Pat Cummins impact a bowler has yet again proved that no matter how good his numbers are - McGrath is the greatest Aussie test bowler of all time

Keeping themselves fit for important matches is part of fast bowlers job. Cummins would gladly let go of million dollar cheque if he feels that he needs to do it for ashes. Having potential but not fitness is pointless.

Cummins had ton of potential even when he was 18, but he couldn't keep himself fit. People started rating him after he proved his fitness consistently along with the bowling skills. 

Edited by Serpico
On 2/13/2023 at 6:37 AM, speedracer said:

Well you get 15 crores for playing ipl. 

U get what? 50 Lakes max for tests per game. However test gets you notoriety and add revenue. So it adds up. 

Starc gave up 15 crores for how many seasons? That's a different level of commitment.

Bumrah doesn't owe anyone, he can happily play for MI exclusively if he wants to, but the fans can also form their opinions based on what he does 

On 2/13/2023 at 6:37 AM, speedracer said:

Well you get 15 crores for playing ipl. 

U get what? 50 Lakes max for tests per game. However test gets you notoriety and add revenue. So it adds up. 

Sorry that’s garbage argument. You are either committed to playing for the country or not.

You end up getting 10-12 Crores atleast if you have A group contract and play all games for India. Plus several dozen crore if you are able to get endorsement deals like Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvi and many others.

It is amply clear India is not a priority for Bumrah,  and in that case fans reserve their opinion on him .

Aussie legends like Starc have let of several million dollars to play key series for Australia - that’s commitment. 

4 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Sorry that’s garbage argument. You are either committed to playing for the country or not.

You end up getting 10-12 Crores atleast if you have A group contract and play all games for India. Plus several dozen crore if you are able to get endorsement deals like Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvi and many others.

It is amply clear India is not a priority for Bumrah,  and in that case fans reserve their opinion on him .

Aussie legends like Starc have let of several million dollars to play key series for Australia - that’s commitment. 

I agree brother. I am not sure about th figures. Tests pay per game isn't much but if you add up the advert revenue, social media revenue, plus big series win bonuses, endorsement deals etc it should be on par with a base level ipl contract I would imagine which is still boat loads of money. However, ipl overall would pay more no? 

Some players just do to want to work hard or don't have the passion to play for india once they achieve some notoriety. 

36 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Starc gave up 15 crores for how many seasons? That's a different level of commitment.

Bumrah doesn't owe anyone, he can happily play for MI exclusively if he wants to, but the fans can also form their opinions based on what he does 

Yea absolutely. I am just thinking from a financial point of view. If it were up to me, I would rather die for the country playing tests and attaining glory than achieve success in a franchise setting. It's a shame. 

Bumrah needs to decide. Either he plays purely ipl and maybe big test series plus the WCor he can just quit all formats and play IPL. No one cares. I am a huge bumrah fan but I won those sleep over him not playing. We have so many other special talents ready to die for the country. 

Ipl however has indeed provided income streams to players of all ages. It's opened doors to make exorbitant amounts of cash for what is relatively light workload compared to test cricket. 

Even in tests we play what? 3 big series in a year? 

If bunrah plays 16 games roughly. That's? 64 overs plus training. 

In tests it's what? 90 to 100 overs per 3 test series for bumrah? 

100×3 almost 300 given he plays max 3 tests matches in a series. 

Cost benefit wise obviously ipl is the right choice.