Lucknow pitch curator gets sacked

15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Terrible for somebody to lose their job.

Rest of the thread is folks venting their own ignorant frustrations without knowing any actual facts of the matter.

Hey its what desis do best - bark without knowing what's what.

Wasn’t it pandya who said ask the curator about pitch during the press conference ? Unless you have contrary evidence this on pandya and team india the curator lost his job.

2 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Wasn’t it pandya who said ask the curator about pitch during the press conference ? Unless you have contrary evidence this on pandya and team india the curator lost his job.

1. Criticizing the pitch or the curator's work != asking for him to be fired.
  2. Apart from "sources said", there isn't really much 'evidence' to indicate that somehow Indian team asked or pushed for extreme changes to the wicket.

Not saying that it isn't possible that Pandu asked to "fire curator".  Sure its possible.  But its arguably unlikely.  Zero evidence to indicate otherwise.  Like I said, rest of the thread is the usual suspects indulging in their pet hobby of virtual effigy burning and venting vitriol - "Dravid is a 'dogla",  "Dandiya is a sux" etc and so on.  

9 minutes ago, raki05 said:

what do they mean when they said

who's "they"?  And how is it that you are so ready to believe every word "they" said as gospel from Bhagvat Vaani.

And you dragging "gujju" into things is just........pathetic.  When I take flak from majority of posters including you for backing Bhuvi, or a Samson, or a Washington Sundar - are these guys Gujju?  When you repeatedly post "your Bhuvi", that doesn't make me "north indian" or whatever?  Pathetic prejudice like this betrays a lot more about your thinking through such ignorant attacks than anything else.

You are rapidly building up a repeated body of constant nonsense ignorant personal attacks on me.  I'm all for discussion and even disagreements and arguments.  But keep them substance based instead of going off the rails like a child.  Else I'm going to stop engaging with you in good faith.  I have zero interest in childish tu tu mein mein.

59 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Terrible for somebody to lose their job.

Rest of the thread is folks venting their own ignorant frustrations without knowing any actual facts of the matter.

Hey its what desis do best - bark without knowing what's what.

Woof woof.  Guilty as charged.  I easily fall prey to underdog sob stories.  Regardless, if there was cause for the firing, hope it's more than just preparing one bad pitch.

8 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Woof woof.  Guilty as charged.  I easily fall prey to underdog sob stories.  Regardless, if there was cause for the firing, hope it's more than just preparing one bad pitch.

you know I don't mean to point fingers at the reasonably sane.   It really irks me to see this forum get flooded with the vitriol of a few - I mean "Dravid is a dogla"?  Man has a 30 year track record of being a straight shooter, through countless challenging situations.  And these effigy burners don't have a moment's hesitation in hurling worst kinds of abuse and attacks, and that without any evidence or "sources said" BS.   So ready to belive any kind of unsubstantiated stupidity, because it confirms to their petty biases.  

When are these people going to rise above such gutter logic and behavior?  Age or education is clearly not an excuse.  Intellectual laziness and unhealthy cognitive patterns.

17 minutes ago, sandeep said:

you know I don't mean to point fingers at the reasonably sane.   It really irks me to see this forum get flooded with the vitriol of a few - I mean "Dravid is a dogla"?  Man has a 30 year track record of being a straight shooter, through countless challenging situations.  And these effigy burners don't have a moment's hesitation in hurling worst kinds of abuse and attacks, and that without any evidence or "sources said" BS.   So ready to belive any kind of unsubstantiated stupidity, because it confirms to their petty biases.  

When are these people going to rise above such gutter logic and behavior?  Age or education is clearly not an excuse.  Intellectual laziness and unhealthy cognitive patterns.

Oh ... I get it.  But seeing an reasonably articulated opposing viewpoint helps one identify their own flaws or soft spots (of which we all have many). 

As someone who insists on evidence-based conversations about vaccines and biotechnology, it is only fair that I apply the same standards to myself and not jump into my weak zone - jazbaa-junoon bleeding-heart logic.  In this case, it was "dude just complied with RSD and HDP and got fired for it, so they must become responsible for his kids' education."  I also had in my mind some vague recollection of an Indian coach or administrator rewarding a curator monetarily for a compliant pitch.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

who's "they"?  And how is it that you are so ready to believe every word "they" said as gospel from Bhagvat Vaani.

And you dragging "gujju" into things is just........pathetic.  When I take flak from majority of posters including you for backing Bhuvi, or a Samson, or a Washington Sundar - are these guys Gujju?  When you repeatedly post "your Bhuvi", that doesn't make me "north indian" or whatever?  Pathetic prejudice like this betrays a lot more about your thinking through such ignorant attacks than anything else.

You are rapidly building up a repeated body of constant nonsense ignorant personal attacks on me.  I'm all for discussion and even disagreements and arguments.  But keep them substance based instead of going off the rails like a child.  Else I'm going to stop engaging with you in good faith.  I have zero interest in childish tu tu mein mein.

