Possible 2023 WTC Starting 11 (At Oval, England)

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

No no no. Not after that disastrous wtc final where it dint aid spin. 

This should be the team ideally.

Rohit

Jaiswal 

Sarfraz

Gill

Sundar

Ishan

Jaddu

Undacutta or thakur

Siraj

Kuldeep sen if he is back or prasidh

Shami/umesh

Ashwin bowled extremely well in that Final, was arguably our best bowler of the match (we lost due to our inept batsmen). And that final was at Lords and this one is at Oval which is more spin friendly. 

Also don't forget Ashwin recently has had a really good record against their big fish Steve Smith and especially their left-handers. They are afraid of him more than any other SENA teams. 

I will make Kl keep wickets for one of test match. Its hard against spinners in India but he can manage at oval.

Also hardik pandya can also be called just for one Test as a 4th seemer to bowl abt 10 overs a day. 

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

KL

Iyer

Hardik

Jadega

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj

5 hours ago, Lord said:

Ashwin picked 4 and Bumrah 0.

Besides Oval spins more than Southampton.

Just don't need pacers. Yes I already mentioned bumrsh post injury takes time to get back to his best. He should NOTT PLAY. He single handedly cost us the wtc. Everyone else bowled well except him. That's why you don't rush player back.

Edited by speedracer
4 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Ashwin bowled extremely well in that Final, was arguably our best bowler of the match (we lost due to our inept batsmen). And that final was at Lords and this one is at Oval which is more spin friendly. 

Also don't forget Ashwin recently has had a really good record against their big fish Steve Smith and especially their left-handers. They are afraid of him more than any other SENA teams. 

Yea true. But we just should take the same mistake again. In sena it will always support pace and swingers more. Please no bumrah who sucks post injury. He needs game time to get back to his best.

I personally wouldn't play spin in England. I just think it's a bad choice. See what happened in nz. We will most likely lose toss. 100% we will.

5 hours ago, speedracer said:

Yea true. But we just should take the same mistake again. In sena it will always support pace and swingers more. Please no bumrah who sucks post injury. He needs game time to get back to his best.

I personally wouldn't play spin in England. I just think it's a bad choice. See what happened in nz. We will most likely lose toss. 100% we will.

It wasn't a mistake to play 2 spinners in the final in the first place. Don't judge them on the basis of bilaterals where English and NZ curators do their best to provide pitches  that don't aid spin whenever they face India. 

ICC will prepare the pitch for the final and Oval anyways is a decent place for spinners. 

depends a lot on conditions. if pitch has turn, we should consider 2 spinners. for WTC, we cannot pick likes of jaiswal, sarfaraz, etc out of nowhere in high-pressure situation, i.e., they should not make debut in such pressure cooker situation. having min of 5 tests experience is ideal. my suggestion for the XI:

shaw/mayank --> neither is good vs moving ball, but KL is totally out of form

Rohit

Gill --> he's batting one position too high, but we have no other no. 3

Kohli

Sundar --> has the batting chops to play at 5, and has some test experience

Jaddu --> better bat than Ashwin, which is why he makes it

SKY --> he may likely fail, but use him as a lower-order disruptor

Kishan/bharath [bharath is better keeper and has test experience. if kishan has at least some test experience, he would be my pick]

Shami

Bumrah/Umesh

Siraj

36 minutes ago, Vijy said:

depends a lot on conditions. if pitch has turn, we should consider 2 spinners. for WTC, we cannot pick likes of jaiswal, sarfaraz, etc out of nowhere in high-pressure situation, i.e., they should not make debut in such pressure cooker situation. having min of 5 tests experience is ideal. my suggestion for the XI:

shaw/mayank --> neither is good vs moving ball, but KL is totally out of form

Rohit

Gill --> he's batting one position too high, but we have no other no. 3

Kohli

Sundar --> has the batting chops to play at 5, and has some test experience

Jaddu --> better bat than Ashwin, which is why he makes it

SKY --> he may likely fail, but use him as a lower-order disruptor

Kishan/bharath [bharath is better keeper and has test experience. if kishan has at least some test experience, he would be my pick]

Shami

Bumrah/Umesh

Siraj

We badly need one tall bowler. Fkn prasidh tyagi ll injured. Maybe harshit or porel who is hitting hard lengths consistently may be a surprise package. 

Our batting for swing conditions is woeful.

I would try eeshwaran honestly. He is good vs swing. 

Sarfraz must play too.

Gill sundar and the rest.

15 minutes ago, speedracer said:

We badly need one tall bowler. Fkn prasidh tyagi ll injured. Maybe harshit or porel who is hitting hard lengths consistently may be a surprise package. 

Our batting for swing conditions is woeful.

I would try eeshwaran honestly. He is good vs swing. 

Sarfraz must play too.

Gill sundar and the rest.

they cannot play their test no. 1 as WTC final. it does not seem a good strategy to me. tall pacer in eng is not as crucial as SA or Aus. classic swing bowler more crucial

If Bumrah is injured There is a strong case for Unadkat in England where the conditions will help him, as a left arm swing bowler offers something different from Shami and Siraj. I would definitely prefer him to Umesh

Decent with the bat too. 

Edited by Sooda
6 minutes ago, Number said:

Now that we are assured of playing WTC final 

I feel this is going to be the XI/line up 

Rohit

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Sarfraz Khan

KL Rahul/Ishan Kishan (wk)

Jadeja

Unadkat/Shardul

Shami

Siraj

Umran/Umesh

No umesh. Will have to be porel or rana.  Can't have run leaker. 

Rohit 

gill 

pujara 

Kohli 

jadeja / hardick 

Ishan /( bharat is second choice for me ) 

ashwin / axar / unadkat 

kuldeep 

umran / ( shardul if bharat is taken ) / hardick 

siraj 

Shami 

ayer 

Key to victory is deep batting and wicket taking bowlers 

kuldeep , Shami , siraj and ashwin - jadeja combo can create enough pressure to get wickets . Umran is X factor and should be there . Unadkat can bat so he can be played in place of shardul if needed . 

pitch will matter a lot . But we need wicker taking fast bowlers and shami , siraj and umran our best bets 

hardick and jadeja the batsman is v imp imo 

take all above players with u 

Why is their a choice between Kishan/Bharat, why not Samson?

In terms of batting ability, Samson is ahead of the 2 above.

The wicket keeping ability is pretty same for all 3.

I assume by then Samson should have recovered from his recent injury issues.

In terms of batting Ability, the pecking order for wicket keeping:

Samson

Kishan

Bharat

If you don't want anyone of the above, maybe try KL as a one off due to good batting record in England.