Venky declares Jihad against KL Rahul !!!

velu

2 minutes ago, speedracer said:

I agree. I don't rate coolie either. Even in England back in 2018 he got lucky several times due to dropped catches. He had a good peak of about 2 or 3 years. Apart from that he was mostly a can. Chimp looking fodder post 2020.

Nair did deserve more chances but to get picked you need to have some talent, along with that you need to be marketable or you need a lobby to vouch for you. Karen had none of the 3. Limited talent vs pace and bounce.

players improve if they have basic game. Difficult to judge on one series where even prime Kohli failed.

6 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bro Kohli got owned by Fidel Edwards on WI pitches in his first test series with short ball but got backed on potential. Forget Iyer I will tell you right now that Nair would have faded away in the following international cycle. However he earned some extra games with that 300. That’s the point I am making. Not 2 games after his knock on the basis that he struggled in 2 games .

True. I don't disagree. There is clearly bias and nepotism when it comes to selections for t3am India. 

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

players improve if they have basic game. Difficult to judge on one series where even prime Kohli failed.

True. Well tbf same was done to Shaw. He played only 3 or 4 games and then they discarded him. 

Look how long it's taking darfraz to get chances. Even pant. Saha was blocking him for years.

Edited by speedracer
1 hour ago, speedracer said:

dislike ganaguly. I never rated that scrub

Overrated player. He is a total can vs pace and bounce. I know it was unfair on k nair but there is nothing much we can do. He needed political support.

Ganguly had problems against short at bodyline deliveries,you like others are confusing it with inability to play pace,you will come across many many others in the past and even now who have weakness in that region, Ganguly didn't have problems with facing rapid deliveries,his problem was short at body which was quite highlighted,with lack of that many genuine pacers in each side in those days ,it wasn't exposed for many batsmen in those days

Happy to remind you he was devastatingly rampaging against Flintoff,Makhaya Ntini,Kallis in their own backyard batting at the top who were by no means medium pacers ,all of them could cross 145+ with ease

His problem was deliveries  short at body,not pace ,like most left handers he too had problem outside off

A barrage of short deliveries easily induced his edge across off in those BGT days thanks to McGrath and co.

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, speedracer said:

Ganguly is such an overrated can fodder vs pace and bounce..he is good vs spin only. And can play medium pace swingers. He is absolute trash vs pace and bounce. He should never have been part of oz, SA tours. Useless player in those conditions. 

The website they started is still fresh in my mind. ihateganguly.com. Whole world was against Ganguly except Sanjay jha who was running this website cricketnext and defend Ganguly on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Ganguly had problems against short at bodyline deliveries,you like others are confusing it with inability to play pace,you will come across many many others in the past and even now who have weakness in that region, Ganguly didn't have problems with facing rapid deliveries,his problem was short at body which was quite highlighted,with lack of that many genuine pacers in each side in those days ,it wasn't exposed for many batsmen in those days

Happy to remind you he was devastatingly rampaging against Flintoff,Makhaya Ntini,Kallis in their own backyard batting at the top who were by no means medium pacers ,all of them could cross 145+ with ease

His problem was deliveries  short at body,not pace ,like most left handers he too had problem outside off

A barrage of short deliveries easily induced his edge across off in those BGT days thanks to McGrath and co.

Ganguly in the 2nd dig changed his stance to two eyed stance. Slightly side on stance. He became a lot more stable and secure with that stance. His defense was as solid as Dravid. There was nothing loose about his game at that point. Shreyas Iyer should do well to study how Ganguly changed his stance to counter this weakness.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ganguly in the 2nd dig changed his stance to two eyed stance. Slightly side on stance. He became a lot more stable and secure with that stance. His defense was as solid as Dravid. There was nothing loose about his game at that point. Shreyas Iyer should do well to study how Ganguly changed his stance to counter this weakness.