Neither I, you or anyone here  have evidence if any sort which comes out in media, we based our opinion on the media leaks or newspaper. In past you too have blamed Kohli for excluding youngsters from the team due to their so called connection with some sports management company. So why you are getting triggered and doing a mass attack on entire thread and posters have difference in opinion. Regarding personal attack I just took a dig on you coz you are gujju and you are defending pandya and not to disrespect you, if you felt bad I take my word back.

Edited by raki05
6 minutes ago, raki05 said:

if you felt bad I take my word back.

This reminds me of Waqar Younis saying "for those who felt offended, I don't have any problem saying 'sorry'" - after gushing how great he felt to see Rizwan doing namaz in front of defeated kaffirs.  

i.e.  A fake apology is worse than no apology.  If you yourself are unable to recognize that your "dig" was baseless and uncalled for, your fake apology is an insult, not a redressal.  

I have no problems with you taking "digs" at me - my tendency to 'lecture' is an easy flaw to poke fun at, for example - but make your 'digs' at least have some semblance of fact in it.  I challenge you - have you ever seen me express positive bias for anybody from Gujarat or Bombay? Yes, your insinuation of bias is offensive, extremely so.  And to brush it off as a "harmless dig" is dishonest.  

I have absolutely nothing against you - and will not hold grudges against anyone - provided I see honest acknowledgement and withdrawal of a baseless offensive attack.  Happy to interact with you and get into discussions with a fellow cricket fan.  But for that, this sort of pathetic childishness needs to be jettisoned.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

This reminds me of Waqar Younis saying "for those who felt offended, I don't have any problem saying 'sorry'" - after gushing how great he felt to see Rizwan doing namaz in front of defeated kaffirs.  

i.e.  A fake apology is worse than no apology.  If you yourself are unable to recognize that your "dig" was baseless and uncalled for, your fake apology is an insult, not a redressal.  

I have no problems with you taking "digs" at me - my tendency to 'lecture' is an easy flaw to poke fun at, for example - but make your 'digs' at least have some semblance of fact in it.  I challenge you - have you ever seen me express positive bias for anybody from Gujarat or Bombay? Yes, your insinuation of bias is offensive, extremely so.  And to brush it off as a "harmless dig" is dishonest.  

I have absolutely nothing against you - and will not hold grudges against anyone - provided I see honest acknowledgement and withdrawal of a baseless offensive attack.  Happy to interact with you and get into discussions with a fellow cricket fan.  But for that, this sort of pathetic childishness needs to be jettisoned.

Arey chacha kaha se shuru ho ke kaha pahunch gaye waqar yunus bla bla. Have you ever read what you type? 

49 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And these effigy burners

Aren't you doing same thing....so just move on no need to write essay. 

12 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

However, as per the report by the Indian Express, Pandya and head coach Rahul Dravid's "11th-hour request" for a change in the surface was partly responsible for the fiasco that unveiled.

"as per" my sources, it was a Raa-ISI conspiracy to give Indian cricket a bad name.   

"As per sources" game is played by many, to push many different agendas.

Bottomline is that the only facts we know - the pitch was not good.  And second, curator shouldn't be sacked like this on a one-off, even if it was his fault.  That's not how things ought to be done in Indian cricket.  "Accountability" doesn't work that way - This is scapegoating.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

If the curatar was not given the adequate amount of time to prepare the pitch and fired for it, he should escalate this to BCCI. 

You think BCCI as an organization gives a rats ass about lowly curators?  

What I would like to see is the sports media take up the just cause of his unfair firing.  But they lack the balls.  

9 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

However, as per the report by the Indian Express, Pandya and head coach Rahul Dravid's "11th-hour request" for a change in the surface was partly responsible for the fiasco that unveiled.

Not at all surprising to see Rahul Dravid's name as he had a chat with Bangladesh curator as well during the 2nd test in BD. Not sure he could influence him. But he is focused on saving his head. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/go-and-ask-mr-dravid-and-the-curator-india-batting-coach-baffled-by-unhappiness-with-pitch-for-2nd-test-question-101671616937251.html

Before that  Rohit and Dravid had a chat with Pitch cuarator of Adelaide oval before world T20

https://www.mensxp.com/sports/cricket/121545-rahul-dravid-rohit-sharma-chat-with-pitch-curator.html

Here also his name was mentioned. He offered 35000 to pitch curator for making sporting pitch

https://www.businesstoday.in/trending/story/rahul-dravid-gives-rs-35000-to-green-park-groundsmen-for-preparing-sporting-pitch-313837-2021-11-29

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You think BCCI as an organization gives a rats ass about lowly curators?  

What I would like to see is the sports media take up the just cause of his unfair firing.  But they lack the balls.  

Going to court may become counter productive. But there are many ways you can escalate. You don' have to do it directly.