Lower your expectations - Rahul Dravid

7 minutes ago, Number said:

This is the most sane and wisest of advice Dravid has offered to Indian fans. My expectation was that they will make it to final 4 at world cup. I will lower that and think first round exit is what it will be.

I think we should be ready for disqualification :cantstop:

3 hours ago, Texan said:

Look, we won the first game.

You guys now want to complain about losing the series played in home conditions with almost full strength side??!!  

Please keep your expectations realistic. Enjoy IPL now where everyday you will see an Indian team winning. Cheers! :wp3:

dravidiot's thoughts in a nutshell

Rahul Dravid is ready to gift this nation another disaster after 2007 world cup. But he's right, it's the fans to be blamed. How can you expect serial chokers failing since the last 10 years suddenly to turn a tide and become world champions?

It is pretty clear that this team lacks the stomach for big games and the fans keep expecting miracles. Our players are good enough only for advertisements, IPL and bilaterals against mercenary Windies, Lankans. They will most certainly choke and lose against any other decent opponents.

The best thing for the Indian fans to hope for is for this Indian team to crash and burn in the league stages of the ODI world cup at home so that wholesale changes can take place and all the deadwood can be chopped off.

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Dravid sucks as coach.  No doubt about it.   But there is no point getting into this endless debate of Dravid vs Shastri again and again.   If any one wants to debate, why not start with John Wright vs Duncan Fletcher vs Greg Chappel vs Gary Kirsten vs Ravi Shastri vs R Dravid ? LOL.   

Shastri is better coach than all of them. He understood the need to take 20 wickets is the most criteria for team winning anywhere.He and Kohli were willing to lose matches but played 5 bowlers for most part.

Chappell to me comes second best coach as he tried to to create a system where players are not bigger than the team.But his method might have been crude that is why he comes second.

Gary won the world cup but I did not see any coaching philosophy, he was there when batting powers of Indian team were at its best.

Others were not that important.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Shastri is better coach than all of them. He understood the need to take 20 wickets is the most criteria for team winning anywhere.He and Kohli were willing to lose matches but played 5 bowlers for most part.

Chappell to me comes second best coach as he tried to to create a system where players are not bigger than the team.But his method might have been crude that is why he comes second.

Gary won the world cup but I did not see any coaching philosophy, he was there when batting powers of Indian team were at its best.

Dravid and Rohit are playing 5 bowlers too.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Shastri is  a bit more practical. But his fan boy nature doesn't help much. You cannot be a fanboy of your own team member. That is a clear conflict of interest.  Rahul Dravid doesn't take bold calls. Has no real new philosophy to take the team forward, help with transition. When Shastri left India was already ready for transition. But Dravid went 2 steps back and brought back even older players.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shastri is  a bit more practical. But his fan boy nature doesn't help much. You cannot be a fanboy of your own team member. That is a clear conflict of interest.  Rahul Dravid doesn't take bold calls. Has no real new philosophy to take the team forward, help with transition. When Shastri left India was already ready for transition. But Dravid went 2 steps back and brought back even older players.

Which older player has been brought back?