Lucknow pitch curator gets sacked

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

"as per" my sources, it was a Raa-ISI conspiracy to give Indian cricket a bad name.   

"As per sources" game is played by many, to push many different agendas.

Bottomline is that the only facts we know - the pitch was not good.  And second, curator shouldn't be sacked like this on a one-off, even if it was his fault.  That's not how things ought to be done in Indian cricket.  "Accountability" doesn't work that way - This is scapegoating.

Sure, i suppose you could say this is all hearsay because you haven't nailed anyone dead to rights for their part in this but I'm not really sure it's that hard to connect the dots reasonably well here considering what has happened during and since the game got over. It can't all be just idle speculation or confirmation bias.

Of course, if the part about red soil is true i don't quite know how that would affect the way the pitch behaves and what exactly the TM was thinking about if they asked for it. 

Typical ignorant comments on this thread  (if made on purpose, it is even more sad) including linking a player’s take on pitch to sacking of the curator (as if TM asked anyone to be sacked and as if cricketers do not comment on pitches), zero understanding of the difference b/w red soil and black soil pitches, and so on. 

On the positive side, it is good to see opinions against rank turners, which serve no one  (maybe a cowardly way to play cricket as even a WK taking his gloves off to bowl can appear like Warne). When the ball turns square, it is difficult for a batsman to hit the ball either on the back foot or the front foot. In T20s, it is even more criminal to have rank turners as a batsman has no choice but to go after the bowling. 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Typical ignorant comments on this thread  (if made on purpose, it is even more sad) including linking a player’s take on pitch to sacking of the curator (as if TM asked anyone to be sacked and as if cricketers do not comment on pitches), zero understanding of the difference b/w red soil and black soil pitches, and so on. 

On the positive side, it is good to see opinions against rank turners, which serve no one  (maybe a cowardly way to play cricket as even a WK taking his gloves off to bowl can appear like Warne). When the ball turns square, it is difficult for a batsman to hit the ball either on the back foot or the front foot. In T20s, it is even more criminal to have rank turners as a batsman has no choice but to go after the bowling. 

Captain and coach first arm twist curator to change the pitch at last moment and then cry in press conferences when the pitch doesn't turn out to be their liking magically.

Certainly a positive stride for Indian cricket.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Captain and coach first arm twist curator to change the pitch at last moment and then cry in press conferences when the pitch doesn't turn out to be their liking magically.

Taking us back to Wadekar/Azharuddin days.  No wonder we almost got our ass kicked in Bangladesh.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

It is their right to comment on such bad pitches. Why would teams not speak out if they see a sub standard pitch?

Lucknow has two types pitches - red soil and black soil. TM probably wanted to play on red soil pitch but the curator had prepared the black soil one. 

Sundar also echoed the same. I bet all players would do the same except one lol

https://thesportstak.com/cricket-news/suryakumar-yadav-downplays-lucknow-pitch-controversy-curator-sacked-ind-vs-nz-3rd-t20i

India's T20I phenomenon Suryakumar Yadav has doused the flames over the Lucknow pitch controversy that led to curator getting sacked. On the eve of the decider of T20I series, Suryakumar said that he is "completely fine" with whatever surface he has to play on as it is not under his control.

"We (Hardik and I) had a chat later on, and it was like, whatever we got in future we will go with it. It's completely fine," Surya said in the pre-match press conference on January 31.

It doesn't matter what soil you play on. These are the things which aren't in your control. We did what we had in our control, we had to adapt, apply on that ground and move on with the situation. But it was an exciting game. - SKY

17 minutes ago, zen said:

It is their right to comment on such bad pitches. Why would teams not speak out if they see a sub standard pitch?

Lucknow has two types pitches - red soil and black soil. TM probably wanted to play on red soil pitch but the curator had prepared the black soil one. 

They shouldn't be complaining about pitch if they force curator to change the pitch.

Curators don't have magic wand to change pitch overnight.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

They shouldn't be complaining about pitch if they force curator to change the pitch.

Buddy, IF the TM asked/requested to play on a red soil pitch, the black soil one wasn't good in the first place.  

