1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

47 minutes ago, Nikola said:

my question is would they make pitch around left handers a rank turner (by keeping only that region dry) if pant and sundar were playing?

No they wouldnt.

They should tell the Australians they did this because they are not playing, otherwise they wouldnt have. :hysterical:

Aussies will be hopping around like kangaroos for the next two months in India dodging our turning pitches.:dance:

This is my Final XI that I believe TM will pick:

Fatman

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

KL

Bharat

Jaddu

Ash

Axar

Shami

Siraj

The pitch would have to be an insane turner from ball 1 for India to depart from the 2 pace bowler selection. Didnt happen vs England or SA IIRC?

Kishan has struggled a bit of late, so Bharat to get the job as WK.

Fatman, Pujara, Kohli and KL, nepotism picks themselves.

Gill over SKY and opening as well. Rare vein of form he is in.

Axar over Kuldeep, this will be treacherous for batting, Kuldeep better suited to flatter pitches.

Shami with the old ball and Siraj is in great Test form.

Ashwin for all the Aussie lefties and Jaddu the 3D player and like Axar he is arguably even more deadly on these pitches.

Just now, sarchasm said:

PxcAaOO.jpg

Literally a DOGLA pitch - one for the right hander and quite the other for lefties.

Who conceived this? Must be an absolute DOGLA individual.

If the curator comes to Melbourne, I will take him out for dinner.

Beautiful turner of a pitch.

Fatman must win toss, bat first and bat Australia out of the match.

4 hours ago, sarchasm said:

@raki05 Did you see the pictures of Nagpur pitch and how Dravid is actively overseeing it? Like I said, there is no bigger dougla in Indian cricket right now than Rahul Dravid.

God help the poor curator if the team still manages to lose the test despite these underhanded tactics. 

I dint see it and don't wanna see his constipated face. I got the idea from your post may be another curator on the firing line.

Edited by raki05

Nothing is more exciting to me than seeing our Indian spinners torture SENA teams in India.

I rarely get to see this quality of cricket in prime time viewing, so its an absolute luxury to sit down after work and have a beer and a pizza and see all the fun.

I can never find good quality HD highlights on youtube of Axar torturing the Poms and SA.

Similar to the Eng vs Ind WC group game in 2019 where they chose a pitch so that boundary dimensions were totally in favor of southpaws and tough for right handers. ridiculous boundary dimensions there  Happened under ICC's watch, that was a must win game for Poms to stay in the competition.

We don't need to go to such extremes to win this series.

18 minutes ago, raki05 said:

I dint see it and don't wanna see his constipated face. I got the idea from your post may be another curator on the firing line.

Hopefully Dravid has a shovel tonight and is "fixing" the pitch in readiness for the 1st Test.

I would love to see a crater outside the off stump for the left handers, lol.

The irony here is that arguably our two best batters could be Jaddua and Axar.

51 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

I am a huge supporter of rank turners and don't mind 2 days test matches at all. But this Left-Right differential pitch curating (if true) is not cool. We don't need this Chindi Chori to win in India. 

Yeah, looks bad. 

I know how Australians think, they will be angry and feel this is unsportsmanlike behaviour.

They will come out with a strategy to counteract this ploy by us.

Seriously, I just Pant was here to add to the verbal warfare, Im not happy about having a "Temporary Wicketkeeper". :hysterical:

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

I am a huge supporter of rank turners and don't mind 2 days test matches at all. But this Left-Right differential pitch curating (if true) is not cool. We don't need this Chindi Chori to win in India. 

If I was in India at Nagpur I would be digging up the pitch overnight outside off stump.

I think this is hilarious.

Dont think Indians havent suffered from dirty filthy tactics in SENA countries for decades.

Question has to be asked, is it derelict for India not to play 4 spinners if the pitch is as bad as what it appears to be?

I presume the favoured one would be Siraj here, so the question to be asked is would a 4th spinner do more damage than Shami?????

On that Nagpur Pitch I saw, YES.