How is Pathaan?

kepler37b

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Currently watching Pathan… after the first half the ghatiya CGI still boggles me.. like how does Bollywood think it can get away with badhe illogical ghatiya action sequences.

Your assumption is people lining up for Pathan watch hollywood movies. Also the general assumption that every single english speaking Indian watches hollywood movies or US web series is wrong. People are watching Pathan because they want to see something grand (in the context of Indian cinema). 

On 2/2/2023 at 10:03 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

mate... atleast its REAL fighter planes flown by real pilots to give that cinematic experience.. the actors were all in the jets at the same time to give realism feel... Pathan is 90% fake cgi on green screen and photoshopping SRKs face on body double as he is too old to do action :laugh:

Cant believe someone is actually comparing ghatiya bollywood product with a $170 million (1700 crores) budget hollywood film

Err, thats exactly the point in two words I made when I said great effects. Can never compare Bolly to Holly because of the budgets and that is why the action spectacle type Indian movies are terrible in comparision for those who watch Holly films too. The grittier bolly dramas are always much much better movies.

The point on predictable plot and a film running almost entirely on the back of the leads star power holds true for both movies. 

6 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Regarding Top gun...  YRF is planning something similar with Hrithik in his best project FIGHTER.. They are looking to have Su-30MKI over there

I don't think we will have the same thrill at Top gun level but Hindi cinema casual folks might get to like it. 

i wont hlold my breath over this... we'll end up having animated video game fighter planes in the film cos of budget issues.

23 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Regarding Top gun...  YRF is planning something similar with Hrithik in his best project FIGHTER.. They are looking to have Su-30MKI over there. 

I don't think we will have the same thrill at Top gun level but Hindi cinema casual folks might get to like it. 

Also why it angers me is because Border a 1997 film.. almost 30 years old, used real fighter planes, locations, tanks which blew up and real explosions. 

if this was possible in 1997, why is this not possible in 2023.. that’s why Border is my fav film but Paltan made by the same director was so bad due to this very reason.

On 2/5/2023 at 9:51 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

Also why it angers me is because Border a 1997 film.. almost 30 years old, used real fighter planes, locations, tanks which blew up and real explosions. 

if this was possible in 1997, why is this not possible in 2023.. that’s why Border is my fav film but Paltan made by the same director was so bad due to this very reason.

Two factors:

1) Permits. Shooting with real planes and tanks requires a lot of permits from the Ministry of Defence.  And various other arms of the GoI. JP Dutta cited this as the main reason to shift to VFX/CGI battle scenes as against those with real tanks.

2) VFX is also a whole lot cheaper than renting real life weapon systems. Also saves the production house the cost of having to hire live ammunition/weapons experts and stuntmen.

9 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Two factors:

1) Permits. Shooting with real planes and tanks requires a lot of permits from the Ministry of Defence.  And various other arms of the GoI. JP Dutta cited this as the main reason to shift to VFX/CGI battle scenes as against those with real tanks.

2) VFX is also a whole lot cheaper than renting real life weapon systems. Also saves the production house the cost of having to hire live ammunition/weapons experts and stuntmen.

well trying to do something on a cheap results in something looking badha and cheap.

Reason why hollywood war films look the part as they spare no expense in renting out the things that actually make the film and its purpose. If the vfx actually looked realistic i wouldnt have an issue, but with the meagre budgets of current films ( looking at the bigger picture) all you get is video game level bad  VFX which cleary is fake.

See this from 17:00 onwards... they used toys on a table to represent a car moving and a train. Like im sure shooting a car moving or a train isnt that expensive but they chose to make do with toys. How idiotic

Finally my friends dragged me to watch the movie. Movie was harmless masala, not the kind of movie I like but can see why/how it made the millions. 

Some misleading info about the movie clouded my initial thought/opinions...still we needn't show ISI folks in good light, even if it is just one or two agents. In fact we must shed this Pakistan obsession in our movies.