No one complained but remarked on the truth about the pitches:

The India skipper was also unhappy about the state of the pitch in Ranchi's JSCA Stadium, another turner where India suffered a 21-run defeat at the hands of the Kiwis. "Both the games (pitches) we have played on so far (have been shockers). I don’t mind difficult wickets. I am all up for that, but these two wickets are not made for T20. Somewhere down the line, the curators or the grounds that we are going to play in should make sure they prepare the pitches earlier," he added.

He is 100% right that these are not T20 pitches. 

Curators don't have magic wand to change pitch overnight.

Yes, therefore, the pitch was bad to begin with. The curator even did not even leave even grass. 

It was a bad pitch and I am glad that such pitches are being called out. 

In the 2016 T20 world cup game, India was bundled out for 79 chasing 120 odd - Link ... It is probably remarkable that India chased 100 here. 

Once in a while (or in a blue moon) if you get such pitches, it is understandable. But in back to back games, it is not acceptable. These venues have to plan better and be more proactive. 

Two crappy tracks in succession; wonder what will be served up today.

But one thing is for sure, the term "Harpic Dandya" deserves a chuckle :laugh:

Pandya is from the Brat Kohli school of on-field [hutyap@ (with an addl. Masters in Chhapri-ness). Will that tick some people off? Sure it will. I don't exactly love it either, but I couldn't care less, as long as he delivers & wins.

One may call Dravid conservative (all day/every day) but as others have said, he has been quite the straight shooter. Calling him dogla(two faced) is unfounded. He's a man who turned up to play for his erstwhile local club just a few years ago to help them avoid relegation, when in comparison many of today's darlings don't even turn up for their state teams in domestic tournaments.

I don't know enough (beyond the news reports) about the sacking to draw conclusions and point fingers, but it is unfortunate to say the least....

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Not at all surprising to see Rahul Dravid's name as he had a chat with Bangladesh curator as well during the 2nd test in BD. Not sure he could influence him. But he is focused on saving his head. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/go-and-ask-mr-dravid-and-the-curator-india-batting-coach-baffled-by-unhappiness-with-pitch-for-2nd-test-question-101671616937251.html

Before that  Rohit and Dravid had a chat with Pitch cuarator of Adelaide oval before world T20

https://www.mensxp.com/sports/cricket/121545-rahul-dravid-rohit-sharma-chat-with-pitch-curator.html

Here also his name was mentioned. He offered 35000 to pitch curator for making sporting pitch

https://www.businesstoday.in/trending/story/rahul-dravid-gives-rs-35000-to-green-park-groundsmen-for-preparing-sporting-pitch-313837-2021-11-29

But our ICF expert/mod needs an inquiry conducted by CBI ,and he wants us to present it in front of him with documented evidence. Until than he will keep bouncing on each and everyone who blame pandya and Draavid sir and call them effigy burners which according to him is perfectly fine . Had it been Kohli he can be blamed and we can do all sorts of name calling as we have blanket amnesty by sir chief justice aka his highness.

49 minutes ago, raki05 said:

But our ICF expert/mod needs an inquiry conducted by CBI ,and he wants us to present it in front of him with documented evidence. Until than he will keep bouncing on each and everyone who blame pandya and Draavid sir and call them effigy burners which according to him is perfectly fine . Had it been Kohli he can be blamed and we can do all sorts of name calling as we have blanket amnesty by sir chief justice aka his highness.

This team management is pulling strings from the backroom. Someone else gets blamed. I believe Chetan sharma said something along the lines that TM wanted the team and they ended up getting fired. Not supporting that dummy.  But it is hard to ignore a pattern from this TM. They ask someone else to do something. When that doesn't work they get thrown under the bus.

1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

Harsh if that's the inherent nature of the pitch. How is it Pandya's fault though?

He went on a rant against the pitch during the post match presentation, called it a "shocker" three times during the interview. 

In all my years of watching cricket I have never seen a captain cry about the pitch so much during the live presentation. 

When the Indian National captain criticizes a curator openly on live TV, he most likely will get fired. 

Similar **** happened at my job. We have investigation division. They had intelligence from outside the command that that one of the guy in our custody may get the cut. We do more searches to recover deadly weapons. They calling 311 to complain that we doing too much in prison language. Investigation division did not share the intelligence with us to do something before hand like put the victim in lockdown. Anyway cut still happened and it was poor officer on the post end up getting suspended for 30 days without pay. Two Captain came to his house to take his shield and ID for 30 day unpaid suspension.