Hindenburg group accuses Adani group of fraud

gattaca

12 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Dude, I have been at Wall Street on the buy side for more than a decade. This is Wall Street way. Attack when attacked. 

the analysis on hindenburgs website is Bells and whistles, utter tripe. 

Pathetic third grade analysis. 

He is attacking adani cos for having high PE and PS ratios relative to industry standard and hence they should have an implied downside.

that’s gutter level analysis. Amazon,  Tesla and several other giants today have had astronomical PEs for an extended period of time. 

Then he goes on to attack the corporate governance at adani because all key positions are family and close associates. How is that any different from Ambani, who is passing the mantle to his children ? it’s a known fact that Indian corporates where founder families are major share holders - have poor corporate governance. 

then he brings up Muhua Moitra’s comment on adani stocks. The moment you refer that Mamtas screaming angry attack beaaach, you lose all credibility and that’s when I stopped reading his through crap analysis. 

I predict this will end very very badly for Hindenburg. 

I predict your prediction is wrong.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I predict your prediction is wrong.

Lets see. You probably don't understand jackshite from Hindenburgs crappy unprofessional report. But thats another matter.

Expect a brutal reply from Adani with a legal recourse. 

But if I were Adani, I would short squeeze Hindenburg's other shorts and bankrupt him. 

51 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Lets see. You probably don't understand jackshite from Hindenburgs crappy unprofessional report. But thats another matter.

Expect a brutal reply from Adani with a legal recourse. 

But if I were Adani, I would short squeeze Hindenburg's other shorts and bankrupt him. 

That I agree with. Markets, I clearly don't understand and your background knowledge in Wall St makes you better.

But anytime someone rises at such a disproportionate rate, there has to be an explanation.

I hope Hindenberg is wrong too but so many shell companies exist or they do not.

Still no lawsuit. Day 3 and counting.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

That I agree with. Markets, I clearly don't understand and your background knowledge in Wall St makes you better.

But anytime someone rises at such a disproportionate rate, there has to be an explanation.

I hope Hindenberg is wrong too but so many shell companies exist or they do not.

Still no lawsuit. Day 3 and counting.

You expect a $ 200B conglomerate to give a hurried 3 day reply ? 

he will respond in a manner that Hindenburg will be shut up…. Perhaps for ever. 

19 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Dude, I have been at Wall Street on the buy side for more than a decade. This is Wall Street way. Attack when attacked. 

the analysis on hindenburgs website is Bells and whistles, utter tripe. 

Pathetic third grade analysis. 

He is attacking adani cos for having high PE and PS ratios relative to industry standard and hence they should have an implied downside.

that’s gutter level analysis. Amazon,  Tesla and several other giants today have had astronomical PEs for an extended period of time. 

Then he goes on to attack the corporate governance at adani because all key positions are family and close associates. How is that any different from Ambani, who is passing the mantle to his children ? it’s a known fact that Indian corporates where founder families are major share holders - have poor corporate governance. 

then he brings up Muhua Moitra’s comment on adani stocks. The moment you refer that Mamtas screaming angry attack beaaach, you lose all credibility and that’s when I stopped reading his through crap analysis. 

I predict this will end very very badly for Hindenburg. 

It's not Hidenburg. It's the backers. Which I suspect includes some of Adani's rivals in India. 

23 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

It's not Hidenburg. It's the backers. Which I suspect includes some of Adani's rivals in India. 

I seriously doubt.

I am much more suspicious of INC.

The documentary on BBC and now an attack on the poster child of so called crony capitalism. 

BJPs political rivals led by INC may feel as we approach 2024 Lok Sabha election, funding, expenditures, the need for logistics support will increase significantly and BJP may lean on Adani’s support ( per BJP rivals ).

Should Adani get shaken badly, BJP will suffer in the 2024 elections. This is the dirty agenda of BJPs political rivals. This becomes even more clear because a filthy piece of garbage like Muhua Mitra was cited in the report. 

No professional short selling thesis  will include opinion of a third rate low level politician. Mahua Mitra also happened to spend a few years in Corporate America, Raghuram Rajan who is a blue eyed boy here recently had a conversation with Rahul Gandhi  where Rahul Gandhi spoke about the “risks “ of Adani’s stocks to the former RBI governor.

And now this happens. It all adds up. 

