Are you enjoying this test series?

9 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Where are good old Indian pitches gone? So its either a rank turner or flat road these days

What do you mean by good old Indian pitches?

First two games were similar pitches. Its just that  batsmen are worse and spinners are better.

Forget about enjoying, I havent seen a single over in this test series so far. India's strategy seems to be prepare rank turners, pick 3 spinners, roll out the opposition cheaply and win the series. Is there any fun to these pointless exercises ? I would rather see BCCI prepare decent pitches which gives fair chance to other teams, fight it out and maybe win or lose some but produce good contests. But unfortunately, they have such low confidence in Indian team they have resorted to doctoring pitches and produce one sided bore fests which nobody seems to care about. In fact, Indian cricket as a whole has became a farce, boring and very predictable.

I just think this is all a bit pointless. There is just far too much cricket being played. We just had a World T20. And after this, we have 3 ODIs. Followed by 2 frigging months of IPL. And 2 weeks later we have WTC final? Not mention an ODI World Cup in October and another 7 tests against SA and England before another 2 month IPL and a World T20 immediately after. 

Is it any wonder we aren't winning anything?  Multi format players cannot survive on that grotesque schedule. 

And that's not including meaningless bilateral T20Is thrown in between. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric

i have just watched the highlights in this test and even in previous tests ...i watched 10 % of the match.

I have no regret missing the match too. 

no point of beating Aussie's on these SPIN friendly khadda Pitches. r we scared of Starc who is just bowling at 142k and Green who is under 137K bowler..- such a bakwaas decision of beating australia on Spin tracks...- no FUN at all. i would have loved to be 2-2 on greenish tracks.

neutral umpires and neutral Pitch curators will become a requirement now.

even poor batsman like SHAMMI Or Umesh Yadav can also score on such flat Patta wickets.

flat Pitches mean- pitches on which after first 6 overs Pace bowlers become meaning less. the ball losses shine too early and then there is no grass to help the bowl gather some pace so result is the pace of bowlers drop a lot. no swing happens and it becomes very easy to Bat. 

i have batted on flat tracks - i have seen batsman hitting CROSS batted shots and still not get out- i mean if a btsman plays wrong shots too- he still does not get OUT. rohit was unlucky that he hit straight into a close in fielders hands, he could have scored a 100 too......axar was also close to a 100 when he got out.

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i have just watched the highlights in this test and even in previous tests ...i watched 10 % of the match.

I have no regret missing the match too. 

no point of beating Aussie's on these SPIN friendly khadda Pitches. r we scared of Starc who is just bowling at 142k and Green who is under 137K bowler..- such a bakwaas decision of beating australia on Spin tracks...- no FUN at all. i would have loved to be 2-2 on greenish tracks.

neutral umpires and neutral Pitch curators will become a requirement now.

It does feel like a missed opportunity tbh. The 2017 series being memorable had a lot to do with the surfaces. Only Pune was a proper snakepit. 

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

even poor batsman like SHAMMI Or Umesh Yadav can also score on such flat Patta wickets.

flat Pitches mean- pitches on which after first 6 overs Pace bowlers become meaning less. the ball losses shine too early and then there is no grass to help the bowl gather some pace so result is the pace of bowlers drop a lot. no swing happens and it becomes very easy to Bat. 

i have batted on flat tracks - i have seen batsman hitting CROSS batted shots and still not get out- i mean if a btsman plays wrong shots too- he still does not get OUT. rohit was unlucky that he hit straight into a close in fielders hands, he could have scored a 100 too......axar was also close to a 100 when he got out.

But which poor batsman did actually score on this wicket?

12 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Why did Smith not score? Also Labu in first innings?