How is Pathaan?

kepler37b

22 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

More like Akhanda bharat coming to the rescue...  Classic bollywood.  Why do they believe ISI would in any case help India if a ex Indian RAW agent goes rogue?   They would cherish this to the core...  As ISI is India's no 1 enemy even more than Pak fouj. 

War was decent action flick with a straightforward ending.  

People are buying it though.  Will watch on OTT no time to waste on big screen rn. 

Thats what i was also wondering

2 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Swades was the audience'a fault. They weren't ready for movies like those. They wanted quintessential Bollywood masala movies. That's why Swades flopped despite getting rave reviews. Had Swades released now, it would've been a commercial hit. 

The failure of swades pained me a lot. It is not a perfect movie. But SRK nailed that character...

7 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

The failure of swades pained me a lot. It is not a perfect movie. But SRK nailed that character...

That Train scene still gives goosebumps every single time...  One of the most epic scenes in Bolly history. 

SRK was in god mode in that scene.  He nailed it 10/10.  Amir can't pull that off in his 10 lives. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

10 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

I watched it again a few months back since it first came out and i agree it definitely is one of the better SRK movies. I actually have always liked SRK. I still enjoy DDLJ just as much a enjoy Sholay. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

That Train scene still gives goosebumps every single time...  One of the most epic scenes in Bolly history. 

SRK was in god mode in that scene.  He nailed it 10/10.  Amir can't pull that off in his 10 lives. 

The scene where he visits family to get rental, that entire scene when he looks at there state, food etc the whole scene is heartbreaking. I really hope due to food security bill we no longer have people in that a bad state.  

Sarkar endorsing Pathan alright

Union Minister Anurag Thakur criticised those who encourage negative comments without full information about a movie. His comments come amid calls in the recent times for boycott of several Bollywood movies, including Shah Rukh Khan-starrer "Pathaan".

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/shouldnt-comment-without-info-union-min-on-movies-amid-boycottpathaan-calls-101674815399993.html

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

overall Aamir is better actor though. 

4 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Swades was the audience'a fault. They weren't ready for movies like those. They wanted quintessential Bollywood masala movies. That's why Swades flopped despite getting rave reviews. Had Swades released now, it would've been a commercial hit. 

lol no even now Pathan works and good films flop.

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ashutosh Gowariker has world at his feet after Lagaan and Swades.

But he faded away with unbearable crap later.

Edited by kepler37b

23 hours ago, Lord said:

overall Aamir is better actor though. 

He is no where close, Amir was at his peak in movies like JJWS, AAA, Ghulam, Ishq etc. Since that Fanaa movie in 2006 his career has been a disaster, he indulged in lots of overacting and virtue signalling. Unpopular opinion but 3 idiots was his worst movie, full of cringe. Look at his age and role he played. Of-course social media driven Indian audience gave him applause. 

Shahrukh at least he didn't fooled Indian audience with Satyamev Jayate. Amir stands for wokism facist liberalism. He takes gullible Indian audience for a ride. 

Shahrukh is seen over the top but he deserves it, many Indians fail to realize how popular he is worldwide. 

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Amir is not even close to SRK in acting.

Amir did a very good job in lagaan though!! Personally acting wise, I like AK more than SRK. 

SRK acts a bit cringe in romantic scenes. And was rightly trolled by Raj Kumar hirani in that Dunki announcement.

2 hours ago, Vancouver said:

He is no where close, Amir was at his peak in movies like JJWS, AAA, Ghulam, Ishq etc. Since that Fanaa movie in 2006 his career has been a disaster, he indulged in lots of overacting and virtue signalling. Unpopular opinion but 3 idiots was his worst movie, full of cringe. Look at his age and role he played. Of-course social media driven Indian audience gave him applause. 

Shahrukh at least he didn't fooled Indian audience with Satyamev Jayate. Amir stands for wokism facist liberalism. He takes gullible Indian audience for a ride. 

Shahrukh is seen over the top but he deserves it, many Indians fail to realize how popular he is worldwide. 

Well, let's not equate stardom with acting props.  

On 1/27/2023 at 3:14 AM, LordPrabhzy said:

A film where an ex RAW agent decides to mass attack his own country for money,.. paid for by a 'rogue' ISI chief BUT India can only be saved my a Muslim RAW agent and a Pak ISI agent (who do sexy time on the side).

Aside from the nauseating bhaichara and whitewashing of Pak/ISI, a film with very blatant copy paste from Hollywood films and gathiya CGI.. now you decide

Raking in record collections despite empty theatres! Only a Bollywood movie can do this. 

47 minutes ago, Number said:

Since Brahmastra B'wood has found a way to collect 500 crores even when no one is watching the movie, no one talking about it, no buzz in real life.

Only chapri SRK fans,

Also yesterday the evening shows near me were near enough full- guess advantages of an area with a majority Muslim majority diaspora..

21 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Only chapri SRK fans,

Also yesterday the evening shows near me were near enough full- guess advantages of an area with a majority Muslim majority diaspora..

If SRK fans could make a movie hit Zero, Fan etc wouldn't have bombed. And that was pre-covid era.

Now post-covid at least in North India I can say 50-60% people who were casual movie goers, have just stopped going for movies in theaters unless it is a big festival or something really big like KGF2. They know in 2-3 weeks it will be there on OTT anyway so why bother.

I can prove it with examples like Mithu, Dhakad, Dobaara etc are just collecting 

2-3 crore lifetime while pre-covid they would have made 8-10 crores easily.

Bhool Bhulaiya-2 was the biggest hit post covid and I went to watch it with family and it looked housefull even in 4th week. Still it collected only 185 cr.

There is some ninja technique invented by KJo to pump the collections and YRF is following it. 

It's a strictly time pass, masala movie. The type you watch just to make fun of. One time watch imo.

I honestly found nothing outrage worthy in it. People doing hai tauba about John's character act as if intelligence agents haven't gone rogue/hostile in India's history. Lol. Forget intelligence agents, you had Maj General Shabeg Singh PVSM AVSM, a decorated officer who trained the Mukti Bahini, turned hostile against the Indian state and joined Bhindranwale. 

Regarding Deepika, just a poor casting choice. Total misfit. Dimple Kapadia was great and Hakla was decent. Bhai's cameo was fun.