INC must be wiped out and destroyed permanently, which will happen decisively in 2024. 

One

12 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

You expect a $ 200B conglomerate to give a hurried 3 day reply ? 

he will respond in a manner that Hindenburg will be shut up…. Perhaps for ever. 

One of them is telling the truth.

For the sake of my family, I hope it is Adani.

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

One

One of them is telling the truth.

For the sake of my family, I hope it is Adani.

There is no black and white truth. It is about being within law or working around it. 

It is naive to think that there can be black and white truth. 

Every bloody major ratings agency - Moodys, S&P, Fitch gave investment grade  ratings to many of the over leveraged institutions before the 2008 Mortgage crisis. Were they all lying ? 

JPMorgan hid the shady ponzi activities of Madoff.

Are big 4 accounting firms that help their clients circumvent the law all frauds ?

Institutional Short sellers make money out out of destroying shareholder value of millions of retailers. They deserve to be crushed and bankrupted themselves. 

10 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I think this is a good response. Not responding would not be a good strategy as the investors will lose confidence.

No doubt, all over the world all big businessman do have their links with political parties. 

Adani has bagged multiple contracts from Gehlot in Rajasthan and Mamta from WB (Mahua pottymouth Mootra's CM :cantstop: )

But chosing Adani to go after does indicate a political motive as he is being portrayed as close to Modi ever since Modi became the PM.

Edited by Number

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Alright, Hindenburg might be thinking about profiting from this report....Does it mean that their complete report is blatant lies? Why would they challenge Adani to come to the US courts? Obviously there is truth in all this Gol maal by Adani.......If truth is being exposed....so be it. It will certainly help the common person of India who is unknowingly investing in overvalued Adani shares. 

Why should they Adani as an India incorporated firm fight a legal battle in the jurisdiction of a country that has different laws than India. 

it is a known fact that corporate governance for family owned businesses is poor in India compared to the west. 

On what basis has Wipro made the son of Azim premji the chairman ? What about Shiv Nadars daughter with HCL. What about all of Ambanis kids being managing directors and CEOs of major reliance companies ? 

This is clearly politically motivated and they are doing this at the behest of vested political interests, who feel if Adani’s suffers, BJP will suffer and they can have a leg up BJP in 2024.

BJP will thrive again in 2024 and Adani will fight back. 

Most people commenting here are quite ignorant of the workings and rogue ness of Wall Street. They are inhuman animals who will sell their mothers and sisters to make a quick and big fortune. 

For 5 years people questioned Teslas stock saying that how can a puny company revenue wise be valued more than Toyota, Honda and Volkswagen combined. 

Teslas business success proved them all wrong and Adani will do the same

Edited by rangeelaraja

7 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

There is no black and white truth. It is about being within law or working around it. 

It is naive to think that there can be black and white truth. 

Every bloody major ratings agency - Moodys, S&P, Fitch gave investment grade  ratings to many of the over leveraged institutions before the 2008 Mortgage crisis. Were they all lying ? 

JPMorgan hid the shady ponzi activities of Madoff.

Are big 4 accounting firms that help their clients circumvent the law all frauds ?

Institutional Short sellers make money out out of destroying shareholder value of millions of retailers. They deserve to be crushed and bankrupted themselves. 

As long as no laws were circumvented it is all good.

6 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Why should they Adani as an India incorporated firm fight a legal battle in the jurisdiction of a country that has different laws than India. 

it is a known fact that corporate governance for family owned businesses is poor in India compared to the west. 

On what basis has Wipro made the son of Azim premji the chairman ? What about Shiv Nadars daughter with HCL. What about all of Ambanis kids being managing directors and CEOs of major reliance companies ? 

This is clearly politically motivated and they are doing this at the behest of vested political interests, who feel if Adani’s suffers, BJP will suffer and they can have a leg up BJP in 2024.

BJP will thrive again in 2024 and Adani will fight back. 

Most people commenting here are quite ignorant of the workings and rogue ness of Wall Street. They are inhuman animals who will sell their mothers and sisters to make a quick and big fortune. 

For 5 years people questioned Teslas stock saying that how can a puny company revenue wise be valued more than Toyota, Honda and Volkswagen combined. 

Teslas business success proved them all wrong and Adani will do the same

So, what you are saying is everyone else does it, so it is OK for Adani's to do it too.