1st Test Nagpur, February 09 - 13, 2023, Australia tour of India - PREMATCH

SRT100

44 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not complaining. But under Rahul Dravid pitch focus is more. If it backfires it will be on Dravid

I feel Dravid interferes too damn much with the pitches, or atleast he's unable to conceal it. I don't think the current 'Left-Right pitch chutiyapa' is the brain child of the curators or the BCCI babus. The instructions must have come from the TM which Dravid heads. 

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why is Rahul a sure starter in the side. Stupid team selections, Sarfraz should have been in the team in place of SKY.

Fav son of Dravid and Co. They would have in T20 as captain over Hardik too if they were given choice. Selectors had to put paddle on the brakes to stop them. 

Only way he would be dropped: He has bad series and India loses.  

8 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Fav son of Dravid and Co. They would have in T20 as captain over Hardik too if they were given choice. Selectors had to put paddle on the brakes to stop them. 

Only way he would be dropped: He has bad series and India loses.  

He was awful in Bangladesh that too as captain in all four innings he batted in that series. I don't think he should be the opener.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He was awful in Bangladesh that too as captain in all four innings he batted in that series. I don't think he should be the opener.

He shouldn't be. There are atleast 10 players in domestic I would take over him. 

I am not sure why Shaw is not being looked as opener in test matches; just one bad match in that 36 All-Out. If not Shaw, there is Jaiswal waiting in wings. 

Edited by wanted_desi
1 minute ago, wanted_desi said:

He shouldn't be. There are atleast 10 players in domestic I would take over him. 

I am not sure why Shaw is not being looked as opener in test matches; just one bad match in that 36 All-Out. If not Shaw, there is Jaiswal waiting in wings. 

Shaw has been exiled from Indian test team over one pink ball test in Australia where entire team folded for 36.  

Shaw could have been Veeru's heir for India as opener, across formats.  But for whatever reason, he's not being backed.  Both Shaw and Samson are players that I personally feel have not gotten a fair shake.  

3 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Gill is there and in great form, he should be the opener.Taking punt on SKY is not a bad option but I would have given Sarfraz a go unless he failed in YO yo test.

If Rohit can pass Yo YO test then Sarfraz can too.

20 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

It is good for us. They are't winning with that attitude. 

To be clear, it's their media, ex cricketers and fans who are whining. Their cricketers haven't uttered a word yet. They look dead serious about winning this series. 

"Speaking about Gill and Surya, they obviously bring different things to the table for us. Gill obviously has been in supreme form in the last three to four months, a lot of hundreds, big hundreds as well. And on the other hand, Surya has shown in T20 cricket what he's capable of and what sort of game he can bring to Test cricket as well. So both are quality options for us. "

I have heard people mixing up T20 with ODIs, but T20 with Test Cricket makes you sounds like an idiot. 

If SKY plays, we will have 4 underserving batsman in the line up out of 5. Might as well give trophy to Australia in that case. 

3 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

To be clear, it's their media, ex cricketers and fans who are whining. Their cricketers haven't uttered a word yet. They look dead serious about winning this series. 

Their cricketers know how to manage PR - their whining about the pitch is on full display when they lost their home series to India - Langer, and entire Aus pace bowling unit is shown whining in the Amazon documentary series - the narrative is not that Pujara bested the Australian bowling unit with his discipline and batting - its that the wickets in Australia, prepared by Australian cricket board employees were somehow overly "subcontinental" and "didn't give a chance to Aussie bowlers", who tirelessly toiled against the odds and went down fighting. 

Just because Cummins or Smith hasn't said something outright stupid as an on-the-record quote, does  not mean that they aren't whining. 

Why are you surprised, this TM (basically drunken Master & Brat) played Kuldeep & Ashwin on the greenest deck at Lord's that I've seen in a lifetime & played 4 WK's at 2019 WC semis - this would be par for course with them :pop2:

Oh did I mention he announced the team just a day before the WTC final & didn't change it even when the first day was washed out :hysterical:

Edited by R!TTER
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

To be fair Aussies give fair pitches when India travel there. I don't think we should do what we did against England that will back fire on us. Their batting is more adapt in playing spinners than our batsman.

Indian team at this point is strong enough to win across multiple conditions - the extra turn friendly tracks are there to manage the scenario where a touring team wins the toss and piles up 500 in the 1st innings.  That's really the only way for touring teams to have a chance to win - if they get to bat on a flat track, put up scoreboard pressure and the currently frail Indian batting unit crumbles in the 1st dig - then game over for India.  

That's why the emphasis on turn, to ensure that losing the toss doesn't jack the odds against India too badly.

2 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I have heard people mixing up T20 with ODIs, but T20 with Test Cricket makes you sounds like an idiot. 

If SKY plays, we will have 4 underserving batsman in the line up out of 5. Might as well give trophy to Australia in that case. 

David Warner has become of one of greatest test openers in Australian history.He was at20 only player.

So graduating to test cricket from t20s for a batsman like SKY should not not that big deal.The one team SKY can play attacking cricket in test against is Australia, they always play to win so they will always have attacking fields.

Will he succeed is yet to be seen but I would not say it is wrong selection.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Indian team at this point is strong enough to win across multiple conditions - the extra turn friendly tracks are there to manage the scenario where a touring team wins the toss and piles up 500 in the 1st innings.  That's really the only way for touring teams to have a chance to win - if they get to bat on a flat track, put up scoreboard pressure and the currently frail Indian batting unit crumbles in the 1st dig - then game over for India.  

That's why the emphasis on turn, to ensure that losing the toss doesn't jack the odds against India too badly.

If Indian team is strong enough to win across multiple conditions then it should be able to back their bowlers with good enough score if they bowl first on a flat deck.

While I understand your point on having turning tracks to negate the toss but it can backfire too like Pune 2017.

The only team I want to have fair pitches is against Aussies.To me that will get the best of both teams and let the better team win the series.That does not mean we roll out flat pitches but let us not play on Bunsen burners.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

If Indian team is strong enough to win across multiple conditions then it should be able to back their bowlers with good enough score if they bowl first on a flat deck.

While I understand your point on having turning tracks to negate the toss but it can backfire too like Pune 2017.

The only team I want to have fair pitches is against Aussies.To me that will get the best of both teams and let the better team win the series.That does not mean we roll out flat pitches but let us not play on Bunsen burners.

yeah, I am not in favor of Pune type crazy pitches - that only reduces the game to a lottery and makes it easier for lesser skilled touring teams to pull off upsets.