Are we too arrogant to ever revert to foreign coaches now ?

My problem with Dravid he seems like a contended man. He gave an impression that "pace is over-rated".  Trundler culture returned after he took over. Harshal Patel, Chahal getting picked for World T20 in Australia not at all used. Trying to accommodate KL Rahul by hook or crook. Sitting out match winners like Kuldeep. Axar's promotion in T20. India lacked the aggressive edge from what i could see.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

My problem with Dravid he seems like a contended man. He gave an impression that "pace is over-rated".  Trundler culture returned after he took over. Harshal Patel, Chahal getting picked for World T20 in Australia not at all used. Trying to accommodate KL Rahul by hook or crook. Sitting out match winners like Kuldeep. Axar's promotion in T20. India lacked the aggressive edge from what i could see.

it's not just lack of aggressiveness alone, but also poor strategy, tactics, etc

23 hours ago, sandeep said:

That asshole played favorites and politics on a order of magnitude worse than BCCI babus - he did have cricket knowledge at a high level, but it was his political focus that ruined his tenure and led to sub-optimal outcomes for 'guru greg' and the Indian team.

The only politician at that time was Gangu bai . He kept Yuvi out of the test team to protect his place . Chappell desperately wanted Yuvi in the test team .

Chappell wanted to keep Laxman in tests but not in ODIs . Ganguly said to Laxman that Chappell did not want him in the team . So, he confronted Chappell about this . He was stunned & clarified what he said to Ganguly & assured him that he definitely wanted him in tests . Then both Chappell & Laxman  went together to meet Ganguly . He simply said he misunderstood what Chappell said .

He was out of form in both formats and team ranked at no 7 in ODIs & 6th in tests , team's fielding was abysmal . Ganguly himself recommended BCCI to hire him as coach after Chappell helped him rectify his batting technique in 2004 Aus tour . Chappell simply had a discussion with him during Zimbabwe series that he should consider playing as a batsman and find back his form . Then he scores a 100 off 250 balls & went to the press conference stating Chappell wanted him out as captain . And after that few oldies sided with Ganguly & younger players like Dhoni, Raina ,Pathan , other pacers were happy to be playing under Chappell . A couple of series before ODI WC, all seniors came back into the team & had early exit in WC.

The credit for 2007 T20 WC should go to Chappell because that was his hard work & all the younger players that he heavily backed . Gambhir, Uthappa , Pathan , Sreesanth, RP Singh all played a major part in T20 victory who were missing in ODI WC team .

Edited by diehardpacer