 2 and 3 by 7 wickets each - yes batsmen could have put up a higher total for I4 but the ease with which SA in T2 and T3 chased down the 200+ score does mean that the bowlers were ineffective in I4.

Scores chased down in I4 were 243/3 and 212/3.  Three wickets claimed for 200+ runs is weak in I4.

None of the innings in T2 and T3 had a total more than 300. So low scoring matches. Indian bowlers/seamers just were not good in I4.

Yea because pitch got flatter and flatter. It got progressively flatter. We should have batted a lot better. 

We dint pick the fight players and no siraj who played half fit in test 2 and was injured in test 3. We need prasidh who was rearing to go. He had the pace height and bounce. But no.......we will debut him after 35.

What was the point of having ashwin there in sA? Should have played chahar for those conditions or anyone else who can bowl seam and bat a bit. 

Edited by speedracer
9 minutes ago, AKane said:

Speaking of England 21/22 reason I said they were patchy is they were good in tests we won and the drawn match but including WTC not so good in 3 tests.

WTC final I4 we could only do 140/2 with NZ batting. Those 2 wickets were to Ashwin so the seamers laid an egg.

Then of course the Root/Bairstow partnership in I4 of T5 and 378/3.

Again poor selections for wtc. Picking injured bumrah who dint fully recover for finals instead of red hot in form siraj. Also wrong selections to include ashwin in green wickets. 

And picking wrong batsmen. All washed up old hags.

9 hours ago, Lord said:

would be epic if true lol

oh its true - Bharat Sunderasan tweeted a picture out that shows the watered pitch with 2 glaring rectangles left dry on lefthander's offside on either end of the wicket. 

This doesn't really sit well with me somehow - its one thing to prep a pitch favoring spin or whatever but this is a bit much....

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

oh its true - Bharat Sunderasan tweeted a picture out that shows the watered pitch with 2 glaring rectangles left dry on lefthander's offside on either end of the wicket. 

This doesn't really sit well with me somehow - its one thing to prep a pitch favoring spin or whatever but this is a bit much....

I love it, its a big welcome to India for the Australians.

I hope a grenade or two is thrown overnight onto the pitch.

2 hours ago, AKane said:

Isn't this overkill? 

Why do spinners get treated like favourite child in India and pacers like a stepchild? Then outside India we want the pacers to do the heavy lifting. Come back to India and back to stepchild status for pacers.

Huge overkill, but can you imagine how intimidating it will be for bowling pairs like Jaddu and Axar or Axar and Kuldeep or Ashwin and Kuldeep.

Its mental disintegration, Indian style.

Not to mention I feel more confident with all 4 spinners if it means KL or Kohli dont play. Otherwise the reality is only 3 spinners, I think they will start with Ash, Jaddu and Axar.