‘It’s a shame if you are not fit as a captain’: Kapil Dev says overweight Rohit Sharma ‘needs to put some hard work on it’

7 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

its unaccaptable a professional cricketer has a big belly.its not hard  to lose either if you just spend time in the Gym.

This is wrong.

Its not really about spending time in the gym, its why you see so many ignorant overweight people trying to lose the weight fast, by doing cardio, running cycling etc.

Its all about diet and in particular, calories in and calories out.

It wouldnt even surprise me if his diet is actually not "over indulgent:".  Most Indian food is very very fattening be it entree, bread, rice and sauces. Thats not even  really getting started on what they eat either.

With the massive wealth that they have and coupled with the fact that the BCCI is paying for all their meals, its not hard to eat healthy. They would also have access to professional chefs and nutritionists.

I saw SKY the other day on TV and he was busy demolishing the buffet while India were batting, its no wonder they are mostly all overweight. Those are not, simply cannot put on weight like Chahal.

12 hours ago, Texan said:

Looking fit and being fit are two different things. We should not make judgements based on how they look. Rohit, Pant do look a little chubby but still I haven't seen it affect their game. Same with Sarfaraz Khan who looks fat, but still manages to score triple and double hundreds in domestic cricket. You need to be able to bat many sessions and run in order to do it. So, if it doesn't affect their game, then why question how they look?

He missed more matches than he played in the last 2 yrs, how is his fitness not relevant? His lack of fitness has cost us the England series already, who knows if he'll be able to play the wtc final 

8 minutes ago, Tillu said:

Yeah, atleast in Rohit's case, all the world famous Oncologists need to come together and perform a Radical Mastectomy on his protruding belly and ass.

I dont think you know what the word Mastectomy is.

With that said, yes he needs to have that gut and arse sucked out of him.

14 hours ago, Texan said:

Looking fit and being fit are two different things. We should not make judgements based on how they look. Rohit, Pant do look a little chubby but still I haven't seen it affect their game. Same with Sarfaraz Khan who looks fat, but still manages to score triple and double hundreds in domestic cricket. You need to be able to bat many sessions and run in order to do it. So, if it doesn't affect their game, then why question how they look?

While Kohli "looks" fit, is he really fit? He keeps dropping catches, many of them are dollies. Why isn't someone questioning that? Isn't fitness in cricketing skills more relevant to the functions these cricketers perform? In that context, Kohli is unfit due to the sheer volume of the catches he 

Give me an unfit Rohit Sharma over this 

“fit “ chichora “ chutiya Loli. Never seen a more chichora chutiya playing cricket. 

Maybe Pandu is in the same category. 

Edited by rangeelaraja

Most Indian men over 30 are overweight and or out of shape. The nature of the Indian diet, simply lends itself to being this way.

It should not be any surprise that Fatman falls into this category.

Its also foolish to suggest that being fit has no correlation with performance. It does. Before anyone mentions Kohli, I would argue, his form would be even worse if he was overweight and unfit.

I would argue if players like Fatman and Pant made health and fitness a priority, it would elevate their performance. The margin may not be much, but then again look at the narrow margins of victories in T20, even a small 3-5% improvement would be massive.

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Most Indian men over 30 are overweight and or out of shape. The nature of the Indian diet, simply lends itself to being this way.

It should not be any surprise that Fatman falls into this category.

Its also foolish to suggest that being fit has no correlation with performance. It does. Before anyone mentions Kohli, I would argue, his form would be even worse if he was overweight and unfit.

I would argue if players like Fatman and Pant made health and fitness a priority, it would elevate their performance. The margin may not be much, but then again look at the narrow margins of victories in T20, even a small 3-5% improvement would be massive.

expect pant to be much fatter post-rehab, giving rohit a real run for his money.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

expect pant to be much fatter post-rehab, giving rohit a real run for his money.

Im probably one of the biggest Pant fan boys on here, and many of have seen me here over the years know I love the guy and I 100% agree on this, I highly expect him to put on a lot of weight during his rehab and by that I mean fat.

In Australia I have seen very closely how AFL players recover from ACL and a lot of them become very strong, especially upper body. They dedicate their entire rehab which is about 12 months for a rehab, becoming stronger. Its a very hard and arduous process. Pant IMO is not upto this. It will be challenging for him to say the least.

I expect Pant to fail completely in this area. If he has struggled to lose weight and be fit when healthy, I can only imagine having an ACL reconstruction is only going to exacerbate this even further.

I would not be surprised if Pant never played cricket to the level he had played  at prior to his injury ever again.

This is what is most heart breaking for me.

When ever he is out of form, returning to team after some period or team india gets out of big icc event the news come month later that he has worked alot on fitness and lost quite some weight but again some time later he gains it so he isn't following proper diet. I am not saying you should have six packs but he can still loose alot and extend his career in test cricket. Again totally his choice as long as he is scoring runs and fielding well in formats he plays. Previously i tried to reduce belly fat without any success but this year i have followed diet from first day and seen huge change already in less than 2 months. I do daily 35-40 mins workout which i did before too but diet made huge change.

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Im probably one of the biggest Pant fan boys on here, and many of have seen me here over the years know I love the guy and I 100% agree on this, I highly expect him to put on a lot of weight during his rehab and by that I mean fat.

In Australia I have seen very closely how AFL players recover from ACL and a lot of them become very strong, especially upper body. They dedicate their entire rehab which is about 12 months for a rehab, becoming stronger. Its a very hard and arduous process. Pant IMO is not upto this. It will be challenging for him to say the least.

I expect Pant to fail completely in this area. If he has struggled to lose weight and be fit when healthy, I can only imagine having an ACL reconstruction is only going to exacerbate this even further.

I would not be surprised if Pant never played cricket to the level he had played  at prior to his injury ever again.

This is what is most heart breaking for me.

yes, it's truly sad. I don't want to see a 100 kg pant moving around sluggishly and becoming a dud keeper and reduced batter

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, it's truly sad. I don't want to see a 100 kg pant moving around sluggishly and becoming a dud keeper and reduced batter

Agree.

Please trust me when I say that I follow very very closely in the AFL how players recover from a torn ACL and need an operation. Probably better than almost everyone on here.

The injury, the treatment and the recovery process is a very long, slow arduous process. Its lonely and you spend a lot of time by yourself needing to actively recover.

I dont believe Pant has the mindset or the mental fortitude to endure this.

I definitely believe Kohli could, you can see he has a very strong, strict work ethic.

I felt when I heard about Pant's car accident, I was really mourning the death of his career for India. I really hope he proves me totally wrong here.