Hindenburg group accuses Adani group of fraud

gattaca

4 hours ago, Khota said:

It was overvalued.

There was a lot that went into that report. If someone has called other person a con artist and there has been no response, you can draw your conclusions.

What was that lot ? Please Share with us. From what I read all the information was already in public discourse. 

10 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Dude....you are defending Adani's wrong doing....lol....Just chill....this is just the beginning of the downfall, whoever supported him from the political circle will have to give answers to the public of India.

Dude I don’t have my skin in this game. It makes no personal difference to me. 

What is annoying is people who have no idea how MOST western  firms indulge in the kind of so called manipulation that Adani is doing … think that just because a western short seller said something it must be right. 

The biggest western tech companies fraud the system through offshore entities all the time. This is a classic case of pot calling the kettle black.

Nobody needs to learn ethics from western short sellers. They are NO1 rogues on Wall Street. 

We should trust the regulators to do their job and give verdict. 

Edited by rangeelaraja

11 hours ago, Khota said:

Facebook =/= Adani

I never said that... Only saying the modus operandi is similar. And also there is a high chance that all of these can be simultaneously true.

• Adani is critical to strategic infra projects in India
• Adani has reasonable prospects and solid assets
• Adani has poor corporate governance
• Adani is looking at an imminent cashflow problem
• Adani was strategically targetted

Mods can add a poll on Adani's future :- 

1) Adani survives this knock and goes on to be a big part of India's growth story

2) Adani loses steam and hives off its big buys 

3) Adani heads towards liquidity crisis and eventual bankruptcy

4) Adani is too big to fail. So govt bails them out in 2024 post election, 

My sense is markets are sentiments. They are not fundamentals, Short sellers have a strategy and they have implemented it brilliantly. Adani will live to fight another day. These businessmen are tough folks and they can ride out storms like these. Two day experts don't matter in the long run.

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

What was that lot ? Please Share with us. From what I read all the information was already in public discourse. 

If it was all so obvious and out there why did SEBI not stop him from trading.

Still no lawsuit from a man who has been accused of con.

6 hours ago, diga said:

I never said that... Only saying the modus operandi is similar. And also there is a high chance that all of these can be simultaneously true.

• Adani is critical to strategic infra projects in India
• Adani has reasonable prospects and solid assets
• Adani has poor corporate governance
• Adani is looking at an imminent cashflow problem
• Adani was strategically targetted

You said Facebook does the same.

Minimizing your taxes is allowed by the law.

Inflating your share value is not.

People like Adani are needed for India to be successful and grow. But they are not bigger than the country. His greed got to him.

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Mods can add a poll on Adani's future :- 

1) Adani survives this knock and goes on to be a big part of India's growth story

2) Adani loses steam and hives off its big buys 

3) Adani heads towards liquidity crisis and eventual bankruptcy

4) Adani is too big to fail. So govt bails them out in 2024 post election, 

My sense is markets are sentiments. They are not fundamentals, Short sellers have a strategy and they have implemented it brilliantly. Adani will live to fight another day. These businessmen are tough folks and they can ride out storms like these. Two day experts don't matter in the long run.

Adani would be fine. His shares won't have the artificial valuation that they did. He still has a vibrant solar power and transmission sector.

And Modi is smart person, and he will now distance himself from Adani.

4 hours ago, SM2907 said:

to kya hua Adani ne fraud kiya. Sab karte hain. Adani ko kyun target karna. sab ko karo :hysterical::hatsoff:

Gore Kaale waalon ka logic

And that is the biggest problem. They all do that so let him get away. They all should be paying the price. He has really hurt Indian economy doing that.

I think all these rich folks need to be send to Gandhi Ashram for a week to live modestly. Then they will learn how to serve the people.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

You said Facebook does the same.

Minimizing your taxes is allowed by the law.

Inflating your share value is not.

People like Adani are needed for India to be successful and grow. But they are not bigger than the country. His greed got to him.

That's not exactly true, if you're caught you're a thief & if not you're just an alleged conman! This happens everywhere in the world, including the US -

The only rule which applies everywhere in the *ing universe (almost) equally isHe who has the stick owns the :pop2:

Check "Billions" for more such opportunities! What Musk did wrt Tesla or even Doge multiple times is equally deplorable but he got away with it because - well he's the richest man on earth :hatsoff:

7 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Used an 11 employee firm to audit books. That firm had zero clients. They were inexperienced. Why not use a big firm to audit your finances?

He used this small company for audit so that he could influence them.

That is how fraud is committed.

I went to the website of their audit firm Shah Dandaria and here is the result.

Hmmm… can't reach this page

The connection was reset.

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's not exactly true, if you're caught you're a thief & if not you're just an alleged conman! This happens everywhere in the world, including the US -

The only rule which applies everywhere in the *ing universe (almost) equally isHe who has the stick owns the :pop2:

Check "Billions" for more such opportunities! What Musk did wrt Tesla or even Doge multiple times is equally deplorable but he got away with it because - well he's the richest man on earth :hatsoff:

People routinely go to jail for this in US.

Let me ask you, are you condoning this behavior?

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

Adani would be fine. His shares won't have the artificial valuation that they did. He still has a vibrant solar power and transmission sector.

And Modi is smart person, and he will now distance himself from Adani.

adani ports are their cash cow 

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

People routinely go to jail for this in US.

Let me ask you, are you condoning this behavior?

No I'm saying as long as the "system" is looking to forgive you or look the other way you're safe! When you have a target on your back then just watch out. Drumpf, Dubya, Colin Powell, Dick the *ing Cheney, Reagan - these are just some of the top names that come to mind as far as people who should've IMO served time in jail.

I can find a similarly long list for business owners from the US but you get the point, right?

Just now, R!TTER said:

No I'm saying as long as the "system" is looking to forgive you or look the other way you're safe! When you have a target on your back then just watch out. Drumpf, Dubya, Colin Powell, Dick the *ing Cheney, Reagan - these are just some of the top names that come to mind as far as people who should've IMO served time in jail.

I can find a similarly long list for business owners from the US but you get the point, right?

That was for the war and I never agreed with the weapons of mass destruction bs. This is for finances.

SEC will prosecute you to the full extent. SEBI will not.

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Why not Clintons, Obama and Biden?