Venky declares Jihad against KL Rahul !!!

velu

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Let us not forget vada pav was trending after Rohit's flop show in world T20. But he managed to turn it around. In cricket you can always go from villain to hero and vice versa in no time. Just one impact innings will do. 

He hasn't turned around anything. HTB in test cricket, misses important overseas test series,  looking good among useless batters.  His flop show in 2012 to 2022 wt20 should never be forgotten... 

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

It seems venky is intending to contest this year on a BJP ticket and one of his first assignments is to take down a lingayat candidate in KL rahul....

gounder-rajni.gif...

P,.S : don't @ me :lol:

Lingayats mostly support BJP.. current CM too is a lingayat.  

23 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

He hasn't turned around anything. HTB in test cricket, misses important overseas test series,  looking good among useless batters.  His flop show in 2012 to 2022 wt20 should never be forgotten... 

Even at home when team struggles, ie you put your hands up you get respect like his 161 at chepauk in the 2nd test against England.  Given the form of Hahul, Hahane, Gujara, Lohli it is easy for him to stand out

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

So you are saying Chopra was our first opener and it was a shootout between Viru and Ramesh :hysterical:

you are completely missing my point, at least in your case I believe its not intentional, or because you lack the capacity - unlike some others.:p:

My point was that Veeru had sealed his spot as the first choice opener - ahead of Ramesh.  And given his batting method, and NOT knowing that Chopra would turn out to be a dud, its eminently reasonable to pick Chopra ahead of Ramesh as of the start of that Australia tour of 2003.  Consider the context of Indian test tours to Australia till then.  Even our best batsmen used to keel over and fail.  We got absolutely hammered in 1999, with VVS opening for us and failing consistently until he put up that 167 in the last dead rubber.  India was going into the 2003 tour with everybody expecting another demolition.  Indian team were heavy underdogs and looking to give their burgeoning potentially strong middle order of Dravid, Tendy, Gangu and VVS - a reasonably solid start and avoid or at least minimize exposure to the new ball. 

In that context, having khadey-khadey Sadagopan Ramesh partner Veeru was a far more unrealistic proposition than giving Chopra with his subdued defense-first batting method - especially because he had been picked on the back of a reasonably successful Ranji season.  Sure, it turned out that he was a strokeless wonder against top bowling, and maybe India could have been better off with Ramesh's lead-foot stylings.  But that is only with hindsight.  Simply no way to make that assertion on the back of one decent score in a warm-up game - It wasn't as if the warm-up game was against some sort of quality team to begin with.  So yes, it was indeed a very easy and obvious decision to pick Akash Chopra ahead of Sadagopan in that tour.

6 hours ago, speedracer said:

I always remembered him getting owned by bounce and pace so my opinion about him is that he is a can. Can't rate such one dimensional players. He was a good leader though. Will give him that. 

Even iyer can play pace and bounce away from body. His issue is body line length and that's a serious problem. Short and directed at your body is a common tactic used by fast bowlers to intimidate batsmen.

That's subjective, that's your opinion

Even if you go back to youtube videos,you won't see him struggling against pace but short at body deliveries

You surely can believe whatever you want

Edited by Suhaan
43 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

That's subjective, that's your opinion

Even if you go back to youtube videos,you won't see him struggling against pace but short at body deliveries

You surely can believe whatever you want, whether it's true or false

True. I recall him doing poor vs Donald mcg Lee Pollock in tests so I don't rate him high.

6 hours ago, putrevus said:

That is nonsense, Kohli  got dropped the very next series in England in 2011.He had to work his way back into test team.

Other than Sachin , Sunny, Vishy and Kapil as far as I can remember most of the players have gotten dropped and worked their way back into the team.Nair after getting dropped did not do anything , VVS laxman on other hand after getting dropped  scored highest runs in Ranji history to force his way back for 2001 test series against Australia and never looked back. 

why do you keep using the word nonsense again and again. You are totally arguing on the wrong subject here. The point I was trying to make was injustice done to Karun Nair. May be your understanding was nonsensical.

1 hour ago, speedracer said:

True. I recall him doing poor vs Donald mcg Lee Pollock in tests so I don't rate him high.

Tests ,you get attacking field positions to bowl at,you need to have patience and good idea about your off stumps and which deliveries to leave or play

There is a reason Yuvi,Raina all did pretty well in odis but not in tests

Ganguly wasn't that bad in tests

Many have struggled against high pace in particular conditions, Kallis had hard time facing Lee at home, Pietersen had trouble facing McGrath,Lara was quite uncomfortable against Akhter(although faced him rarely)

8 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Tests ,you get attacking field positions to bowl at,you need to have patience and good idea about your off stumps and which deliveries to leave or play

There is a reason Yuvi,Raina all did pretty well in odis but not in tests

Ganguly wasn't that bad in tests

Many have struggled against high pace in particular conditions, Kallis had hard time facing Lee at home, Pietersen had trouble facing McGrath,Lara was quite uncomfortable against Akhter(although faced him rarely)

gangu, both v1.0 and v2.0, was actually quite capable in 2 countries of SENA - NZ and Eng. he could play swing quite decently. it is bounce, more than pace, that he had a problem with. in some ways, although a diff type of player, he reminds me of azhar.

10 hours ago, st12345 said:

venky was himself completely garbage .we tolerated him for many days when likes of hayden gilchrist anwar jayasurya used to thrash him all round the park and we didn't declared jihad against him 

who was he keeping out?