Iran ... appears mysterious!

zen

24 minutes ago, Khota said:

Can be debated all day long but the recorded history says it is of Turkish origin.

Lot of stuff you put here is revisionist, not recorded.

So, wrong facts are recorded and spread around. These are some facts that based academia spreads around as facts and becomes popular thought. .

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

So, wrong facts are recorded and spread around. These are some facts that based academia spreads around as facts and becomes popular thought. .

If you don't record it, document it you lose it.

It is no different than Pakistanis claiming that they made Chicken Tikka Masala. Moti Mahal in Delhi has been making a variant of it for almost 70 years and the recipe was in Indian cookbooks. You need to record it.

It is like patents; you need to turn it in.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

If you don't record it, document it you lose it.

It is no different than Pakistanis claiming that they made Chicken Tikka Masala. Moti Mahal in Delhi has been making a variant of it for almost 70 years and the recipe was in Indian cookbooks. You need to record it.

It is like patents; you need to turn it in.

You are comparing this to Pakistan shows you are ignorant about the truth. I don’t go around telling people that Iranians gave us Biryani when we have our own culinary history that inspired the whole world. Paakadarshana, Natyashastra, Panini works give us more insight into our lifestyle than what Macaulay educated historians have taught you.  

Recent discoveries in Indian portion of IVC debunks the theory that Iranians gave IVC agriculture. They have discovered that IVC has home grown indigenous grains that predates even Iran/Persian discoveries

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

You are comparing this to Pakistan shows you are ignorant about the truth. I don’t go around telling people that Iranians gave us Biryani when we have our own culinary history that inspired the whole world. Paakadarshana, Natyashastra, Panini works give us more insight into our lifestyle than what Macaulay educated historians have taught you.  

Recent discoveries in Indian portion of IVC debunks the theory that Iranians gave IVC agriculture. They have discovered that IVC has home grown indigenous grains that predates even Iran/Persian discoveries

The fact is basic biryani is Iranian, the one you eat with your beverage of choice is Mughal. As much as I hate the Mughal empire (exponentially more than you) I give credit where it is due.

17 hours ago, Khota said:

The fact is basic biryani is Iranian, the one you eat with your beverage of choice is Mughal. As much as I hate the Mughal empire (exponentially more than you) I give credit where it is due.

Actually its not. The word biryani is persian. But the dish is not related to rice. Its liver fat of goat melted and placed as a stuffing in the roti. India already had rice and spices. So, we could figure out how to mix the two. 

So, its not a fact. Its open to interpretation.

15 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Actually its not. The word biryani is persian. But the dish is not related to rice. Its liver fat of goat melted and placed as a stuffing in the roti. India already had rice and spices. So, we could figure out how to mix the two. 

So, its not a fact. Its open to interpretation.

There are some (Not Khota) I have come across , who think that Indians were blabbering monkeys before Islam/Moghuls/British invaded India. We got culture, music, dance, literature, art, cuisine, architecture and civilization. Just when Moghul Gardens in Delhi were renamed, , somebody on Twitter said, Moghuls taught us how how to construct gardens. Listen to what Bollywood teaches Indians..That British discovered all hill stations of India and Moghuls discovered Kashmir. . Before they discovered, it was barren land with no people or civilization 

Bloody idiots!!

On 2/12/2023 at 1:55 PM, velu said:

Iranian men likes to upgrade their wife every 10-15 years ( they cant have more than one wife at any point of time culturally ) :aha: @Mariyam 

and most Iranian women are really cool with it though ( they will get handosme mahr when they divorce ) 

Why are you tagging me? :confused:

I'm not an Iranian. :rolleyes:

Neither am I married to one.

Upgrade, eh?

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, velu said:

Sometime back you said something like Indian Muslim men want younger wife in triple talaq thread :dontknow: 

Wanting a younger wife is not limited to only Muslim men.

My post was about grooms teaming up with conniving qazis to weaponize the 3T. "Ask your family to cough up a further xyz lakhs else I get this qazi to solemnise another wedding and bring another woman home" type of crimes. 

These instances were rampant in UP/Bihar.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:23 PM, coffee_rules said:

There are some (Not Khota) I have come across , who think that Indians were blabbering monkeys before Islam/Moghuls/British invaded India. We got culture, music, dance, literature, art, cuisine, architecture and civilization. Just when Moghul Gardens in Delhi were renamed, , somebody on Twitter said, Moghuls taught us how how to construct gardens. Listen to what Bollywood teaches Indians..That British discovered all hill stations of India and Moghuls discovered Kashmir. . Before they discovered, it was barren land with no people or civilization 

Bloody idiots!!

India pretty much had everything. Look at Jantar Mantar near CP and that shows you the scientific depth.

What India did miss was the Industrial Revolution. We can blame Mughals and Brits for that but in the end, it falls on Indians.