That was in later part of his career,im talking about time when he just started leading the side He never had problem with genuine pace,he wqs troubled with bodyline deliveries

Same was the problem with Yuvraj,Raina ,yes it was rectified somewhat by changing his stance but he always had the ability to score runs against quick deliveries

19 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

That was in later part of his career,im talking about time when he just started leading the side He never had problem with genuine pace,he wqs troubled with bodyline deliveries

Same was the problem with Yuvraj,Raina ,yes it was rectified somewhat by changing his stance but he always had the ability to score runs against quick deliveries

Ganguly's weakness was channel deliveries as became a big time fisher like Jayawardene.

5 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

It seems venky is intending to contest this year on a BJP ticket and one of his first assignments is to take down a lingayat candidate in KL rahul....

gounder-rajni.gif...

P,.S : don't @ me :lol:

Actually someone has this sarcastic posts about linking him to some ulterior motive.  I don't think attacking KL Rahul at this point would get you anything. He has already been under the pump.

58 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

In rahul's defense he has hit a 100 in england and SA in the last 2 years unlike the gujju scamster gujara and dilli conman kohli...If at all anyone has to be dropped it has to be those two deadweights first..

The reason Gujara escaped because he didn't get an opportunity to suck in T20/ODI formats lol.  KL Rahul ruled there. That is why KL has been trending for all the wrong reasons recently. Kohli would have been under the pump as well but for his face saving  innings against Pakistan. Then a couple of inconsequential centuries in the one dayers/T20.

4 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I always remembered him getting owned by bounce and pace so my opinion about him is that he is a can. Can't rate such one dimensional players. He was a good leader though. Will give him that. 

Even iyer can play pace and bounce away from body. His issue is body line length and that's a serious problem. Short and directed at your body is a common tactic used by fast bowlers to intimidate batsmen.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

Bro Kohli got owned by Fidel Edwards on WI pitches in his first test series with short ball but got backed on potential. Forget Iyer I will tell you right now that Nair would have faded away in the following international cycle. However he earned some extra games with that 300. That’s the point I am making. Not 2 games after his knock on the basis that he struggled in 2 games .

That is nonsense, Kohli  got dropped the very next series in England in 2011.He had to work his way back into test team.

Other than Sachin , Sunny, Vishy and Kapil as far as I can remember most of the players have gotten dropped and worked their way back into the team.Nair after getting dropped did not do anything , VVS laxman on other hand after getting dropped  scored highest runs in Ranji history to force his way back for 2001 test series against Australia and never looked back. 

Edited by putrevus

An article from 2005 about Ganguly

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/website-that-loves-to-hate-sourav/articleshow/1271983.cms

"KOLKATA: Ever since Greg Chappell branded him a bad boy in his e-mail to BCCI, it has become fashionable to ridicule Sourav Ganguly, the finest lefthanded batsman in the history of Indian cricket. Even as Sourav is fighting to resurrect his career, a hate site has sprung up, pouring venom on the wounded Bengal Tiger and urging others to join the hate-Ganguly campaign. The site (www.ihateganguly.com) calls itself a place to mourn, condemn and discuss the pathetic state of Indian cricket embodied by Sourav 'No-fastbowling-please' Ganguly. It may be recalled that a few years back a similar anti-Bengali/Bengal hate-site was blocked by Kolkata police and its promoter arrested. The shoddy-looking site, apparently launched on October 8, claims to have had 61,592 hits and 350 users till now. Apart from a few poorly-written articles, it contains some stale jokes. The website's stated mission is three-fold: Get rid of Ganguly as captain; Make sure he never regains the crown; Make sure his place in the team is based purely on his batting performance.  By its own admission, the site's short-term objective has been achieved with Rahul Dravid's appointment as captain for the series against Sri Lanka and South Africa. Its aim now is to make sure Ganguly is not made captain again. An article on the website says: Indian cricket seems to be stuck forever in favouritism, regionalism, politics, powerhungriness, short-sightedness, and in an environment of unaccountability and indecisiveness. Ganguly happened to represent all these evil things, and therefore became the first target of our hatred. But with Ganguly bouncing back with a splendid century, the messengers of hate may well have to eat their words. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli said "please don't select me" after the series lol

He looked overmatched against Edwards. I don't see why it is problem though, it happens with lot of young players. To his credit he worked on his game and became very good player against fast bowlers.